[LHR T1] Which *A Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LHR T1] Which *A Lounge

travelling from LHR T1 shortly on SAA in C class...

As a *A G, which lounge would you guys reccomend ?
    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

I enjoyed BMI's No. 1 Heathrow the most, very stylish and relaxing atomsphere I thought. Runway views is a bonus. It's a bit of walk in the dreadful lay-out of what is after all Heathrow T1, despite the recent facelift. Poor food selection when I was there early morning, only cereal, toast and pastries. Check out some of the pictures on BMI site: http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/the-...-heathrow.aspx
    Slumberettes, showers and computers available.

The Star Alliance lounge was ok, but very crowded in my experience as all the *A carriers try to send their pax to this one. Better breakfast in *A lounge, I liked the bacon rolls. Oh, and there are no views at all here, feels a bit like a bunker (even though it's not under ground). Lounge is easy to find, and probably closer to your gate than BMI.

Your C boarding pass will get you into both, though the SAA check-in will probably issue *A lounge invite.

Enjoy!

Comment

LHR T1 Star Alliance Lounge

It's basically located where BA Lounge was before BA moved out from T1. It's near Tumi store.
      Shower facility is available. It's basically the old BA shower. I am sure many of you remember the shower room decor here.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 10 November 2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I really didn't like the (lack of) ambience in the Star Alliance Lounge; I don't know if it was just the time of day (late morning) that I was there but the place felt a bit dispiriting.

The BD lounge is a pretty long walk away from the Star Alliance Lounge (and from the departure gates for most *A flights). Unfortunately the lounge was having a fire drill when I tried to visit. I'll give it another try soon.
        Last edited by jjpb3; 9 November 2009, 07:41 PM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Unfortunately the lounge was having a fire drill when I tried to visit. I'll give it another try soon.
          Fire drill equals to fire men. You were so fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Fire drill equals to fire men. You were so fortunate.
            There are fire girls too these days

Comment

I went to the BD lounge a couple of months ago. It is a fairly decent lounge but its location is awful. It has good views over the airport so for those you like me who like to sit and watch the planes it is good. The food offerings were fairly limited. I was hoping to have a decent lunch as I knew I would not have the time for anything at my destination a cheese sandwich was the best I could do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                I went to the BD lounge a couple of months ago. It is a fairly decent lounge but its location is awful. It has good views over the airport so for those you like me who like to sit and watch the planes it is good. The food offerings were fairly limited. I was hoping to have a decent lunch as I knew I would not have the time for anything at my destination a cheese sandwich was the best I could do.

Does anyone know if you can use the BMI Lounge for domestic flights in t1? I know you can use the diamond club one but often I use the *G lounge...would love to try the BD one though.

Cheers
                Clowesy

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                  Does anyone know if you can use the BMI Lounge for domestic flights in t1? I know you can use the diamond club one but often I use the *G lounge...would love to try the BD one though.

Cheers
                  Clowesy
                  You can't use their new lounge called number 1. Just the *A lounge and the old BD DC lounge, which is now ground floor only as they have closed upstairs.

Comment

Working...
                  X