No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im trying sofitel sukhumvit this week!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Hahaha, I may not have the same person in mind when you say Lady Gaga, but let me know the next time you decide to pop in and I'll see what can be done

Did you sign up for their Grande Club? I blew 11k two months back and used up all my credit, lol (giving me less incentive to visit BarSu in the process - but I do miss the Living Room's jazz mob, one thing the IC doesn't have!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        Im trying sofitel sukhumvit this week!
        Sister stayed there on the way home for Christmas. No status but got upgraded to a huge suite for some reason. I regularly pass the place and never see anyone going in or out!.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Hahaha, I may not have the same person in mind when you say Lady Gaga, but let me know the next time you decide to pop in and I'll see what can be done
        I may be in there this weekend, but don't need any assistance with LGG in there, thanks. She's good fun but it's a real blow for them to lose Sonia, especially following former Manager Lucky when she left to live in LA last year.

Did you sign up for their Grande Club? I blew 11k two months back and used up all my credit, lol (giving me less incentive to visit BarSu in the process - but I do miss the Living Room's jazz mob, one thing the IC doesn't have!!)
        I did before but it's expired, and I never got around to using the free night!. I had run up quite a stash of points in BarSu as well.

Comment

• I have a freebie accor platinum... lets see

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I did before but it's expired, and I never got around to using the free night!. I had run up quite a stash of points in BarSu as well.
            They said unless I used a BKK address as my residency, no free night...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              ...it's a real blow for them to lose Sonia, especially following former Manager Lucky when she left to live in LA last year.
              Are they working any place in LA you know of?

They said unless I used a BKK address as my residency, no free night...
              Wow! Have no idea what kind of vibe you're giving off, but your luck is not good there. They've consistently offered it to me over the years...and I'm RARELY there.
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Wow! Have no idea what kind of vibe you're giving off, but your luck is not good there. They've consistently offered it to me over the years...and I'm RARELY there.
                The T&Cs are quite specific on that one, it's explicitly stated. Very silly, and I probably should challenge this or use my SO's address in BKK, but I honestly, honestly intend to stay no more than 25 times this year with SPG, merely to requalify for Plat. It's IC all the way now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  It's IC all the way now...
                  IHG

Comment

• Didn't know you're also a fan, but definitely have had to do much research to get the most out of it. Would say much more research was needed than HH/SPG/Accor combined... but the perks are very nice

Comment

• @sukhumvit sofitel. Upgraded to club millesime room with all the perks. Room is nice and service has been very good. Im a happy customer

Comment

The T&Cs are quite specific on that one, it's explicitly stated. Very silly, and I probably should challenge this or use my SO's address in BKK,
                        They are but I thought they just waived them as I know a fair number of non-Thai's or Thai residents that have had and used this with no problems.

It's IC all the way now.
                        I'd be interested to hear what you think of it after a year or so. I've had RA twice and really tried to use and get to like it, but I just couldn't. RA only seem to be worthwhile at IC's and at the three cities I visited the most at the time - Singapore, Bangkok and Sydney - I either much preferred other hotels or the treatment wasn't all that. At CP's and HI's it was next to useless.

I like the lounge in the IC in Bangkok but not much else, and as anyone who has ever read the thread on that place on FT you will know they give what they need to as per rules and that's it, regardless of how many stays of how much you've spent. Then I had the SGS (as Plat) and Hyatt (as Diamond) and I am afraid it came a distant third. The IC in Sydney wouldn't even give you lounge access (free bar is useless to me as I hate drinking in the room) and I was underwhelmed by the IC in Singapore, not helped by the fab team in the club lounge at the Conrad at the time, who again like the SGS sadly most have now gone on to pastures new.

Still, so many rave about it - including a couple on here - that it must be good for some.

Comment

• Well, this post is being typed from the 16th (top) floor of the Club Ambassador suite in SIN, so I'd say we're doing pretty well

(it's not a two-category upgrade either, this round, it's three! )...

Comment

Hahaha, I may not have the same person in mind when you say Lady Gaga, but let me know the next time you decide to pop in and I'll see what can be done
                            Neither did I, I got her mixed up with her sister!. Who is also leaving later this month.

Well, this post is being typed from the 16th (top) floor of the Club Ambassador suite in SIN, so I'd say we're doing pretty well

(it's not a two-category upgrade either, this round, it's three! )...
                            Don't think I stayed in one of those, they kept giving me the shophouse suites that looked out over the shopping area below and as a result were quite noisy in the morning.

Comment

• The shophouse suites are nice, and are all newly renovated - there are quite a few opinions from mattress-runners who prefer it over the tower building because of that very fact.

Since we had a visitor in town, and the IC offered a very decent rate for three pax (essentially same as two pax), I decided to try for the 129m2 option

(I doubt they'd want to offer that if you showed up solo, a bit overkill, honestly)

Comment

Didn't know you're also a fan, but definitely have had to do much research to get the most out of it. Would say much more research was needed than HH/SPG/Accor combined... but the perks are very nice
                                IHG has a larger presence in most in the markets I deal with (TW is SPG galore ) Plus I love the pointbreaks offers - the recent offer had Shanghai Ruijin and availability was generous

Amb benefits (Some do the bare minimum - IC Tokyo Bay/Yokohama , some do their best - IC Osaka/HK Grand Stanford) HKGS was on points and still got the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X