Comment

• SQ942 SIN-DPS June 2013

brunch SINGAPORE TO DENPASAR

Prelude
        Sliced fresh fruit

Main
        Braised egg noodles with seafood, black mushroom and Chinese greens

Nasi uduk
        Pandan flavored coconut rice with spicy fried chicken, grilled fish cake, fried egg and vegetable pickles

Parsley-brie cheese omelette with veal sausage, grilled tomato, sauteed mushroom and potatoes

Finale
        Chocolate mocca cake
        with valilla sauce

Breads
        Choice of bread rolls
        Butter-Fruit preserve

Beverages
        Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          [IMG]

SQ satay has got to be the best satay I've tried!

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
            You've got a lot to look forward to

Comment

• Not the least the satay on the airline based quite close to SIN

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                Well just like the good old myths that SQ Girls are robotic, BA is the world's favourite airline and someone on the planet actually knows what the best airport in the world is....another one is that 'Malaysia Airlines Satay is the best in the world'.

I don't subscribe to that one myself, the main reason being that Satay is so basic there is a finite amount of things you can actually do to it to make it better, or worse for that matter. It's Satay, for gods sake!.

I do believe SQ are taking the p*ss somewhat now serving Satay as a main course when it's been used as an appetiser for years, but that's just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I do believe SQ are taking the p*ss somewhat now serving Satay as a main course when it's been used as an appetiser for years, but that's just me.
                  When did THIS happen???
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    When did THIS happen???
                    May last year when they updated the BTC menu

Comment

I don't subscribe to that one myself, the main reason being that Satay is so basic there is a finite amount of things you can actually do to it to make it better, or worse for that matter. It's Satay, for gods sake!.
                      I don't think anyone was trying to say that MH satay is the best in the world, period - rather, at least speaking for myself, I was saying I had better satay on MH than SQ. More plump, more juicy and not so dried out - it's a start

Comment

I, for one, would disagree!

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                          I don't think anyone was trying to say that MH satay is the best in the world, period - rather, at least speaking for myself, I was saying I had better satay on MH than SQ. More plump, more juicy and not so dried out - it's a start
                          I didn't say you did, but others have!. Like I said though , it's Satay - what exactly can you do with it ?.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I, for one, would disagree!
                          Wait until you try the Satay in Bali.

Comment

• On my last week's travel on SQ62 SIN-IAH, the lamb loin on the DME-IAH sector was absolutely horrendous. There were 3 strips of lamb and they were as tough as beef jerky. Thankfully the satay appetizer uplifted from SIN saved the meal. I reported it to the IFS but DME being DME, I doubt SQ can do much about it unless they uplift all the food from SIN.

Comment

• SIN-DEL J Menu (SQ406, Aug 2013)

On SQ406, a 2am departure, they serve supper. Did not see too many folks eating, though. Most folks in J went straight to bed.

Breakfast on the inbound DEL-SIN return flight in the morning.

Martini (Gin, vermouth, olive...cabin crew actually asked how I wanted it done.)

When did they get rid of the bowls? No more debate about warmed/not warmed nuts then.

Superb main by chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Tender lamb, fluffy rice, and flavourful dhall. Only reinforces my perception that spicy cuisines like Indian food work great on flights.
                              Last edited by yflyer; 30 August 2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• SQ236 BNE-SIN August 2013

lunch menu BRISBANE TO SINGAPORE

Starter
                                Cos lettuce and marinated prawns
                                with grapefruit-orange segments and mint yoghurt dressing

Main
                                *Roast Berkshire pork chop with corn bread, shaved vegetables and coffee cider sauce

Seared beef fillet in madeira sauce, roasted vegetables and potato-leek mash

Ikan sambal
                                Fried fish with chilli sauce, stir fried spinach, braised jackfruits and steamed rice

Seared lamb cutlets with sautéed vegetables, kipfler potatoes and lemon rosemary jus

Finale
                                Choice of ice cream
                                Viennetta ice cream or rum-raisin ice cream with berries compote

Selection of cheeses
                                Cropwell stilton, surprise bay cheddar and buche blanc served with garnishes

A selection of fresh fruit

Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas, with pralines

refreshment menu BRISBANE TO SINGAPORE

To Nibble On
                                Warm Panini with smoked chicken
                                Served with cheese, Portobello mushroom and grilled vegetables

Stirfried seafood with vegetables, fried rice and black bean sauce

Finale
                                Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas

Comment

Working...
                                X