[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Roti prata for breakfast, accompanied by teh tarik, out in Tampines, is a signature Singapore experience for me.
    Only in Tampines ?

Will this get split out into its own "Roti prata in Singapore" thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Only in Tampines ?

Will this get split out into its own "Roti prata in Singapore" thread ?
      Hey, in fairness, you didn't (naughty naughty) quote the relevant remark:
      (Blame my brother for the specificity. )
      If our side conversation continues, yes I, looking into my crystal ball, can foresee a separate Roti Prata thread.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 2 July 2008, 04:37 AM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by yiserexoica View Post

Based on what I was told by the lounge agent, only F/R passengers paying by cash are eligible. Somehow they manage to differentiate by printing "you're invited to the private room" vs "you're invited to SKL" on the BP.
        Lordy, they really did call it The Private Room. I thought SQ LPP was just being his cheeky self!

Should we hear foreboding bass tones (the Darth Vader theme comes to mind) when we talk about The Private Room?
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Does this mean those who upgrade to F by redeeming their points cannot enter? Please tell me this is not true.
          I was led to believe that anyone with a Red or Gold BP is allowed in, regardless of award, upgrade-with-miles or paid. I would be stunned if they stopped award or upgraded with miles trips going in. That would be beyond belief, even by SQ's recent standards.

Yes there is a separate dinning area. In fact there's an A la carte menu.

And yes tarmac. BTW I believe that was the best seat for tarmac view.
          Roti Prata !!!.... and (knock me down with a feather) a tarmac view....I think I'm going to faint.

Although we talk on SQT about lounges more than most people , I think we also shouldn't lose sight of the fact that The Private Room is a lounge and - at the end of the day - like all lounges, simply a glorified waiting room for a journey from A to B.

Most non-transit passengers don't (like some of us on here) arrive at the lounge hours and hours in advance. For most, it's a wait of an hour or so with the opportunity to grab a drink (which doesn't mean how many bottles to get through ), catch up on e-mails etc.

For those who actually have a long layover, Changi Airport has plenty to keep anyone amused; and if you have an overnight, the place to stay (even if some of us don't do so) is really a hotel rather than the lounge itself.

TPR is no doubt fit for purpose but it's not (nor meant to be) a life changing experience and we should align our expectations accordingly.
          That would be all well and good for no more than a mid tier airline going through the motions. Unfortunately it's not. This is SQ, widely accepted by many of those of sane mind and with a pulse of being the best airline on the planet.

This is also the airline that 'other airlines talk about', with whom you can 'travel in a new light', have recently introduced a 'class beyond first' and last year created a 'more exclusive' FFP. On top of this they offer us the privilege of paying more than all the other airlines out there to enjoy their fabulous hospitality.

So, when they spring a sub standard F lounge on us, (by 'us' I mean those of us who pay a fair whack of money to fly on them and are top tier on them and not a competitor ) folk are going to have a moan. If LH, VS, BA, CX, MH, TG etc etc etc think top quality lounges are important, there is no reason SQ shouldn't.

So, MR BA Gold , you enjoy your lovely new BA lounges in the new T5, and us transit pax (as that is what most pax on SQ are) can discuss the plusses and minuses of SQ's new waiting rooms.

I actually did ask the opinion of a lounge agent regarding excluding TPPs and those travelling with a mile-upgraded F BP from TPR, and guess what answer did I receive? "Exclusivity"!
          I see they've not got bored of using the 'Ex' word.

Welcome to SQTalk, yiserexoica, and thank you for the great report and pictures.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 2 July 2008, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Ouch!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            This is also the airline that 'other airlines talk about', with whom you can 'travel in a new light', have recently introduced a 'class beyond first' and last year created a 'more exclusive' FFP.

[...]

I was led to believe that anyone with a Red or Gold BP is allowed in, regardless of award, upgrade-with-miles or paid. I would be stunned if they stopped award or upgraded with miles trips going in.
            Perhaps 'More Exclusive Than You Could Ever Imagine' ?

Comment

Originally posted by infrequentflyer View Post
              I feel it's still behind Thai's 1st class lounge. I am most probably wrong but it feels like SQ keeps innovating with things like the suites (after the 777er 1st class product) and now this lounge because the first attempt didn't really hit the mark.
              I missed this before!

Jut to clarify. SQ did not launch the Suites because the new 77W F seats didn't 'hit the mark' The Suites were ready a couple of years before they were launched, and were supposed to be revealed during a singing dancing flagship launch of the A380, which would have also revealed the lflat bed JCL at the same time.

Unfortunately the A380 delays put paid to this so they were forced to reveal the new J and the 77W F when SQ got the first 77W. They had to keep the Suites under wraps until the A380 was ready.

Interesting comment regarding comparisons with TG's F lounge, which is indeed an excellent lounge. I'll see what I make of the TPR before making a comparision.

Welcome to SQTalk !.

Ouch!
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 2 July 2008, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I can't believe SQ is still using a refillable shower gel and shampoo dispenser at this exclusive facility.

Comment

But nobody has answered the REAL question here: Is there Krug and Dom???
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    I can't believe SQ is still using a refillable shower gel and shampoo dispenser at this exclusive facility.
                    The St Regis Singapore has that same shower, minus the dispenser .

I wonder what happens if you are on a paid F ticket and your signinficant other is on a reward F , will they not let you both in ?

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post
                      The St Regis Singapore has that same shower, minus the dispenser .

I wonder what happens if you are on a paid F ticket and your signinficant other is on a reward F , will they not let you both in ?
                      That's what JetQuay is for!

www.jetquay.com.sg

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        But nobody has answered the REAL question here: Is there Krug and Dom???
                        I bet only on Dom!

Comment

Well, in a couple of days mrs nickbot and I will be able to verify the access rules for award F tix,...here's hoping we can get into TPR

Comment

Thank you for the pictures!
                            It looks the same as months ago!

Comment

Lordy, they really did call it The Private Room. I thought SQ LPP was just being his cheeky self!

Should we hear foreboding bass tones (the Darth Vader theme comes to mind) when we talk about The Private Room?
                              I was not being cheeky when starting the thread. Just posted recently, after I had more information to support. That's why I did not mention a thing when I heard the name first for the first time.

Although we talk on SQT about lounges more than most people , I think we also shouldn't lose sight of the fact that The Private Room is a lounge and - at the end of the day - like all lounges, simply a glorified waiting room for a journey from A to B.

Most non-transit passengers don't (like some of us on here) arrive at the lounge hours and hours in advance. For most, it's a wait of an hour or so with the opportunity to grab a drink (which doesn't mean how many bottles to get through ), catch up on e-mails etc.

For those who actually have a long layover, Changi Airport has plenty to keep anyone amused; and if you have an overnight, the place to stay (even if some of us don't do so) is really a hotel rather than the lounge itself.

TPR is no doubt fit for purpose but it's not (nor meant to be) a life changing experience and we should align our expectations accordingly.
                              Well thought, Sir!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures yiserexoica.
                                Did you guys notice that some of the seats are shaped similar to SkySuites and A380 Suite's?

Comment

Working...
                                X