No announcement yet.

State of Emergency in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive heard of absolutely nothing going on in Krabi, Phuket, Samui, Surat etc. I dont see why people should avoid going there?

Anyway, I am going to Bangkok in 10 days still.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Got an e-mail from the hotel (after I asked about the Krabi situation at the moment):

Dear Mr. Kyo,

Greeting from Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort.

We are pleased to inform, Krabi remains no effect from situation in Bangkok at all. Everything is still very nice and calm.

Have a nice day.
      Nice and reassuring

Comment

• I have been here in Bangkok for a couple weeks (just leaving actually), for sure it's been "interesting" this week in particular but you can still work etc. you just need to be careful where you go like anywhere. I am back on Monday, it's actually getting easier, the curfews for 3 days have helped.

If you are going to holiday destination you should be fine.

Comment

• Greetings from Chiangmai. Nothing to report here. Seems like an ordinary day (so far ) Just been out onto the streets to get a few bottles of Chateau Atlanta Zéro vintage 2010 sans sucre and wasn't shot at, so it's a good start

Comment

• Today in Bangkok they have declared 'BIG CLEANING DAY' .

there is thousands of ordinary Bangkok citizens out cleaning the streets, volunteering their time. some great pics floating around of the progress. What a lovely thing to see. Made me smile like this:
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• That's a big news.

@Sqdazz: thanks for the update.

@SQFG : enjoy your holiday!
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• I personally think that this might just be a lull period.

I don't know why but the thought of a French Revolution (like Les Miserables) keeps crossing my mind... it might or might not happen...

Please don't flame me for posting this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Greetings from Chiangmai. Nothing to report here. Seems like an ordinary day (so far ) Just been out onto the streets to get a few bottles of Chateau Atlanta Zéro vintage 2010 sans sucre and wasn't shot at, so it's a good start
                  That's good news to hear. I will be there in Chiang Mai on June 7, and will be visiting the Elephant Nature Park again. Hopefully it'll be ok then as well.

Hope the rest of your time in Thailand is safe as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Greetings from Chiangmai. Nothing to report here. Seems like an ordinary day (so far ) Just been out onto the streets to get a few bottles of Chateau Atlanta Zéro vintage 2010 sans sucre and wasn't shot at, so it's a good start
                    Just don't wear anything red or yellow
                    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 24 May 2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                      That's good news to hear. I will be there in Chiang Mai on June 7, and will be visiting the Elephant Nature Park again. Hopefully it'll be ok then as well.

Hope the rest of your time in Thailand is safe as well.
                      Thanks Some people are saying it's the calm before the storm. Who knows eh?

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                      Just don't wear anything red or yellow
                      I packed my bag with specifically that in mind Only thing is my nail polish is very distinctly red... does that count?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                        That's a big news.

@Sqdazz: thanks for the update.

@SQFG : enjoy your holiday!
                        This Board is not Twitter.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Looks like they are going to extend the curfew for another week. While I can understand them being cautious it does somewhat contradict that 'we are open again' message they claim they want to get out to people, tourists in particular.

Comment

• If that's true, how does a late arrival like mine this Thursday (out of airport at 11PM) get handled in a curfew situation?

Comment

• Travelling to and from the airport is allowed, but apparently many of the taxis have been going home before the curfew kicks in. Although going from the airport will be easier than getting to it.

I think another week is OTT myself and will put tourists off when they really need them back, but there are those who have been pushing for things like this - including martial law - for a while now so they are probably calling the shots.

Comment

• Seems like it'll be between midnight and 4am, so I'll avoid it by the skin of my teeth!

Comment

Working...
                                X