No announcement yet.

[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks yiserexoica! great pics! but one question that sort of goes along with the krug/dom thing, is their even a bar in TPR? Although this lounge may not be the best in the world, it certainly looks nice, and as jhm noted, it will serve its purpose well.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Agreed! Roti prata for breakfast, accompanied by teh tarik, out in Tampines, is a signature Singapore experience for me. (Blame my brother for the specificity. )
    Prata? *drool* But you don't even have to go to Tampines for great roti prata. Maxwell Masala in the basement makes a good prata (but the curry's just decent). Come out to Pasir Ris for the best. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Complete that with the spicy, but not too salty curry......heaven
    Last edited by sqforever; 2 July 2008, 02:18 PM. Reason: hit space bar too many times
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Did you guys notice that some of the seats are shaped similar to SkySuites and A380 Suite's?
      So true.

I thought it was just my nostalgia.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        But nobody has answered the REAL question here: Is there Krug and Dom???
        Originally posted by sqforever View Post
        but one question that sort of goes along with the krug/dom thing, is their even a bar in TPR?
        I don't think there was originally a seperate bar, so unless they have created one with all the work that has been going on recently, the only one is in the current SKL F. This would indicate no Krug or Dom and instead just the same as in the F lounge, as surely even SQ wouldn't be hard faced enough to serve people in one side Krug or Dom while denying it to others, all served from the same bar.

It would be nice if they brought either back, especially as they are waving 'Exclusivity' around again...

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Did you guys notice that some of the seats are shaped similar to SkySuites and A380 Suite's?
        I noticed that as well. Good idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          ...even SQ wouldn't be hard faced enough to serve people in one side Krug or Dom while denying it to others, all served from the same bar.

It would be nice if they brought either back, especially as they are waving 'Exclusivity' around again...
          My point exactly. If they're going to exclude award redemption people from TPR, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to serve Dom & Krug just a stone's throw away.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by yiserexoica View Post

TPR is not open 24 hrs.
            Does that mean the TPR is closed for the SIN-ZRH flight at 1 am. Hopefully not.
            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the new lounge is just about on par with NZ's international business lounges?

Comment

News from DFP

He is here at SKL T3 right now. He was told the same information that the paid $$$ pax only to be allowed into TPR. He is on O-class for his continuing flight, and did not get access to TPR.

Real thumbs down for who is in charge of SKL!
                Last edited by SQ LPP; 3 July 2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

I confirm what SQ LPP said.... no access to Private Room for anyone but passengers on PAID F or R tickets.
                  Sorry, Mr and Mrs nickbot, you will not be able to go in and take pictures...

A real downer. One room and no access for award F ticket holders? At least LH let award ticket holders access their MUCH MORE expensive FCT!!!
                  Come on, SQ, the excuse I was given (overflowing F lounge) when I asked for the actual rules make no sense since QPPs on J ticket do not have access to SKL F anymore...

Comment

PS

And NO GUEST allowed!!!!

Comment

• So it's true then. First isn't always First.

And I suppose they think frequent flyers didn't earn all the miles but rather got them for free/nothing.

So now, why bother flying paid F on SQ when you can't really get the full works for it afterwards when you redeem?

Comment

• Too pathetic for words, quite frankly...

Comment

• And can I just say, it just feels incredibly petty given that even the new room doesn't seem like anything special at all - they still have a looooooong way to go before they are even close to catching up with even Business Class lounges such as the LHR Virgin Clubhouse, let alone the ones like TG F ground experience/lounge at BKK or the LH FCT (and FCL!).

So, although I sigh in a mixture of amusement and disbelief, I'm not so terribly bothered in fact. I'll just turn up to the airport close enough that I don't have too much time to "enjoy" the very forgettable lounges...

Comment

• they can take the Private Room and shove it up their rear ends. petty is an understatement.

Comment

• Un-freaking-believable................ well maybe we did see it coming a little (someone hinted at it a while back in another thread) but the absurdity is still no less of a shock.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                                I confirm what SQ LPP said.... no access to Private Room for anyone but passengers on PAID F or R tickets.

That, is absolutely f*cking disgraceful.

So, we've got a bloody awful F lounge, and when they finally open what might be a half decent lounge, they ban TPP's, award bookings and upgrades, even if they are in First.

What on earth will they come up with next ?.
                                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 3 July 2008, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X