No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've not had an upgrade at the SGS since they started the renovations. They have been offering me check out as late as I want to make up for it but this has been useless for me as none of my departure times have been later than the normal 4pm check out for Plats

Comment

• I just check in again no upgrade. However after my last visit i fed-back that it would be nice if the better amenities that they put in the suites could be put in the normal rooms for Plats who were not upgraded. Just got my room and it has the suite amenities. They say they are going to try to implement this from now on.

Comment

• Are you st the SGS now? Was there last night!

Comment

• Yes I was here last night as well but did not make it to Bar Su

Comment

• Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but the SR has the dual lift system with the lobby being on the 12th floor along with the bar, wine lounge and international restaurant. The ground floor has Zuma (Japanese) and JoJo (Italian).

I don't mind this system as there is no backtracking involved the lobby is a rather nice walkthrough at this property. Guest rooms are on floors 14-24 with the residences on top.

Despite having a nice lobby, I'm not a fan of the lift situation at the GH in KL which involves going to the 38th floor to go to the rooms below.
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Lobster: I spent the evening watching Cheryl Hayes (sp?) at the Living Room, her last night performing apparently, even Khun RC dropped by

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Second successive stay with no suite at SGS last weekend. Again they were telling the truth and again I said it might be an idea to avoid the place until next August if this is going to continue. I said as much in a pretty scathing feedback form and to be fair, and not unexpectedly I got an email from Richard Chapman this morning. I take his point, and they were telling the truth, but this is what happened when you are spoiled by someone on over 50 stays and then they take something away.

I must be on a bit of a run at the moment as I didn't get one in the Westin in KL either, first time in a dozen stays.

So bollox to Starwood, I am in the Hyatt in Bangkok tonight.
                Good man!

Surprised Mr. Chapman didn't move someone for you.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                ...for the first time ever, been upgraded to a Grand Executive Suite (I think that's what she said it is), a truly incredible Suite about four times the size of the Grande Deluxe Suites at the SGS.
                Congrats! If you rack up the stays as much as you did at the SGS, you should put in for a Courtesy Card.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Has the SGS ever upgraded you to their themed suites, MAN Flyer?

Comment

• The doubletree Bangkok was pleasant enough. Rooms are compact but I enjoyed the way they were styled. No bath but the large shower with rainshower and standard shower option was good. Amenities by Crabtree and Evelyn.

As a gold breakfast or 1000 points per night were available. I had the breakfast which was a decent enough spread. Location was good,300-400 metre walk to Phrom Pong BTS.

I was happy at the price I paid (8000 points plus 1400 baht).

As mentioned the Hilton that is soon to be opened is almost right next door, will be interested to try that on my next visit to BKK
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• I read some where that the DT BKK is always almost full with Chinese tourist....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        I read some where that the DT BKK is always almost full with Chinese tourist....
                        I noticed a mixed crowd when I was there including many caucasian faces. If it was full of chinese I didn't notice.

Comment

• I was in the DT lobby last month (also took a quick look at the Hilton behind on the other Soi) and I saw plenty of HKG tourists. Very low ceilings also. Stark difference to the KUL/PEK Doubletrees...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            I was in the DT lobby last month (also took a quick look at the Hilton behind on the other Soi) and I saw plenty of HKG tourists. Very low ceilings also. Stark difference to the KUL/PEK Doubletrees...
                            Yes no impressive lobby area. Rooms were nice though. I was comfortable. Forgot to mention a piece of cake in room as welcome gift

Comment

• There was quite a few Japanese in the DT when I was there and looking around the restaurants and other 'attractions' in the area I would expect that to continue....

Comment

• The Les Clefs d'Or Concierge at the new DT came from the Shangri-La BKK
                                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X