A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LeisureFlyer View Post
    I recently had some flights in Y 380 upper deck (SIN-AKL return) and I had a window seat. I think these are the best Y seats in the sky. There is a storage compartment next to the seat. Frankly I don't care about the storage but it gives you additional space (you can comfortably put your arm on it). I like the small section and 2-4-2 configuration as well. Definitely better than the A350 seats and it was even more silent than the A350 cabin. I don't know whether that is the case for the main deck. Unfortunately it's becoming rare to get an Y seat upper deck.
    PS. I want to insert a picture in this reply, but can't find how. Any tips?
    You have to publish the photo in another site, e.g. Photobucket, Flickr, and then put a link to it on here.

Yes, upper deck Y window seats are amazing. I managed to get one on SQ217 in July this year and it's the first time I've been looking forward to SQ217 for ages.

Comment

• Okay thanks, it doesn't work with FB, I'll leave it
      Last edited by LeisureFlyer; 13 April 2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Potential leak of sq new a380 layout

6R and 78J on upper deck

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-layout-leaked

https://www.ausbt.com.au/files/SQ-A380-lopa3.pdf

Seems like J is an in between of the current 60 / 86 seats. I wonder the count on PEY and Y. With PEY being at the front it's be quite a good experience. My only gripe is now in J we have to wait for R to clear unlike current simultaneous (sorry first world problem)
        Last edited by alian; 14 April 2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• There's chatter going around that SQ may re-deploy 77Ws to CDG instead of A380s starting winter this year due to poor loads. Heard the average load on the route was only around 200+.

Not sure whether this will really happen but if it does, it'll probably bring significant changes to the A380 fleet. Perhaps the start of a cabin refit for the superjumbos?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
            There's chatter going around that SQ may re-deploy 77Ws to CDG instead of A380s starting winter this year due to poor loads. Heard the average load on the route was only around 200+.
            I tend to find it rather more difficult (than LHR or FRA) to get even a waistlist on both Savers/Standard in J for CDG though. Normally the website just returns back to homepage and says no flights available at all.

But I guess that's not reflective of actual, cash-paying loads. In fact if it's mostly redemptions then that makes the yield even worse!

Ironically in J and Y, the 77W will be an upgrade. Only Suites passengers will suffer a sort-of downgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
              There's chatter going around that SQ may re-deploy 77Ws to CDG instead of A380s starting winter this year due to poor loads. Heard the average load on the route was only around 200+.

Not sure whether this will really happen but if it does, it'll probably bring significant changes to the A380 fleet. Perhaps the start of a cabin refit for the superjumbos?
              With the new AF agreement I wouldn't be too sure of these happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                With the new AF agreement I wouldn't be too sure of these happening.
                I'd agree. I've never been offered a lower fare to CDG than other Euro cities. If any A380 destination consistently offers me a lower fare, it's ZRH. I think they could swing more codeshare passengers off LX's network onto LH's MUC network, soak up the space on daily MUC (assuming it exists post-MAN decoupling) and then downgauge ZRH to 77W.

Having said that, I've never seen many empty Y seats on ZRH flights, but then I usually fly there during peak season. They could add second flights on select days as they once used to, even utilising A350s if need be. The A380's greatest constraint is its 'one size fits all' necessity.

Comment

• The link (now dead):

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...Fleet/test.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                    Potential leak of sq new a380 layout

6R and 78J on upper deck

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-layout-leaked

https://www.ausbt.com.au/files/SQ-A380-lopa3.pdf

Seems like J is an in between of the current 60 / 86 seats. I wonder the count on PEY and Y. With PEY being at the front it's be quite a good experience. My only gripe is now in J we have to wait for R to clear unlike current simultaneous (sorry first world problem)

walao... no more double bed leh...

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                      walao... no more double bed leh...
                      Oh, boy. You are wrong. Wait till SQ pulls back the curtain...

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        I agree I think they'll do something better than ethiad Thr space is a lot so a lot of options my only concern is redemptions will be poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          Can...

Comment

• Apparently 9V-SKJ has been repainted into standard colours now.

9V-SKI will follow suit within next month or so.
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                              Apparently 9V-SKJ has been repainted into standard colours now.

9V-SKI will follow suit within next month or so.
                              That's so sad to hear! The were the only ones that really added variety to the fleet (not counting the star alliance livery). I thought they were permanently planning on keeping it after taking off the SG50 logo?

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                                Apparently SQ responded on Twitter that it is going there for maintenance.
                                Kilo-Papa is still not yet airborne since it last flew into AUH. Hmmm.... wonder if something is up and coming to catch us offguard, pleasantly surprised for its 70th Anniversary come May 1st.

Comment

Working...
                                X