The Hotel Toiletries Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hotel Toiletries Thread!

Who's putting what products, where, and in which room categories!

Cheers to a New Year and New Bathroom Products (supplied by some Old Favorites )

I'll start off. Very surprised to find the SGS stocking Remede Spa products (small size) in the Grande Suite!

Although the trio in the shower turned out to be a vial of Hydra Contour Complex and two vials of Complete Repair Conditioner ot altogether unuseful, I must say

I did find a vial of Energizing Cleansing Body Tonic amongst the trio placed by the sink, but I might have to dig into my privé stash of Remede Spa bath products for the shampoo
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

That's nice to hear, their previous (?) products were also not too bad. I hope they haven't taken away the little bottles of talc powder. Perfect travel size. I always stock up when I'm there. (sometimes I stay there just to stock up)

A little bird stayed at the BKK JW and is supposed to pass me their latest Aromatherapy Associates range, which could potentially be far superior to the stuff in Conrad SIN.

Quite like the Tara Smith products at Conrad nowadays, their Shanghai Tang ones are great also!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      That's nice to hear, their previous (?) products were also not too bad. I hope they haven't taken away the little bottles of talc powder. Perfect travel size. I always stock up when I'm there. (sometimes I stay there just to stock up)
      The talc powder is still here Kyo-chan! I also keep a bottle (one bottle goes a long way) in my suitcase. That and the one from the E&O Penang

A little bird stayed at the BKK JW and is supposed to pass me their latest Aromatherapy Associates range, which could potentially be far superior to the stuff in Conrad SIN.
      Are you referring to the JW Marriott Bkk? I think I have a spare set of the AA toiletries from their junior suites if your friend doesn't come through (or if you need refills )

Comment

Funny you should bring up E&O Penang. I spent a whole week, first week of 2013 looking/comparing rates at this hotel for CNY and nearly pulled the trigger. I didn't, finally as we managed to get a room at the Rasa Sayang, which has a much more relaxed feel and is what we want from an island holiday.

Thanks for the info about SGS. Might be staying there 2nd Feb...

I am referring to the JW in BKK, yes. The one with the black shower gel tube? We should definitely meet up sometime and swap toiletries, lol (j/k)

(not kidding about the meeting up part, however... let me know when you've got time to spare in SIN)

Comment

Funny you should bring up E&O Penang. I spent a whole week, first week of 2013 looking/comparing rates at this hotel for CNY and nearly pulled the trigger. I didn't, finally as we managed to get a room at the Rasa Sayang, which has a much more relaxed feel and is what we want from an island holiday.
          Was it in the company of other SQT VVIVVFFs? If so, I heard about it

Thanks for the info about SGS. Might be staying there 2nd Feb...

I am referring to the JW in BKK, yes. The one with the black shower gel tube? We should definitely meet up sometime and swap toiletries, lol (j/k)
          It would be our pleasure!

Comment

All Ws - Bliss

Hilton Surfer's Paradise - Peter Thomas Roth (very nice body wash)

Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi (M Gallery) - Roger Gallet

Sofitel Saigon - l'Occitane (I think the more premium rooms have Hermes)
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Got Aromatherapy Associates at Conrad NYC (nice property as well).

Bliss from W Hollywood, San Francisco and soon to be Bangkok

June Jacobs from Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur (never heard of it until HUGE AL enlightened me in the GH KL thread).

Forest Essentials from Grand Hyatt Mumbai (this stuff is fabulous!)

~H2O+ Spa from Hyatt Regency Delhi (also very nice).

I also have an affinity for the Ritz Carlton house branded toiletries from Beijing..more on this later.

From left to right:
              2 loofah pads
              8 shower gels
              10 mouthwashes
              5 shampoos
              6 conditioners
              6 body lotions
              2 shoe mitts
              4 shower caps
              5 combs
              8 bars of soap
              2 shoe polishers
              10 bath salts
              10 toothbrush kits
              4 shaving kits
              oh and 2 nail files
              Great thread B727!
              Last edited by viraj735; 15 January 2013, 02:59 PM.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Great job viraj735, I'm too shy to list everything

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                Was it in the company of other SQT VVIVVFFs? If so, I heard about it
                Haha, I'm not important enough to attend these things anymore. It's only for the esteemed SQflyergirl et al category...

(also my post was referring to Chinese New Year which is 9-12 Feb as per Singaporean holiday calendar)

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                  From left to right:
                  2 loofah pads
                  8 shower gels
                  10 mouthwashes
                  5 shampoos
                  6 conditioners
                  6 body lotions
                  2 shoe mitts
                  4 shower caps
                  5 combs
                  8 bars of soap
                  2 shoe polishers
                  10 bath salts
                  10 toothbrush kits
                  4 shaving kits
                  oh and 2 nail files
                  If I bring these stuff home, I've to hide it from my wife, she thinks I'm such a cheapskate. But of course it's true.

Comment

That's not all, folks!

From left to right:
                    W hotels -
                    3 fabulous foaming facewashes
                    3 conditioning rinses
                    3 supershine shampoos

Grand Hyatt Mumbai
                    25 awesomely coloured soaps
                    3 hand and body lotions
                    4 hair conditioners
                    3 bath and shower gel
                    4 shampoos
                    3 cream soaps
                    2 sugar soaps

Conrad New York
                    2 conditioners
                    1 body lotion
                    1 shampoo

Comment

Lol, I've got double that in Shanghai Tang. Wish I'd taken a photo of it but I emptied it all into bigger (and more stylish) dispenser containers

Mandarin Tea perfumes the toilet now

Gave away all the body lotion to my office ladies. They've got enough supplies to last a year or two, I reckon.

Comment

Lol, I've got double that in Shanghai Tang. Wish I'd taken a photo of it but I emptied it all into bigger (and more stylish) dispenser containers

Mandarin Tea perfumes the toilet now

Gave away all the body lotion to my office ladies. They've got enough supplies to last a year or two, I reckon.
                        Wow! Are all Conrads stocked with Shanghai Tang toiletries in higher room categories? Pardon my ignorance as i've only recently stayed at the Conrad in NYC where i received the AA.

By the way, great ideas there, I might consolidate my duplicates into nicer dispensers as you did and give away the lotions (they're wasted on me too!).

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                          I also have an affinity for the Ritz Carlton house branded toiletries from Beijing..more on this later
                          i.want

The Ritz Carlton South Beach Miami is starting to stock Asprey of London toiletries as of a couple of months ago!

Due to celebrate its 10th anniversary later this year, I remember when this property stocked Bulgari toiletries in its early years (since relegated to suites only)

Comment

The SGS last month introduced Thann toiletries into all rooms and suites

They include shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and huge, thick, carved bar of soap.

There is a distinct woody, earthy, bergamot-like fragrance to the products.

Seems to be a hit with their South Asian guests from what I've heard.

I also returned to the Palomar, a Kimpton hotel, in San Francisco and they stock their bathrooms with these neon-colored Etro products which evoke the bohemian spirit of the Bay Area.

The Doubletree in Sonoma County carries Crabtree & Evelyn products which seem to be a standard of their hotel brand.

Comment

Thann eh? I think I'll swing my stay next weekend over to them to give this a whirl in that case... quite a fan of them myself, when they're placed sensibly inside shower areas and I don't have to move them myself (offending airport: BKK - TG lounges)

Comment

Working...
                              X