No announcement yet.

[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am waiting for the answer from the enquiry that I sent today. MAN Flyer, perhaps you could do the same with your contact in MAN?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
      I confirm what SQ LPP said.... no access to Private Room for anyone but passengers on PAID F or R tickets.
      Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
      And NO GUEST allowed!!!!

Thanks for the info DFP.

Such SQ exclusivity my *rse.

Comment

• Second class "First" class pax. The thin end of the wedge ?

The F check-in area and F priority boarding is getting too busy so...

Meal service in F is getting a bit slow with the full cabins so...

Move exclusive indeed!
        Last edited by jhm; 3 July 2008, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          That, is absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

So, we've got a bloody awful F lounge, and when they finally open what might be a half decent lounge, they ban TPP's, award bookings and upgrades, even if they are in First.

What on earth will they come up with next ?.
          Maybe......
          - NO pajamas for award F
          - NO amenities for award F
          - NO Krug / DP for award F
          - C Class meal for award F

The list continues....

Someone at SQ must be thinking he is doing SQ a great favor by continuing to outcast more of its QPPs and TPPs. It is very sad if SQ continues to believe that this is a good strategy for the company.

SQ treatment to all of its loyal passengers is now Simply Questionable.

Comment

That, is absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

So, we've got a bloody awful F lounge, and when they finally open what might be a half decent lounge, they ban TPP's, award bookings and upgrades, even if they are in First.

What on earth will they come up with next ?.
            I will hazard a guess: Next, it will be paid F passengers not getting access to TPR if they are flying to ASEAN countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Second class "First" class pax. The thin end of the wedge ?
              Yes, of course now we'll have this emblazoned in Large Font on the BP

"Second Class First Class" pax... maybe a shade of Faded Burgundy instead.

Who knows, maybe they'll just use recycled ones and cross out all the old data and put handwritten info on it instead.

Comment

• To take an extreme example, it seems that a LPP who's paid an exorbitant amount of KF miles (collected through years of travel on SQ) for (say) a 77W F tix to Europe doesn't get access to TPR but a first time flyer with a relatively cheap paid F tix to BKK does get access ?

Another illustration of the fact that SQ's intense focus is now on "show us the cash now" rather than taking account of any past customer loyalty/spending.
                Last edited by jhm; 3 July 2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  rather than taking account of any past customer loyalty/spending.
                  And hoping the past customers have short goldfish memories....

Now... what was i saying?........

Now... what was i saying?....

Comment

• Indeed, and when the downturn really begins to bite (as it unfortunately will it seems...), all these customers will no doubt have warm fuzzy memories of how well they were treated during the good times...

Comment

• The rules

Looks like they are expecting a backlash...

Please allow me to inform you that the following passengers will be invited to access The Private Room (TPR) inside the Silver Kris Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 3:

• Passengers holding First Class ticket traveling Suite/First Class on all flights from Terminal 3
                      • Passengers holding mixed class ticket traveling to Singapore on Economy/Business Class but departing Singapore on First Class.
                      • Passengers holding SQ round-the-world ticket with flights departing Singapore on First Class.
                      • Passengers holding non-SQ round the world ticket with flights departing Singapore on First Class.
                      • Passengers holding First Class codeshare ticket with flights departing from Singapore operated by SQ

Regrettably, as of the moment, passengers who upgraded to First Class using
                      miles or those holding First Class redemption tickets are not eligible to access the lounge.

Nonetheless, the situation will be closely monitored and reviews will be conducted after the first few months of operation, in order to determine whether additional group of passengers will be granted access to the TPR.

Comment

• The rules aren't very clear - whoever drafted them should be shot.

Originally posted by SQ
                        Please allow me to inform you that the following passengers will be invited to access The Private Room (TPR) inside the Silver Kris Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 3:

• Passengers holding First Class ticket traveling Suite/First Class on all flights from Terminal 3
                        • Passengers holding mixed class ticket traveling to Singapore on Economy/Business Class but departing Singapore on First Class.
                        It doesn't say it applies only to SQ flights. Are flights operated by other *A airlines eligible ?

How is the second rule different from the first ? The only difference I can see is that the second rule also seems to also include someone taking a SQ F flight from T2 but that doesn't seem to make sense.

Edit: at least, they haven't used the "exclusivity" BS which they tried to spin to everyone when they cut down the PPS programme!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ
                          Nonetheless, the situation will be closely monitored and reviews will be conducted after the first few months of operation, in order to determine whether additional group of passengers will be granted access to the TPR.
                          This could either mean what it says or after the first few months (when we'll tell people who complain that it's still under review), we'll quietly keep the rules as they are.

Comment

• Passengers holding non-SQ round the world ticket with flights departing Singapore on First Class.
                            Huh, doesn't actually state that one needs to depart on SQ...
                            This could mean that I could enter the TPR if I fly, say, Qantas out of SIN on a oneworld Explorer so long as I'm flying in First Class?
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              This could mean that I could enter the TPR if I fly, say, Qantas out of SIN on a oneworld Explorer so long as I'm flying in First Class?
                              No, because to get to TPR, you have to be able to enter the SKL F first.

Comment

• Why would someone redeem a ticket in F only not to receive treatment F passengers are supposed to be entitled to? I guess C class redemptions would be much Value-for-Miles in future.

By the way, there are separate lounge agents stationed outside The Private Room, in side the SKL F, to usher entitled pax in?

Comment

Working...
                                X