SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2006, 10:54 PM   #1
Singapore_Air
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 31-Oct-2006
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: AIRFRANCE/ Flying Blue - Gold, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub Silver, bmi Diamond Club Silver
Posts: 1,086
Default KrisFone Omitted From B77W

I was watching http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...t/ifevideo.jsp out of boredom and noticed in Economy Class that there is no obvious evidence of KrisFone.

Anyone notice / seen of the same?
Singapore_Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 03:35 PM   #2
Lobster
SQTalk Founder
 
Lobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-Nov-2006
Location: A long way from home
Programs: SQ,BA,LH,EK,VS
Posts: 1,512
Default

Please say that this does not mean that they are planning to allow mobile phones on their flights. .
Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 03:37 PM   #3
globetrekker84
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
globetrekker84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-Nov-2006
Location: The City of Stars
Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, etc.
Posts: 1,040
Default

How can you tell it's not on the back of the handset, like always?
globetrekker84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 09:30 PM   #4
Singapore_Air
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 31-Oct-2006
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: AIRFRANCE/ Flying Blue - Gold, Virgin Atlantic FlyingClub Silver, bmi Diamond Club Silver
Posts: 1,086
Default

If you watch the video, the back of the handset looks like the keyboard, well, it is the keyboard.

There was also no obvious sign of credit card swipe slot.
Singapore_Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 02:33 PM   #5
LightSpeed
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
LightSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-Dec-2006
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ G, NW G
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air View Post
I was watching http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...t/ifevideo.jsp out of boredom and noticed in Economy Class that there is no obvious evidence of KrisFone.

Anyone notice / seen of the same?
Now that you mention it, yeah - it does look like an omission. Unless they've got some application on the in-seat StarOffice suite that now handles the calling??

I've never really used that phone option. Does anyone??
LightSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 02:57 PM   #6
globetrekker84
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
globetrekker84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-Nov-2006
Location: The City of Stars
Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, etc.
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air View Post
If you watch the video, the back of the handset looks like the keyboard, well, it is the keyboard.

There was also no obvious sign of credit card swipe slot.
Then why is this guy using a full-sized keyboard?


Seems silly to have a mini-keyboard and a full-sized keyboard, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightSpeed View Post
Now that you mention it, yeah - it does look like an omission. Unless they've got some application on the in-seat StarOffice suite that now handles the calling??

I've never really used that phone option. Does anyone??
I sure don't. I prefer to travel in anonymity.
globetrekker84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 06:03 PM   #7
jhm
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
Join Date: 02-Nov-2006
Location: London
Posts: 4,542
Default

There is a mini-keyboard built into the handset - I saw it during the PPS product demo in London.

You can also plug in a full sized keyboard into the USB slot if you have one handy in your hand luggage (!). Perhaps SQ will also have a few to lend out ?

Plugging in a full sized keyboard will be a problem in Y since, I believe, those seats only have one USB slot but you also need to plug in a USB memory device.
jhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 08:06 PM   #8
simong
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
simong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-Nov-2006
Location: Sydney,Australia
Programs: KF Elite Gold
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
You can also plug in a full sized keyboard into the USB slot if you have one handy in your hand luggage (!). Perhaps SQ will also have a few to lend out ?

Plugging in a full sized keyboard will be a problem in Y since, I believe, those seats only have one USB slot but you also need to plug in a USB memory device.
As long as your keyboard has a USB hub you should be fine, and I would assume the SQ loaners would be like this...
simong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 01:23 PM   #9
UMD
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
UMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-Dec-2006
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ-TPP, GA-Plat
Posts: 1,531
Default

On the back side of the handset, there are keyboard keys and the 2 phone keys (1 green and 1 red) which on the standard handset located next to the home button and on the premium handset (the black color handset) located next to the option button in the same row as the Space Bar.
UMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 01:47 PM   #10
CGK
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2
 
Join Date: 31-Oct-2006
Programs: Taking a leave
Posts: 3,060
Default

Note: Administrator, if this post is not appropriate, please delete


When I had problem with my IFE on SQ333, I asked the mechanic/technician from Panasonic. He said that Krisfone is installed, but not functioning yet. Perhaps I had too much to drink, but I only remembered something like using the keyboard as well as the screen, and the credit card slider is somewhere... (Too much Piper... )
CGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 02:06 PM   #11
globetrekker84
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
globetrekker84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18-Nov-2006
Location: The City of Stars
Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, etc.
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
Note: Administrator, if this post is not appropriate, please delete


When I had problem with my IFE on SQ333, I asked the mechanic/technician from Panasonic. He said that Krisfone is installed, but not functioning yet. Perhaps I had too much to drink, but I only remembered something like using the keyboard as well as the screen, and the credit card slider is somewhere... (Too much Piper... )
It can't be on the handset, can it? SQFG's pics seems to show an absence of it: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...58&postcount=3
globetrekker84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 02:36 PM   #12
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder
 
SQflyergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 31-Oct-2006
Location: Suburbia
Programs: Kali inilah!
Posts: 6,734
Default

Let's put it this way - I saw no evidence of Krisfone anywhere
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 09:54 PM   #13
AndrewSQ011
SQTalk PPS Club
 
AndrewSQ011's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-Dec-2006
Location: KBUR/KLAX
Posts: 262
Send a message via AIM to AndrewSQ011 Send a message via MSN to AndrewSQ011
Default

Same here, I don't see any evidence of the Krisfone
__________________
"Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines
AndrewSQ011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 01:17 AM   #14
mec
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
mec's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-Dec-2006
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
Same here, I don't see any evidence of the Krisfone


I have a pix here that says otherwise

However, I cannot seem to get it posted up

Can anyone tell me how to post a pix up?

Last edited by mec; 16th December 2006 at 01:25 AM..
mec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 01:21 AM   #15
jjpb3
SQTalk Founder
 
Join Date: 01-Nov-2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechinois View Post
Can anyone tell me how to post a pix up?
Advice from our IT Guru LukeGT can be found in this thread.
jjpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redemption for A380/B77W flights 9V-SGA KrisFlyer & PPS Club 16 3rd December 2009 07:17 PM
Is the B77W economy class headrest too hard? vincent0720 All About Singapore Airlines 5 22nd December 2007 09:10 PM
B77W bulkhead IFE screen StarG All About Singapore Airlines 12 17th March 2007 09:02 PM
B77W: SIN-HKG (SQ 862) YK@HKG Trip Reports 18 1st February 2007 09:04 PM
SQ B77W in BusinessWeek StarG All About Singapore Airlines 2 7th January 2007 05:04 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net