[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
    The rules aren't very clear - whoever drafted them should be shot.
    Indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Looks like they are expecting a backlash...

Please allow me to inform you that the following passengers will be invited to access The Private Room (TPR) inside the Silver Kris Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 3:

• Passengers holding First Class ticket traveling Suite/First Class on all flights from Terminal 3
      • Passengers holding mixed class ticket traveling to Singapore on Economy/Business Class but departing Singapore on First Class.
      • Passengers holding SQ round-the-world ticket with flights departing Singapore on First Class.
      • Passengers holding non-SQ round the world ticket with flights departing Singapore on First Class.
      • Passengers holding First Class codeshare ticket with flights departing from Singapore operated by SQ

Regrettably, as of the moment, passengers who upgraded to First Class using
      miles or those holding First Class redemption tickets are not eligible to access the lounge.

Nonetheless, the situation will be closely monitored and reviews will be conducted after the first few months of operation, in order to determine whether additional group of passengers will be granted access to the TPR.
      Thank you MAN Flyer for posting.

• Passengers holding non-SQ round the world ticket with flights departing Singapore on First Class.

*A RTW, and if you take any *A non-SQ departing from SIN, such as UA, then F pax allow to enter TPR? I thought the "idea" was exclusively for the Suites and First Class Singapore Airlines Boarding Pass holder only. And I do remember being told about long-haul SQ only, aka 5 hours minimum flight time...

Comment

• In general, the whole brew ha ha of SKL at T3 should be as a result of the research and development department. I was told that they sent people to experience all the best lounges in the world. I don't even know how they could miss LH First Class Terminal idea (yeah those bath tubs with rubber duckies ). Or the concept at Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. Even Concorde Room and Molton Brown Spa @ LHR T4 perhaps were over looked.
        Oh, may be the R&D wanted to save money, so they sent them all over the world in Y, or using industry F fares which not get lounge access...

Comment

• Maybe I should get a job at SQ and do wonders for the FF community?

Comment

• Hi,
            I plan to visit TPR this evening...Anyone else going there tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              In general, the whole brew ha ha of SKL at T3 should be as a result of the research and development department. I was told that they sent people to experience all the best lounges in the world. I don't even know how they could miss LH First Class Terminal idea (yeah those bath tubs with rubber duckies ). Or the concept at Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. Even Concorde Room and Molton Brown Spa @ LHR T4 perhaps were over looked.
              Oh, may be the R&D wanted to save money, so they sent them all over the world in Y, or using industry F fares which not get lounge access...
              Maybe they just looked at F lounges in USA

They should have gotten some of us to tell them what works and what doesn't in top class lounges. Between us we've been to almost all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPPS flyer View Post
                Hi,
                I plan to visit TPR this evening...Anyone else going there tonight?
                Welcome to SQTalk.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Maybe they just looked at F lounges in USA

They should have gotten some of us to tell them what works and what doesn't in top class lounges. Between us we've been to almost all of them.
                One time I mentioned about tubs in FRA FCT or FCL. One of SKL management staff said why would a pax want to be in the tub? Shower is enough. My answer was when I arrive in FRA from SIN early am, before my flight to the US/Canada, having a bath in a tub is heavenly refreshing. Perhaps the management has made a poll among SQ premium pax, and the majority of SQ flyers do not like to take a bath before flight.

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome SQ LPP. Look very much forward to discussing/ obtaining feedback re SQ related topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPPS flyer View Post
                    Thanks for the warm welcome SQ LPP. Look very much forward to discussing/ obtaining feedback re SQ related topics.
                    You are very welcome. Now, which feedback and which topics?

Comment

• Well,
                      Will provide my feedback on TPR as soon as I can. Will post a query in the PPS thread. Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                        By the way, there are separate lounge agents stationed outside The Private Room, in side the SKL F, to usher entitled pax in?
                        There are separate lounge agents. The weird thing is that one of them was a lady who was dressed as if she had just come out of preparing a family dinner in her kitchen. Not stylish at all.... I guess that is what you call a lounge ... matron???

Comment

• SQ, you ought to at least create something really fab THEN restrict the access.
                          *yawn*

It is not hard really - just send someone to visit those world class First lounges (and some Business ) mentioned by the previous posters. You'll learn a thing or two.

Comment

• Access to TPR for award F Pax

Well,...mrs nickbot and I have visited TPR and naturally we have photo evidence...

First view, from the entrance of TPR

Looking back towards the entrance

Dining area

And finally, a glimpse of the all important tarmac view

Comment

• YAY!!!! so glad you and mrs. nickbot got to experience true "exclusivity." hope you both have a wonderful flight. great seeing you both this morning!

Comment

• Mr & Mrs Nickbot, hope you had a wonderful experience from the check-in till you arrive back in London Heathrow tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better. I have seen couples of pictures. Both of you seems having great times. Yeah you guys checked-in with the same guy I checked-in couple of times at Changi. And yes, both of you went through the fast track!
                                Thank you for the photos. Hope you will post more later.
                                And I do apologize can not be with you two in your flight. But at least you will remember me (on the flight) from something that the IFS has told you while you were sipping your Krug.
                                Last edited by SQ LPP; 6 July 2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X