X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks HUGE AL, SQ LPP.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

I lived in San Francisco until year 2000. I do recall Mayflower restaurant at Geary. Perhaps everything has changed. Like in Castro area. The only one I know it is still there is the one on Market St, a restaurant without a name.
      Oh SQ LPP, so from when till 2000 you were in SF? I should had dine with you back then. Anyway, when is your next trip to SF?

Comment

• Jhm and phaleesy dined at Bistro St. Ferdinand, Paris

Here I am grounded... and helping out uploading memories for jhm and phaleesy exploring French food while doing mileage run for elite level, as well as keeping in touch with friends.

Kir Royale

Wines

Foie Gras Frais de Canard mi-cuit, Confiture de Tomate, Toasts

Poelon de 12 Escargots de Bourgogne a l'Ail Doux

Carpaccio de Boeuf aux Copeaux de Parmesan, Tomates, Roquette a l'Huille de Sesame

Foie de Veau au Vinaigre de Xeres, Tagliatelles Fraiches au Basilic

Carré d’Agneau Rôti, Jus au Thym, Gratin Dauphinois

Magret de Canard du Sud-Ouest Rôti aux Cerises, Purée au Beurre d’Isigny

Profiteroles Maison au Chocolat Chaud

Crème Brûlée à la Vanille Bourbon

La Belle Part de Millefeuille, Caramel au Beurre ½ Sel

Comment

• Thanks, SQ LPP! Gosh, all that food and wine just for the two of us ?

The restaurant's set price menu offers an aperitif, 3 courses, half a bottle of wine and coffee all for €36 per person! Good food too as can be seen from the pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Gosh, all that food and wine just for the two of us ?
            Hmm everyone notices that there are three Kir Royales, three appetisers, three main courses, and three desserts. You guys had a special guest, I guess! Or is it me?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            The restaurant's set price menu offers an aperitif, 3 courses, half a bottle of wine and coffee all for €36 per person! Good food too as can be seen from the pics!
            Note to self: Need to go visiting Paris again ... as phaleesy posted, travel in Y is a common sense, and spend the money for foods and shopping!

Comment

You guys had a special guest, I guess! Or is it me?
              Ah! You mean phaleesy's French speaking guest from far away ?

Comment

Note to self: Need to go visiting Paris again...
                My thoughts exactly...sans the whY part...
                HUGE AL

Comment

Ah! You mean phaleesy's French speaking guest from far away ?
                  The honored guest who came bearing gifts of pineapple tarts!

Comment

• Lyon, France

l'Auberge du Pont de Collonges - 3 Michelin Stars!
                    -Try the truffle soup! (Soupe VGE)
                    -Its just off the river Saone
                    -Expensive but worth the visit

For a cheaper version of Paul Bocuse's(who runs the above) food, you can try one of the following:
                    Le Nord (In the north)
                    -Conveniently located in the centre of Lyon (Hotel De Ville)
                    Le Sud (In the south)
                    -Conveniently located in the centre of Lyon (Bellecour)
                    L'est (In the east)
                    -Its located near Part Deux train station and is in an old train station. There is a mini train set running around the restaurant.
                    L'Ouest (In the west)
                    -This is one of the more popular outlet and would require reservation way in advance.

Comment

• I am blessed to be born and grew up in a city known as one of the dining mecca of the world. The list of great dining places in the SAR is way too long for me to list them all so I’ll select a couple to form this list of my recommendations from a local perspective:

Cantonese Dim Sum & Seafood:

Lei Garden
                      Phase I Level 6
                      Newtown Plaza, Shatin
                      2698-9111
                      I know there are many other branches throughout the SAR, but based on my experience the quality is the highest at this branch. I certainly don’t mind making the trek up north from where I live to dine here. Good for both Dim Sum Lunch as well as Seafood Dinner in the evening.

Fung Shing
                      2/F Whampoa Gourmet Place
                      Hung Hom
                      2362-2283
                      Same with this. Several branches but best IMO is right here in Hung Hom very close to where I live (within short walking distance). Excellent for both Dim Sum Lunch and Seafood Dinner as well.

