Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    That clears that up then. Was getting worried about you for a moment.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    ...but as someone who rarely wakes up in time for breakfast, free or otherwise, free breakfast perks hold v little interest for me.
    hahahaha I totally agree. I never partook in the b-fast at the SR S'pore at all the entire week I was there.
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Hi

I have stayed at a few Bangkok hotels and I think Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit is pretty nice (better than LeMeridien Plaza Anthenee if you are after Starwood points). But I also had a very nice stay at Lebua but it was a few minutes to walk to the nearest Skytrain station. But it also depends on how much you are willing to cough up for the room per night
      Regards
      Gard
      http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

• I must admit, part of the attraction of staying at the SGS for me is the Chinese restaurant with the roast duck hanging in the window next downstairs!

That and the shorter walk to Bed Supperclub for when I'm attending events.
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel is really nice hotel. The service is good and the staff is also good. I think this hotel will be better for you. I have been there two years ago with my husband. Really enjoyed there. have a nice trip.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 16 July 2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: Commercial url in deleted text

Comment

• For me its the Holiday Inn at Patuwan area....in front its the BTS station...n next to it its Intercon...where I usually have my breakie when I stay at Holiday Inn...further more its the newly renovated with the new logo....

Comment

• I just got the OK for my work trip to Bangkok so it looks like I will be there between 1st and 15th May

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                As long as it's open I'll stay there. I do have a booking there for next Saturday, which was a cheaper non-refundable booking for last weekend but as I got volcanic ashed they kindly changed it for me. I have been in regular contact with Richard the GM. BarSu has been closed a bit recently, it's only been open Wednesday to Saturday this week.

I hope it's open next weekend if I am there...
                MAN Flyer gets a lot of love at the SGS!
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  MAN Flyer gets a lot of love at the SGS!
                  Yes, they do look after us very well at the SGS.

I believe you also enjoyed yourself there.

Comment

I may be there myself next Saturday if you guys fancy a drink. Won't know for certain until next week with what the situation is there. There are troops all around Asok and near the SGS now apparently.
                    Yeah I'm up for drink just drop me a line when you know your plans

Comment

I believe you also enjoyed yourself there.
                      Yes, I did...thanks to a VVIP.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                        MAN Flyer, I fly out about 6pm on saturday, probably free before hand though! let me know,
                        That's a shame, but if you fancy a drink in the afternoon let me know and we'll see if we can sort something.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                        Yeah I'm up for drink just drop me a line when you know your plans
                        Excellent. Lets see how the weeks pans out and if I get there first.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        Yes, I did...thanks to a VVIP.

Comment

• sqdazz and Lobster, you got PM's re tomorrow.

Comment

Still took 1h 45mins to get from Suvarnabhumi to the SGS though...
                            DAMN!

Please be sure to say hello to our friends at BarSu!

Was sad to read the reports of yesterday's casualties...added to the news that there is now another faction who is inbetween the Reds and Yellows (read: they have no clue what they want). Welcome to Thailand!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• After swearing by the MAN Flyer MO of keeping the fook away from the protests, as, well, why risk it ?, curiosity got the better of me and I jumped on the Skytrain to Sala Daeng an back (which means a change at Siam) and was both bemused and amused at looking down and seeing them. First off there was far smaller numbers than I thought, but they were also spread over a far bigger area than I had envisaged. Also, going over the top of the shower facilities they had set up and seeing a pile of naked blokes showering full view was not my idea of a great day out...

I have to say it is quite impressive how they have made themselves a proper camp with all the necessary facilities.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

Please be sure to say hello to our friends at BarSu!
                              We did mate, and Miss P did ask when you were due back there.

I will refrain from adding anything else, as Lobster has got some photos. If he's up yet.

I walked in BarSu tonight to be greeted with a handshake by the person that got us both home : '12 hours of drinking, you English are crazy'.

Our bar bill for last night exceeds my accomodation costs for two nights, by some distance.....

I love this place.
                              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 9 May 2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I walked in BarSu tonight to be greeted with a handshake by the person that got us both home : '12 hours of drinking, you English are crazy'.
                                Yeah I think he might have been right, I couldn't move yesterday. But it was a good night.

Comment

Working...
                                X