No announcement yet.

[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was in TPR from morning to catch my red-eye flight to NRT last Dec.
    Enjoyed the food and wines in TPR. Went to explore those attractions in transit area, watched free movie, did some shopping.
    No issue for multiple entry.
    However, during my last attempt to TPR, the dragon suddenly recognized us when she tried to lead us to TPR. So she just left us near biz lounge and went back to entrance directly after she said, "oh.. You had been here many times"..

Comment

• Originally posted by SQZ View Post
      Sorry that this might be a silly question, but for those based in SIN, and wants to check in 48 hrs early to use the TPR, do you need to check in your luggage before you get your boarding pass, or you can still get the boarding pass and use the TPR, and exit immigration, and check in your luggage say 5 hours before the flight (and re-entering TPR?

I have read reports of people entering TPR, go home in SIN, then returning again, before flying off, but I am unsure if they check-in their luggage just hours before, or the very first time they got their boarding pass.
      Welcome to SQTalk, SQZ.

I have got to ask the question ; why on earth would you want to go to all this trouble to get in and out of what is effectively a glorified waiting room ?. Yes it's a nice place and I do understand why those who don't go there often may want to try the place for themselves, but it's not that good that it is worth of this messing around, seriously. It's a pleasant place with a very limited menu of distinctly average food but it's definitely not somewhere you want to spend hours and hours in or go to so much trouble to go more than once.

Originally posted by SQZ View Post
      On another note, is Dom 2003 the new default in TPR?
      It's 2004, same as onboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Welcome to SQTalk, SQZ.

I have got to ask the question ; why on earth would you want to go to all this trouble to get in and out of what is effectively a glorified waiting room ?. Yes it's a nice place and I do understand why those who don't go there often may want to try the place for themselves, but it's not that good that it is worth of this messing around, seriously. It's a pleasant place with a very limited menu of distinctly average food but it's definitely not somewhere you want to spend hours and hours in or go to so much trouble to go more than once.

It's 2004, same as onboard.
        Thank you.

No idea if it is a glorified room until I enter, as I am as new as I am to this board, and even newer to TPR. I guess I came here to ask how others are managing the situation, if they entered more than once, and of course to assess if it is worth the hassle, and more or less concluded this multiple entry issue is not worth my trouble.

But that being said, there were others who did it successfully and obviously felt it is worth their time to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQZ View Post
          Thank you.

No idea if it is a glorified room until I enter, as I am as new as I am to this board, and even newer to TPR. I guess I came here to ask how others are managing the situation, if they entered more than once, and of course to assess if it is worth the hassle, and more or less concluded this multiple entry issue is not worth my trouble.

But that being said, there were others who did it successfully and obviously felt it is worth their time to do so.
          Has anyone originating in Singapore done what you are thinking of doing, though?

I'm pretty sure that the other instances mentioned were "Once before entering Singapore, and then once more upon departure" on a long transit, using the onward boarding pass issued/printed well in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            +1

Heck, I feel like I have to go through multiple doors when taking a shower and utilizing the restroom. Dumbest thing I've ever seen!

Originally posted by SQZ View Post
            ...there were others who did it successfully and obviously felt it is worth their time to do so.
            And many of us who just found it plain bizarre!
            HUGE AL

Comment

• Spending the whole day in the TPR to catch an evening flight just to 'maximize' the experience is just plain sick IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                Spending the whole day in the TPR to catch an evening flight just to 'maximize' the experience is just plain sick IMHO.
                Not everyone on this forum has a red/gold BP for every flight. I'm sure TPR sounds like a super exclusive lounge to a first timer, but to the regulars it's just another lounge.

Granted, spending 48 hours in there is excessive, but I wouldn't call going several hours early to sample the offerings for the first time "plain sick"

Comment

• What is the current access policy to the TPR?

I just redeemed some miles for my parents LAX-SIN-CGK in Suites and F with 7 days stop in Singapore.

Grandma will be coming CGK-SIN-CGK in Y class. Three of them will be on same flight on the way back.

Parents have been there many times before but not grandma. I am keen to get grandma access to the place as guest.

Flight will be departing from T2.

Possible or not possible given the above?

Comment

• AFAIK still no change, T2 departure does not matter, but guest to SKL F only, not to TPR.

You can ask nicely but don't be surprised if they say no.

If you really want your grandma to try the TPR and there will not be any other opportunities, I would look at getting your grandma to swap BP with your mum. Or there's of course the option of redeeming a one-way in F for your grandma, depending on how keen you are for her to try it. It has the benefit of avoiding the awkwardness of having your grandma sit in Y and your parents sit in F.

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      AFAIK still no change, T2 departure does not matter, but guest to SKL F only, not to TPR.

You can ask nicely but don't be surprised if they say no.

If you really want your grandma to try the TPR and there will not be any other opportunities, I would look at getting your grandma to swap BP with your mum. Or there's of course the option of redeeming a one-way in F for your grandma, depending on how keen you are for her to try it. It has the benefit of avoiding the awkwardness of having your grandma sit in Y and your parents sit in F.
                      Thanks, stargold.

They will be swapping seats on the plane. That's already my plan. Dad will sit in coach.

Now why didn't I think of swapping boarding pass even on the ground. They never checked our passports anyway.

But will suggest to them to try to get in the TPR all together considering my grandma is on wheelchair.

Comment

• I suggest the three of them all check in together and hand your grandma the gold BP right away. Also, not sure whether the BP displays "WCHR" but if it does, the lounge attendant may well notice that the Y BP should be the WCHR.

I hope they all manage to get in without any issues.

Comment

• Even if can't get in, won't lose sleep about it. If can get in, it will be a bonus.

Even F lounge will be good enough. This will be her first F experience. I hope she can also appreciate the difference between it and the regional business class she had been on.

Comment

• Been on the similar situation, but on a twisted condition...
                            Me and nephew on F, niece on J.
                            She wanted to visit TPR, so I talked to the TPR receptionist to let her in with my BP, and I waited in SKF F...
                            No problem at all... as long as 1 F BP for one pax for TPR...

Comment

• That's very nice of them

Comment

• Pardon my French, but is TPR the same place than the First class section of the Krisflyer lounge in T3 ? Have never made the right turn upon entering the KF lounge so I'm a bit clueless
                                So, if I summarize (I want everything to be perfect for my first Suites flight !):
                                > arrival at T3 through door 1 where the First counter is.
                                > proceed to the First class checkin followed by dedicated immigration control
                                > now I'm airside, anything else First-specific that I should know of other than TPR and/or First class section of KF lounge ?
                                Thanks, I'm so so looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                                X