No announcement yet.

Die, die, must try! -- Eating outside Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ LPP - the best chicken rice is outside the terminal! I prefer Novena..

Comment

• Sometimes simple food is the best. An Indian feast somewhere in KL al fresco:

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        www.tequilakitchen.ca

This duck main dish was delicious.

and this one was just so so
        Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        www.bananaleaf-vancouver.com

Mango Margaritha and Mango Mojito

Roti Canai

Satay: Chicken, Beef and Lamb

Fried Tofu

Kangkung (not popular ... )

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the main dishes. Or, was it because the company digging into the beef rendang, chicken curry, hainanese chicken, green beans sambel belacan too quickly?
        Don't have pictures to share but I miss YVR

Comment

• Aerial view of an Indian feast seen through the eyes of a pesky fly.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Sometimes simple food is the best. An Indian feast somewhere in KL al fresco:

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            Me too

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              Having had eggs benedict in J onboard SQ J recently made me realize how much I miss my bennies in YVR! My fav spot for bennies (and other delectables): Wazubee's on the Drive.

Other YVR favs include the Afghan Horseman for yummy Kabuli rice and the two Ethiopian places on the Drive.
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• What some claim to be the best pizza in the world - the Margherita (with extra cheese) for EUR 5 (and queueing up to 2 hours) from Da Michele in Naples, Italy:

Comment

• Looks yummy!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    What some claim to be the best pizza in the world - the Margherita (with extra cheese) for EUR 5 (and queueing up to 2 hours) from Da Michele in Naples, Italy:

Was it really a fanta-bulous pizza?

Comment

• Originally posted by zander View Post
                      Was it really a fanta-bulous pizza?
                      It was definitely nice with a charred flavour (which you can see from the photo above) due to the extremely hot wood fired oven which only takes a minute or so to cook the pizza. They use top quality ingredients sparingly (quite unlike pizzas in the UK which are sometimes piled high with toppings), e.g. San Marzano tomatoes grown in the nearby volcanic soil of Mount Vesuvius, local mozzarella cheese (made from cow's milk and not buffalo which is too watery), a few leaves of basil etc. The crust was thin and slightly soggy.

The pizzeria is almost 140 years old, they only sell the Margherita and another one called a Marinara (tomato, garlic, oregano and oil - no cheese); and they have people queueing up outside. It's definitely a "die die must eat" if in Naples ... but would I personally fly there again just to eat the pizza ? No - it doesn't have the same attraction for me like, e.g., Peter Luger in NYC.

(However, there are other reasons which mean that Naples is a city I'd like to visit again.)

Comment

• Looking like they used that basil sparingly. I'm sure phaleesy would have lodged a complaint.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Have just updated my HK post in this thread with some new favourites as well as removed ones that no longer exist or have dipped in quality.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...=8419#post8419
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Looking like they used that basil sparingly. I'm sure phaleesy would have lodged a complaint.
                            I did not order or had any inclination to eat a basil pizza, so why should I complain?!

Comment

• Brenda's in San Francisco

Brenda's French Soul Food
                              652 Polk St @ Eddy
                              San Francisco, CA 94102
                              Tel: 415.345.8100

Even though when we went there we had to wait for long to be seated, but definitely it was worth it. Excellent food, and I am stuffed... It's New Orleans Creole style. Like the beignets. And I had a special of the day, omelette with oysters and ham was delicious.. The grits was excellent!

Pictures will follow later.

Thanks to kluau88 for taking us for brunch at this wonderful restaurant.
                              Last edited by SQ LPP; 26 May 2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• La Colombe in Constantia (a suburb of Cape Town) - one of the restaurants on this working wine farm. A British chef cooking French cuisine with Asian (Japanese) influences. Stunning food and staff who were very friendly and enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their food and wine. This restaurant is not a discovery as such since it's widely reckoned to be one of the top restaurants in the country but it was miles better than the other well known place tried (Le Quartier Français). SA is one of the few places which isn't now quite expensive for UK tourists, e.g. it was less than US$20 in total for the recommended 7 glasses of (decent) wine paired with the tasting menu which was an absolute bargain!

Comment

Working...
                                X