Shanghai Airlines Lounge PVG Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai Airlines Lounge PVG Review

As the contract lounge for many many major airlines, LH, LX, SQ, Virgin etc. the Shanghai Airlines lounge at T2 PVG is a disgrace. Barely any food and only some drinks.

One saving grace: you can get hot noodles from a little hole in the wall. When you come up the escalator, it's on your left. Not nearly enough to fill you up but at least it's warm.

To be honest the only good thing about that lounge is that you have a place to sit and not have to congregate with everyone before the flight, and the lounge is usually quite close to your boarding gate.

P.S. A little birdy told me that when SQ switched to T2, they weren't allowed to have their own lounge because of the MU deal falling through. Don't know how true that is but either way, very disappointing.

Agreed. It's awful, even in F section. I don't even bother to enter. Recall they only have some cold sandwiches and bite size cakes, that's all. I think it's the passenger volume on F/J for the Shanghai <-> SIN route does not justify SQ having it's own lounge.

Comment

Strongly agree as well...hated it..I stayed for 20 mins only then zoom off to walk else where...

The food was mainly cold, & only when I wanted to leave then I know there is a small little corner (plus the hole) where you can get hot noodles. Recalled they open from 4pm onwards.

Comment

Tot it was lousy..but its quite good... went there on 19/4:

Pics here:
        http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=1ef4107d0c

Comment

I will have a 8 hour connection coming in from YVR/SFO connecting to SIN soon, is it better to stay in teh lounge or to leave the airport and see the city

Comment

A trip into town is far better than 8 hours in this lounge. The Maglev is an experience in itself and i'd rather spend time in one of the Pudong hotel bars. The only other point that hasn't been noted is the lounge showers - they have the weakest water pressure of any airport shower I have yet to come across. And the towel they supplied was rag-like thin. It was vile.

Oh and if you plan on trying to sleep, they announce every flight; count on one annoucement every two minutes.

Aesthetically though it's quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
              I will have a 8 hour connection coming in from YVR/SFO connecting to SIN soon, is it better to stay in teh lounge or to leave the airport and see the city
              This 8 hours is in the night or day? SH's nightlife is just spectacular now. And depending on when you're there you may be able to catch some of the sights of the World Expo which has been trumpeted the world over.

Sidenote: What do you guys think of the SG pavilion, impressive or ?? Will be missing it coz won't be able to go to Shanghai at least till next year

Comment

Just checked my schedule and I come into PVG at 1745 and depart for Singapore 0010, so its not 8, more like 7 hours, and not so much night time

Comment

Working...
                X