[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
    Just came out of the Private Room. There's a wine list provided ... and gosh ... 1 champagne (LGD), 2 whites and ... catch this .. a total of 8 reds. almost all of which are Burgundy Grand Crus. There's also the Dessert wine they're offering in First Class. Once again, I had my favorite Foei gras burger + Lobster linguine .. and I realised that even for ice-cream desert, they plate it properly. I'm quite impressed by the service provided in the TPR. Certainly much better than when it was first launched.
    Here is the actual TPR wine list you mention as of 29th October (today). I should add there were some other bottles offered that are not on the list.

French Wines:

Other Wines:

...excuse bad pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
      Just came out of the Private Room. There's a wine list provided ... and gosh ... 1 champagne (LGD), 2 whites and ... catch this .. a total of 8 reds. almost all of which are Burgundy Grand Crus. There's also the Dessert wine they're offering in First Class. Once again, I had my favorite Foei gras burger + Lobster linguine .. and I realised that even for ice-cream desert, they plate it properly. I'm quite impressed by the service provided in the TPR. Certainly much better than when it was first launched.

Wow. Sounds like they have improved their offering since I was last there in Nov 2010. Too bad I flew out in J from T2 on my last swing through the region.

Comment

• I really like the truffles & pralines they have in the TPR. Wonder what brand they are.. will ask the next time I'm in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
          I really like the truffles & pralines they have in the TPR. Wonder what brand they are.. will ask the next time I'm in there.
          I am in the TPR now. They said it is made by SATS...

Comment

• Originally posted by SIA5390 View Post
            I am in the TPR now. They said it is made by SATS...
            Thanks for the update, SIA5390.

Comment

• Advice

Thanks much for the valuable information..
              I read through this thread the one can enter multiple times the TPR within 48 hours of flight. I am flying tomorrow on R class and thinking to go there over for diner tonight.
              So, would I check in tonight, go through immigration, go to TPR, have diner, then clear immigration and go back rest at home. Next day, bring hand carry luggage only, go straight to immigration, then to TPR room, then board..

Thanks for advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPPS flyer 2 View Post
                Thanks much for the valuable information..
                I read through this thread the one can enter multiple times the TPR within 48 hours of flight. I am flying tomorrow on R class and thinking to go there over for diner tonight.
                So, would I check in tonight, go through immigration, go to TPR, have diner, then clear immigration and go back rest at home. Next day, bring hand carry luggage only, go straight to immigration, then to TPR room, then board..

Thanks for advice.
                Having first-hand experience, I find the hassle to explain to immigration what you were doing 'leaving the country' in the first place not really worth it.

Comment

• Thanks.
                  Being a SG resident, I usually would go through the automated passport scanning booths, hence avoid personal contact with officers...Unless the machines are set to detect and flag out short exit and re entry periods, in which case i might need to explain...

Comment

• Originally posted by QPPS flyer 2 View Post
                    Unless the machines are set to detect and flag out short exit and re entry periods, in which case i might need to explain...
                    Yep, they'll send an alert to the immigration officers and you'll need to explain yourself. Somehow, "I wanted to try the baked lobster with 3 cheeses" doesn't seem to wash very well..

Comment

• I guess the LGD and burgundy reason will not work much better either...That means LGD for breakfast then
                      Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        I really like the truffles & pralines they have in the TPR. Wonder what brand they are.. will ask the next time I'm in there.
                        OT.. but in case you're interested, those yummy morsels are from Jewels Chocolatier, a SATS subsidiary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetlounge View Post
                          OT.. but in case you're interested, those yummy morsels are from Jewels Chocolatier, a SATS subsidiary.
                          Thanks for the info, didn't know Jewels had anything to do with SATS

This name keeps popping up everywhere, might have to check them out...

Comment

Thanks for this.

Comment

Interesting... So the guy serving me in the TPR had no idea what he was talking about...

Comment

• Originally posted by SIA5390 View Post
                                Interesting... So the guy serving me in the TPR had no idea what he was talking about...
                                Not necessarily, he was probably telling you as much as he knows.

If they are made by the outfit named by jetlounge, SATS presumably order them from there and they are delivered to SATS, who then deliver them to TPR with the other stuff. As far as staff in TPR will be concerned, they come from SATS.

Comment

Working...
                                X