• Show
Clear All

• Some pics I took in "The Private Room":

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=6261577ed3

Comment

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
      Some pics I took in "The Private Room":

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=6261577ed3
      Wow, Kyo+, someone here beat you to it, vsepr went in TPR for lunch & dinner, then went home (out of immigration in Singapore), then came back for lunch again next day, before boarding his first class flight !

Comment

• I don't see anywhere where he alludes to leaving the airport, but if indeed that is true, my record would actually remain intact - the key being not to leave the airport and do three TPR sessions all in one go with an overnighter...

The challenge is laid - we need someone who can do four TPR sessions in a row (e.g. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner on Day #1 and then Breakfast again on Day #2 would break the record)... mine starts from lunch on Day #1

Yes, I'm aware it's a dubious distinction...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I don't see anywhere where he alludes to leaving the airport, but if indeed that is true, my record would actually remain intact - the key being not to leave the airport and do three TPR sessions all in one go with an overnighter...

The challenge is laid - we need someone who can do four TPR sessions in a row (e.g. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner on Day #1 and then Breakfast again on Day #2 would break the record)... mine starts from lunch on Day #1

Yes, I'm aware it's a dubious distinction...
          On vsepr facebook photos page, he did state he went home on day 1 & came back on day 2. I checked with him & he confirmed, he is a Singapore passport holder, so he could enter & exit immigration on the same day as long as he has a valid boarding pass, & he could use the automated passport machines to get in & out..

Comment

• A long time ago, I also did that with SQflyergirl on her return trip from ICN... but I'm not a Singapore passport holder, and they INVOL-ed me...

Comment

Will try to do that when I go to Hong Kong this Dec.
              Last edited by SIA5390; 9 November 2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Keen to see the attempt! Remember, no exiting the terminal at any time!

Comment

Keen to see the attempt! Remember, no exiting the terminal at any time!
                  Sadly, despite my Creosotean figure, I will only have the brief space of time between SQ321 and SQ227 in December to enjoy the Private Room. However, I shall try and do my best to have a course or four.

Comment

• Does SQ now allow any SQ F pax to enter the private room?

For me regardless of whether I have paid for F ticket or a redemption ticket I am offered a private room invitation.

Comment

• Yes, they do - for a very long time now, over a year...

Comment

• Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you freq flyers have ever thought the TPR was initially meant to be a rest area with private rooms & / or spa attached to the 1st class lounge ?

Perhaps SQ realised the 1st class lounge was going to be overcrowded & a poor (sub-par) lounge compared to the competition such as Qantas, BA, CX lounge .. so, what was meant to be a private room for rest areas (like T2) & SPA facilities had to be scrapped and made into a 1st class only lounge (today's TPR).

A few reasons ...
                        1) If SQ most values its premium passengers (suites and 1st) why would it leave the TPR opening so behind the main lounges? If it was to always be for suites / 1st only, it surely should have opened at the same time given there is nothing so different in it compared to the 1st lounge next to it?
                        2) If it was for suites and 1st only WHY shove it at the back of the 1st class lounge? Many carriers have a separate lounge area completely (eg Lufthansa) OR if designing it why not place it on the immediate lefthand side as soon as you arrive at the lounge complex so you can access it more quickly. If you're flying and a valued customer why make them walk versus having a discreet entrance as soon as you arrive at the lounge? I thought the aim was to make their journey the easiest.
                        3) Even T2 (as old and lovely as it is) 1st class lounge has a rest area with those ergonomic beds. It also has an area where no phones were allowed to be used = rest area. It is surprising that T2 1st class lounge has a rest area and the newest offering in T3 has none - was the TPR meant to house these?
                        Additionally, I know T2 1st class lounge doesn't SPA facilities but it was built way before SPA's were considered as part of a 1st Class lounge experience. Thai, Virgin (Biso), Qantas NOW all have spa facilities and as a premium carrier I thought SQ would have wanted to have a SPA area in their new flagship terminal 3 lounge.

Perhaps the TPR was initially meant to be an area for private rest rooms and spa treatment rooms but when 1stly, SQ realised how busy the 1st lounge was and the overcrowding it faced and 2ndly, how lovely and great other airlines 1st class lounges were being made, it needed to create a 'better, more exclusive' lounge than the existing 1st class lounge to not fall terribly behind the competition. So TPR was born (or it could have always been designed as the TPR - private rest rooms and spa treatment rooms).

Also having had the opportunity to visit the TPR several times now, it has dawned on me that the amount of room would most definitely suit an area hosting rest rooms and spa treatment rooms. It sits adjacent to the 1st class lounge for easy access, has its own reception for which room/spa bookings could be made and the area could easily be divided into 15-20 rest areas/treatment rooms.

I know we'll never know but your thoughts would be appreciated.
                        Thanks.

Comment

• The TPR is certainly one big quiet space. I brought a guest into the F lounge last week but still they would not budge on letting the guest enter the hallowed halls of TPR.

Maybe the TPR comes more into play when they have "uber-classy" rock bands and large contingents. Easy to block them right off.

Comment

• I was in TPR for almost an hour yesterday and I was the only pax in there all that time.

Comment

• In the PR at the mo, suprised to see two new private telephone rooms, and a baby changing room...! They have been built where the computers used to be. The computers are now macs to, and have been moved. A shame they chose a baby room over a spa.....other than tonight, I have never seen a baby in here. Babies.... TPR..... with a private changing room, toys, mini kids table, sink..... oh dear. A shame that they didn't use the telephone rooms for a sleeping room, would save the long walk to the hotel.

Comment

• I was in there yesterday but didn't notice the changes you mention!. Probably still half asleep...

It was the busiest I've seen it for a while, I was there during the morning rush though.

Comment

Working...
                                X