A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    4 windows and 2 windows in Zone A is the strongest hint so far that we will six First Class Suites (2 windows each Suite). They are replacing the current 20 J seats but if they move galleys a bit, the might be able to still install 74 J seats.

On the main deck, looking at LH (http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1511678526.pdf) who installs 52 Premium Economy seats and 371 Economy seats, I don't see SQ only installing 45 plus 345.
    LH managed to squeeze one extra row of PEY, and much more rows between main deck door 3 and door 4 due to different cabin config especially to the cabin lav and galley

Comment

• Apologies if this has been posted previously:

"Airbus wants airlines to put first class on the A380's upper deck"

https://www.ausbt.com.au/airbus-want...0-s-upper-deck

Comment

• Originally posted by Concorde View Post
        Apologies if this has been posted previously:

"Airbus wants airlines to put first class on the A380's upper deck"

https://www.ausbt.com.au/airbus-want...0-s-upper-deck
        Airbus is riding a dead horse here. Most airlines understand that by putting First on the Upper Deck (and downsizing First in total seats offered), they can unlock some potential for other, higher yielding seats.

Etihad, Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa and Thai already have First up there, SQ is following. I think Air France will also follow as they have to refurbish First and Business on their A380 fleet.

Comment

• Since the layout of the seats is going to be drastically different does anyone think SQ will refurbish its newer A380s (SKF and onwards)? Although we haven't had any recent news about the first batch of A380s (SKA- SKE) I think we can assume that they won't be around much longer, especially with the recent 777-9X order. I was thinking that if they refurbished the remaining A380s then they could carry on with the newest product for 6-7 years before progressively being replaced by the incoming 777-9X starring in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEK A380 View Post
            Since the layout of the seats is going to be drastically different does anyone think SQ will refurbish its newer A380s (SKF and onwards)? Although we haven't had any recent news about the first batch of A380s (SKA- SKE) I think we can assume that they won't be around much longer, especially with the recent 777-9X order. I was thinking that if they refurbished the remaining A380s then they could carry on with the newest product for 6-7 years before progressively being replaced by the incoming 777-9X starring in 2022.
            This article https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...ts-for-2017-18 suggests they would be refitting the current A380s. I remember reading somewhere that the 5 yet to join the fleet might just replace the 5 oldest ones (SKA-SKE) rather than increasing the fleet size. If this is the case we might end up with one single 2018 configuration across the A380 fleet in time.

Comment

• SQ owns 10 A380 and leases 9. I would think that they will refurbish only the ones they own so with the five new one there will be 15 A380 at some point in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEK A380 View Post
                Since the layout of the seats is going to be drastically different does anyone think SQ will refurbish its newer A380s (SKF and onwards)? Although we haven't had any recent news about the first batch of A380s (SKA- SKE) I think we can assume that they won't be around much longer, especially with the recent 777-9X order. I was thinking that if they refurbished the remaining A380s then they could carry on with the newest product for 6-7 years before progressively being replaced by the incoming 777-9X starring in 2022.
                The five new A380s are mostly seen as replacements for SKA-E. Increasing the size of the A380 fleet hasn't been mentioned much.

On another point, if the market is bad for selling 15 year-old 777s, just think what the A380 market will be like when EK's massive fleet needs to eventually shed a few...

Comment

• I wouldn't want to be the CEO of EK when it comes to fleet transition time......

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    just think what the A380 market will be like when EK's massive fleet needs to eventually shed a few...
                    MH couldn't sell the small number they had...

Comment

• A bit late, but Singapore Airlines' A380 #20 (9V-SKU) has already done its first flight on 17MAR17.

It was ferried TLS-XFW on 23MAR17 for cabin fittings.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------
                      Meanwhile, #21 (9V-SKV) is currently in the Final Assembly Line (FAL) at TLS.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• 9V-SKA scheduled to head out for an A/T this afternoon (05APR17) as SQ8898.

Scheduled 1500-1700 tentatively.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          9V-SKA scheduled to head out for an A/T this afternoon (05APR17) as SQ8898.

A/T is now cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            9V-SKA scheduled to head out for an A/T this afternoon (05APR17) as SQ8898.

Is it being returned already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                              Is it being returned already?
                              Her lease is set to expire in October 2017, so some months still left in her with SQ.

The A/T ended up taking place. But a really short one.

DEP: 1854
                              ARR: 1906

Hmm, wonder if she bears a #SQ70Years scheme or is that wishful thinking?

She hasn't flown since 13MAR17 (as SQ807 from PEK) prior to today.

Comment

• 9V-SKP was flown SIN-AUH as SQ8898 today (09APR17). Anybody knows why?

Comment

Working...
                                X