Super Star Seafood
                      This one I find quality about the same of the various branches I have dined at. Click here for the branch nearest you.

茶餐廳 (Cha Chan Teng):
                      Hong Kong’s dining version of East meets West where for example you have pork chop served with white rice or elbow macaroni mixed together with sunny side up eggs inside a soup you normally get with wonton noodles. Highly recommended for foreign visitors to sample a unique Hong Kong taste.

Chi King Desert
                      G2 Treasure World (Enter from Outside)
                      Whampoa, Hung Hom
                      2303-1983
                      Located across the building from where Fung Shing (see above) is located.

Double Star Cafe
                      Shop 6-7, 1/F, Chuang’s London Plaza
                      219 Nathan Road
                      Jordan, Kowloon
                      3106-4482

Northern Chinese:

Peking Garden
                      3/F Star House
                      Tsim Tsa Tsui
                      2735-8211
                      Also with branches in Central and Taikoo Shing

Italian:

Milano
                      2/F Sun Hung Kai Centre
                      30 Harbour Road
                      WanChai
                      2598-1222

Japanese:

Itamae Sushi
                      L1-19A
                      Festival Walk
                      Kowloon Tong
                      2265-7722
                      Also with branches in TST, Causeway Bay, etc just to name a few.

Teppan Chiu
                      G/F, 202 Sai Yeung Choi Street South,
                      Mongkok
                      2398-2006

Korean:

Myung Ga
                      301-302 World Trade Centre
                      Causeway Bay
                      2882-5056

Thai:

Thai Basil
                      LG/F Shop 5
                      Pacific Place
                      Admiralty
                      2537-4682

Vietnamese:

Tonkin
                      Shop G, 512-513 Shun On Mansion
                      Stage 5, 3 Tai Yue Avenue
                      Taikoo Shing
                      2569-7928
                      Last edited by Rejuvenated; 14 October 2008, 01:35 PM.
                      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• Should somebody be updating this thread by now?

Comment

• Sydney

Prime in GPO Has really good steaks.
                          Pendolino Has nice Italian food, currently my favourite restaurant.

Comment

• For the best fish (mahi-mahi) sandwich ever and some serious burgers, I'd heartily recommend Club Breakers at Smyrna Beach, Florida.

Tripadvisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...h_Florida.html

It's basically a beach shack right next to the waterfront. No reservations, you can enter in shorts and flip-flops, mixed crowd and either the spectacular waves or sports channels to look at.

But the simplish food they do is just brilliant. The mahi-mahi sandwich with tartare sauce and either fries or coleslaw/potato salad could be considered as a signature dish and it's as tasty as they come...

The burgers have been voted best in Floriday for years and include succulent meat and tasty sides.

Usual drinks are beer from plastic cups, margaritas and the like but after surfing, beach walking and some freestyle frisbee throws or a try at fishing, this is just what one wants.

Next up, Korea...

Comment

Another recommendation:

Brasserie Gallopin (directly opposite the Bourse metro in Paris) - no Michelin stars (but it does, I believe, have a bib rating in the Guide - good food at an equally good price) - nothing trendy here but just good old fashioned French food with good old fashioned service and settings. Unlike a lot of other places (AFAIK), this one stays opens on Sunday throughout the day which is why we struggled last month after the TOF SXB Do - complete with heavy luggage up and down the metro - from arriving at CDG to eat here and then straight back to CDG for our flight to London!
                              Just in case anyone else gets caught out, I'm told by a SQTalker who shall remain nameless that you shouldn't eat here and order the tandoori chicken despite what the waiter may say! You may regret it if you do!

Comment

• Just to update, Prima Taste has been closed its door in Vancouver. When I was at Changi, had chicken rice at the Kopi Tiam basement floor as well as at the food court in T3 departure area. But the quality seems had changed!

Comment

Working...
                                X