This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    Wilst I realise this is slightly OT, I believe it falls within the "best seats in the house" thread title Feel free to move to smalltalk if necessary!

Recently seen on the fabulous XKCD.com:

Are those usually available at OLCI or at booking? or are they PPS only seats ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      IIRC Row 81 on the A380 doesn't have overhead or side storage space. If you board late-ish (and behind the folks in Row 82), you'll have to stow your stuff a few rows away. IMO 81A is not worth the premium, unless you're desperate for leg space. The curvature of the fuselage feels like it takes away from your head space, and there is no window view to alleviate the feeling of being hemmed in.
      I read your reply (back when you posted it) and did my pros and cons list, and you are right...it's really not worth it. If it was like a barcalounger (in that a foot rest deployed from underneath the seat) that would be a different story, but having my feet "dangle" out in the open doesnt sound like a comfortable experience

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Wilst I realise this is slightly OT, I believe it falls within the "best seats in the house" thread title Feel free to move to smalltalk if necessary!

Recently seen on the fabulous XKCD.com:

Are those preferred seats?
      I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• My favorite B744 F seat

My favorite B744 F seat is now officially 2F. I recently flew 3 legs in F on a B747, and 2 of those were in 2F. On both flights, 2D was vacant. I asked for my bed to be made in 2D on those flights - no problems. So for the relative privacy, and chance of 2D being vacant, I will always try for 2F.

Comment

• Going with the bulkhead seating on the refubished 772A of 17AC and 773A of 12K, are there any weaknesses? For the 772A I will be traveling with my father, so legspace wont be an isssue but for the return its me alone, is it advisable i take another seat, or is this sufficient in terms of legspace?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            IIRC Row 81 on the A380 doesn't have overhead or side storage space. If you board late-ish (and behind the folks in Row 82), you'll have to stow your stuff a few rows away. IMO 81A is not worth the premium, unless you're desperate for leg space. The curvature of the fuselage feels like it takes away from your head space, and there is no window view to alleviate the feeling of being hemmed in.
            Yeah definitly agree with you here, I have sat in 81A x 2, 81H and 71k when I have flown on the A380 with SIA and the "window" seats you will feel a little cramped, I am 6'4 and the leg room is worth it but you have to duck everytime you have to get up which is frustrating.

81H is pretty good though imo, as would be 71C, 81C and 81H.

I have had to have my carry on stored in the business class lockers before as well.

Comment

• Which is the best seat in R class on the A380 and why? Need to book it before SQflyergirl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                Which is the best seat in R class on the A380 and why? Need to book it before SQflyergirl.
                My personal preference is still 3A / 3F because there are 3 windows in this suite whereas in the other window seats, you get only 2 windows.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  My personal preference is still 3A / 3F because there are 3 windows in this suite whereas in the other window seats, you get only 2 windows.
                  Two off the flights will be at night so won`t matter to much about an extra window, but would be nice for the other flights in the day time. Do you get much noise in this suite being near the baby bassinet suites?

2A / 2F show 3 windows on the seatmap is this not correct?

Have gone with 3F on day flights and 2F for night flights, but all suites are still free at the moment, so can easly change them. Are suite 1A /1F smaller than the other ones, because it looks it in the online seatmap picture. Thank you for your help feb01mel
                  Last edited by Singapore Sling; 16 June 2010, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• ## Please Assist ##

My boss is sending me to Hong Kong in Y (tight-arse boss ) next month. I am booked on SQ flying 77W for both flights. I have pre-selected seat 33K. I have heard that up the back row 53 or 54 A/K has good legroom because of the angle of aircraft. Is this true?? Should i change seats or stay put with 33K???

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                      Which is the best seat in R class on the A380 and why? Need to book it before SQflyergirl.
                      3F But you know, they're pretty much the same. I'd be a happy camper in any one of the 12. No need to rush. I ain't going anywhere anytime soon, and if i am, I pretty much doubt it's in R

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        3F But you know, they're pretty much the same. I'd be a happy camper in any one of the 12. No need to rush. I ain't going anywhere anytime soon, and if i am, I pretty much doubt it's in R
                        It is because of you that I am flying suites in the first place, After reading your trip report: Solo in Suites - Riding the A380 to MEL http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8708 Just had to give it ago, also if the plane crashes and I die, at lease I went in style.

I thought SQ would upgrade you to suites anyway, don`t they know who you are?

I have just read your trip report: The day I feared for my life http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9526 Glad to see you made it back safe and sound. Is that why you are not going anywhere soon? You still look good even with the mask on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ221 View Post
                          ## Please Assist ##

My boss is sending me to Hong Kong in Y (tight-arse boss ) next month. I am booked on SQ flying 77W for both flights. I have pre-selected seat 33K. I have heard that up the back row 53 or 54 A/K has good legroom because of the angle of aircraft. Is this true?? Should i change seats or stay put with 33K???

Thanks.
                          When going to HKG, one should get a seat as far forward as possible. HKG immigration queues can be horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            When going to HKG, one should get a seat as far forward as possible. HKG immigration queues can be horrible.
                            Yeah, fully agree. So better avoid an A380 if time factor is important as the A380 gate is far away from immigration & you need to take the train.

Not sure if everyone here knows, but if you are an Elite Gold or PPS, you can apply for the automated passport clearance so you do not need to queue during immigration. Just go through the automated gate with your passport & you will be done in seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                              Yeah, fully agree. So better avoid an A380 if time factor is important as the A380 gate is far away from immigration & you need to take the train.

Not sure if everyone here knows, but if you are an Elite Gold or PPS, you can apply for the automated passport clearance so you do not need to queue during immigration. Just go through the automated gate with your passport & you will be done in seconds.
                              Is this for HKG or SIN immigration?
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                                Is this for HKG or SIN immigration?
                                HKG Immigration.

Sorry for confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X