Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trooper
    replied
    I do quite a bit of domestic flying on both US and UA (and look forward to using CO more now they are *A!) and have found both to be quite good in providing all published *Gold entitlements... (I'm G through NZ)

Comes in handy particularly with Premium check ins and baggage.....

Yes, the lounges are not up to the standard many of us are used to in other places... but IMO they beat the hell out of the gate area!

Leave a comment:

• sudsoz
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    C'mon now, how can UA grant access to a nonexistent lounge? I guess you missed my post (post 11). A little bit of internet research isn't that onerous, you know:

http://www.united.com/page/article/1...e=rccLocations
    I apologise - there is actually not even a Red Carpet in SLC but when I asked at Check-in about a lounge the gal seemed to indicate that there was one but I did not have access.

Leave a comment:

• dan1431
    replied
    DELETED AND MOVED TO A MORE RELEVANT THREAD!

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION!

Dan
    Last edited by dan1431; 6 November 2009, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
    I'm probably pushing it, but are there any other available lounges in LAX besides Red Carpet that are open to *Gold when travelling domestic on United? I guess the international terminal is out of the radar?
    If you are starting from LAX then no. If you fly into LAX same day then you might have access to other lounges (eg AC arrives airside in T2 thus access to NZ or AC lounges there before you switch terminals, similarly US in T1).

Leave a comment:

• SQ Queen
    replied
    Generalizations are always risky when you haven't done the research.

Sweet dreams.
    Thanks for the link - much appreciated! And nah.. it isn't so difficult as I will discover when I am more lucid

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Yup... was busy drafting my reply so did not see your earlier post - anyway, it's 2:30am here and really not going all out to find out if SLC has a lounge when I am not even going there- so the tendency is to take fellow flyers word for it... cheers!
    Generalizations are always risky when you haven't done the research.

Sweet dreams.

Leave a comment:

• SQ Queen
    replied
    C'mon now, how can UA grant access to a nonexistent lounge? I guess you missed my post (post 11). A little bit of internet research isn't that onerous, you know:

Yup... was busy drafting my reply so did not see your earlier post - anyway, it's 2:30am here and really not going all out to find out if SLC has a lounge when I am not even going there- so the tendency is to take fellow flyers word for it... cheers!

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Well, the salt lake city "no access" mentioned above - but whether there is any lounge at all I have no clue!

Leave a comment:

• SQ Queen
    replied
    In what way ???
    Well, the salt lake city "no access" mentioned above - but whether there is any lounge at all I have no clue!

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    It appears that the entry policy to the Red Carpet Clubs can be a little inconsistent...
    In what way ???

Leave a comment:

• SQ Queen
    replied
    Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
    The Red Carpet Clubs have bad coffee, muffins and some reading matter. They have phones that will not even let you use an independent dial-up service.

You are often better to use a convenient restaurant and many US airports have a wireless service you can pay for.
    Appreciate all your resphttp://www.sqtalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=107010onses thus far!

It appears that the entry policy to the Red Carpet Clubs can be a little inconsistent... You are right in that a restaurant can sometimes offer a better ambience but I guess no harm in checking out the lounge first

The domestic sectors will be LAX, MCO & ORD.

I'm probably pushing it, but are there any other available lounges in LAX besides Red Carpet that are open to *Gold when travelling domestic on United? I guess the international terminal is out of the radar?

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
    I am SQ Krisflyer Gold and was in Salt Lake City early this year. They let me check in at Business Class and no problems with baggage but NO lounge access.
    But, is there a *G lounge in Salt Lake City?

Leave a comment:

• sudsoz
    replied
    I am SQ Krisflyer Gold and was in Salt Lake City early this year. They let me check in at Business Class and no problems with baggage but NO lounge access. When I flew to SLC a few days before from LAX I did not bother with the lounge because I know it is the pits.

The Red Carpet Clubs have bad coffee, muffins and some reading matter. They have phones that will not even let you use an independent dial-up service.

You are often better to use a convenient restaurant and many US airports have a wireless service you can pay for.

Leave a comment:

• fone
    replied
    Yes. 3 free at 70 lbs max each.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52649,00.html

Leave a comment:

• SQ Queen
    replied
    3 Baggage Check-In Fee Waiver?

Originally posted by fone View Post
    There will be no free internet either, unless the dates correspond to the dates you are travelling internationally, you will not be able to get the free wifi card as well as the 2 drink chits for the alcoholic drinks.

Thanks for the heads up. Just wanna confirm if my Star Alliance Gold status (SQ Krisflyer Gold) enables me to check in 3 bags FOC on United domestic flights (not connecting to any international routes) when I am flying economy..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X