• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyo,

You must admit defeat now !

Coathanger,

Very nice shots, thanks !

Comment

• Hey all, haven't posted in ages but I have a SIN-HKG trip coming up. Finally saved enough miles for two F tickets!

I was reading practically every page but I'm getting confused as to whether or not award F pax can enter or not..

Can someone fill me in please?? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance711 View Post
        Hey all, haven't posted in ages but I have a SIN-HKG trip coming up. Finally saved enough miles for two F tickets!

I was reading practically every page but I'm getting confused as to whether or not award F pax can enter or not..

Can someone fill me in please?? Thanks!
        Congrats on the F awards. You will have access, the policy was changed a couple of years ago.
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Hmm... Just saw with my own eyes a non F-pax being guested into TPR by his companion (who is travelling in F). Quite certain rules haven't changed as he spent 10 minutes having conversations with 3 or 4 senior lounge staff, before the guest was admitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
            Here is the actual TPR wine list you mention as of 29th October (today). I should add there were some other bottles offered that are not on the list.

French Wines:

Other Wines:

...excuse bad pics
            Greetings, I am in the TPR right this moment. Boy, have things changed from whenAsiaCommuter posted images of the copious TPR wine list. This is my second time here in three months. It seems now they don't even bother with printing a list. And the selection has now drastically shrunk to two reds and two whites. No more delicious Burgundies. Oh how far have the offerings fallen in such a short time.

And unfortunately, the staff have not been given any background on the wines they do have. When I asked about their red wine offerings, I was only told thye have "a shiraz" and a "chateau pauillac". Turns out the French red wine he was referring to was an 04 Pichon Longueville. Thats a great bottle, and deserves a bit more presentation. How difficult is it to print out the wine list anyways? How difficult is it to instruct your staff how to offer the wines... as in, sir, we have a nice Pichon Longueville fom Pauillac, Bordeaux.

For lovers of Champagne, dont worry, at least Veuve Grand Dame is still on offer.

Also, I dont recommend the "Waldorf Salad" off the menu. It's an anemic bowl of shredded iceberg lettuce with apples and a very bland dressing.
            Last edited by Short Final; 22 September 2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
              For lovers of Champagne, dont worry, at least Veuve Grand Dame is still on offer.

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
              Also, I dont recommend the "Waldorf Salad" off the menu. It's an anemic bowl of shredded iceberg lettuce with apples and a very bland dressing.
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Well they have finally done something about the warm temperature in here, but it's only temporary as they simply plugged in a couple of large fans and mobile a/c units, which doesn't do much for trying to keep the place looking classy.
                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 10 October 2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tfung View Post
                  I have heard from some people that they now allow inbound F class pax connecting on business class, etc on some regional flights into the Private Room now? Is this correct? When did this start?
                  While I have used TPR many times from an inbound to Changi being in F and onward flight being in J, I have for the first time just been handed an official Gold TPR invite at the LHR SKL as I rolled up prior to tonights SQ319.

Bearing in mind there is only 65 minutes between my inbound SQ319 and outbound SQ976, and 976 goes from T2, this is quite a surprise. Nice touch all the same.

Comment

• The TPR is a nice place to unwind before the flight but definitely overhyped. I find the service in the restaurant to be improvable and I would like to see SQ allowing to bring a guest who is on the same flight but not in F.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      The TPR is a nice place to unwind before the flight but definitely overhyped.
                      I agree, but lounges do have a tendency to be somewhat overhyped around if they are any good. The LH lounges are a classic example, undoubtedly nice places but the lengths some people go to get in there and the times they allow to spend there continues to baffle me. The reputation the SKL F in T2 had prior to T3 opening was even worse. It was rated by some as the best lounge in the world!. It's amazing how you can gain favour by offering free Krug and then Dom.

I would like to see SQ allowing to bring a guest who is on the same flight but not in F.
                      Bearing in mind they intially banned people on awards getting in - to this day one of the all time SQ management classics - I can't see that happening any time soon.

Comment

• There is currently no Grande Dame in here, or there wasn't on Sunday.

They said 'currently out of stock' so when I asked would it be back by the end of the week when I was back again they said they would have to check. I sincerely hope it hasn't been 'enhanced'.

I schlepped all the way over from T2, where my inbound flight had arrived and my onward flight was going from so I made a point of mentioning it. The fact we docked at F50 so it only took a few minutes to get to TPR using the Failed System which is opposite is not the point.

Comment

• MAN Flyer must have REALLY wanted his Champagne!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• What was the alternative champagne offered?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              What was the alternative champagne offered?
                              Charles Heidsieck, same as in SKL F

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Charles Heidsieck, same as in SKL F
                                Same thing earlier today...still out of stock according to the staff.
                                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                                X