Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Now confirmed] SQ 1/2 downgauged to 777-300ER?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
    Yeah, you guys are right, down gauging means reduction in size, and this is the definition for any scenario. But, I feel that replacing the Boeing 747-400 is always downgrading, but this is just my personal opinion.
    My personal opinion is that if I am flying economy I will do everything in my power to avoid a 747....the economy sections in 777's have always been more comfortable to me....just my personal opinion again.

I would even consider flying ecnonomy in an a380 as the economy seats (particualarly upper deck) seem to be fairly comfortable as economy class travel goes these days.

ps..kinda like I would prefer to drive a modern car as opposed to a 1970's car.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcflyer View Post
      ...kinda like I would prefer to drive a modern car as opposed to a 1970's car.
      Extremely good analogy.
      HUGE AL

Comment

• I actually won't complain, but I liked the A380 idea, because of the seat config

3-4-3, just like 744. I'd actually prefer SQ1/2 to be an A380 on some days, and 744 on other days. Would that happen once the economy slowly improves?
        Last edited by SQfanatic; 11 January 2009, 12:08 PM. Reason: Felt like it

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          I'd actually prefer SQ1/2 to be an A380 on some days, and 744 on other days. Would that happen once the economy slowly improves?
          That might happen on a temporary basis until SQ receive another WhaleJet.

Comment

• When would they start doing that?

Seems odd, because they've DG'd to 77W from 747 already.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
              When would they start doing that?
              Perhaps when the economy recovers and demand picks up.

Comment

• As we're seeing, if loads are better on SQ2/1, maybe the 744 will return back to SFO. It's very likely since the 744 retirement is pushed to 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                  ... and like the 747-400 the best (even better than the future 747-8) in terms of physical apperance..
                  I completely agree that 747-400 is distinctively unique and has the best look (i found the a380 appearance to be rather boring )

Originally posted by dcflyer View Post
                  My personal opinion is that if I am flying economy I will do everything in my power to avoid a 747.
                  I agree, I found that most 747-400 economy seats has been outdated and is 'very basic' compared to the new-generation seats (eg 777-300ER). If however the prduct has been updated (including the overhead storage) just like in the case of CX or China Airlines, I would rather be indifferent (prob the level of noise is the only noticable difference).

For some reason I really hate a 3-4-3 config and rather stay with a 3-3-3 (777) or 2-4-2 (a330/340) as it feels less dense.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    Perhaps when the economy recovers and demand picks up.
                    Wow.. this post might yet prove prophetic.

I miss your insights

Comment

Working...
                    X