[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    You're outta luck my friend. Unless you *ahem*... come in the night before... as someone once did... wonder who...
    Always wondered, did "this person" stay overnight airside or did he/she clear CIQ and headed back home....?
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Lots of questions....

I just read through all the pages of this forum and it seems like at some point the policy for "TPR" DID change?

So just to be clear...if I have a first class award ticket, "O Fare Ticket", than I WILL be granted access to "The Private Room"??? If not than I will still be able to access the normal "First Class" section of the SKL in T3? Is the food that different?

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      You're outta luck my friend. Unless you *ahem*... come in the night before... as someone once did... wonder who...
      O.K. so this is an interesting statement and I was actually debating doing this...will explain below...but here is my question:

If I am on the 9:30 am SIN->NRT->LAX flight, can I arrive the NIGHT BEFORE, check in...get into SKL F (or better yet TPR)...eat dinner...

..then go wander Changi, and come BACK in the morning for breakfast and a shower before my flight leaves? Assuming I get into "TPR" do they take and keep my invite card?

From the Singapore Airlines website it says that check-in for ALL SQ flights at SIN starts 48 hours before departure...

Now I know MOST people would think I am crazy for wanting to do this...

*BUT*...I LOVE airports and this is my very first time visiting Changi and I really want to see all of it...even if it is late at night when it is empty.

If there is any group of people who understand such weird behavior...I hope it is y'all...

Comment

• Burj,

As long as you hold a SQ First Class Boarding Pass, now you can enter the TPR. Once you enter the TPR, the invitation card will be taken away from you, so I believe you can only go in once. Need other frequent flyers here to confirm.

If you can go in only once, suggest you come in the night before to enjoy dinner in the TPR (you can check in your luggage the night before as well), the TPR will close around 2am after the last flight departs, thereafter, the First Class Silver Kris lounge will still be open (they are open 24 hours), you can either have your rest there or you might want to stay at the transit hotel airside (in transit area). However, you need to make advance booking first as transit hotel is pretty popular. Advance booking meaning you do not pay first but reserve online first. I would like to add that you can keep entering/exiting the First Class Silver Kris lounge as long as you hold a departing SQ First Class Boarding Pass.

I understand you are excited and loved visiting airports, and Changi is a must to visit if you have not done so, lots of greenery inside for your information..enjoy your flight!
        Last edited by feb01mel; 30 March 2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burj View Post
          From the Singapore Airlines website it says that check-in for ALL SQ flights at SIN starts 48 hours before departure...

Now I know MOST people would think I am crazy for wanting to do this...

*BUT*...I LOVE airports and this is my very first time visiting Changi and I really want to see all of it...even if it is late at night when it is empty.

If there is any group of people who understand such weird behavior...I hope it is y'all...
          Oh you've come to the right forum. We won't think you're crazy; wait till you meet up with some of us.

Welcome to SQTalk, Burj.

As feb01mel said, you can check in and obtain your BP the night before, and it's that BP that secures lounge access. You're right in noting that the access policy has changed, so AFAIK an SQ F BP is all the credential that you'll need.

Happy exploring at Changi.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Wow! Thanks for such quick responses!

So if a F class boarding pass is all I need to get into "TPR" would it be a problem entering more than once? Maybe when I leave at night I can tell them I'll be back in the morning and ask for my invite card back?

I don't want to get OT, so is there a forum specific to Changi questions? Like what is open at night? Gardens, etc?

Ideally I'm thinking of arriving at Changi around 11 pm to midnight, check in at the exclusive First Class check in at T3, go to "TPR" and have dinner...and then walk around Changi, maybe taking a nap at the T2 SKL, coming back to T3 SKL and (maybe?) getting back into "TPR" for breakfast, if not the normal SKL F area is fine...shower and then catch my 9:30 am departure.

Also a little OT...is there a thread/forum where people can say which flights they will be on, or when they will be at Changi and see if they can meet up? I am a regular poster on FlyerTalk and the Delta forum has such a thing...we also have these big yellow FlyerTalk tags to put on our bags...like being in a secret society...

Comment

I don't want to get OT, so is there a forum specific to Changi questions? Like what is open at night? Gardens, etc?
              Yep, it's the forum Singapore & Changi Airport.
              Originally posted by Burj View Post
              Also a little OT...is there a thread/forum where people can say which flights they will be on, or when they will be at Changi and see if they can meet up? I am a regular poster on FlyerTalk and the Delta forum has such a thing...we also have these big yellow FlyerTalk tags to put on our bags...like being in a secret society...
              Try here:
              Lounge Meets

No official SQT tags for now, unfortunately. Our legal department worries about declaring revenues and other such technicalities; our beancounters worry about the costs; and getting volunteers to serve as our distribution centers is a bit tricky. So we mosey along, tag-less.

Other than that, we got your back. And we're thinking of instituting a secret handshake for SQT PPS and higher.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 30 March 2010, 08:37 PM.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

W
                Ideally I'm thinking of arriving at Changi around 11 pm to midnight, check in at the exclusive First Class check in at T3, go to "TPR" and have dinner...and then walk around Changi, maybe taking a nap at the T2 SKL, coming back to T3 SKL and (maybe?) getting back into "TPR" for breakfast, if not the normal SKL F area is fine...shower and then catch my 9:30 am departure.
                I don't know what time they start clearing up. You might have to arrive earlier if you want to eat. The regulars would be able to tell you the exact time.

When I stayed overnight in Changi, I remember staff clearing up the food. But I did not take note of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  ...we're thinking of instituting a secret handshake for SQT PPS and higher.
                  Membership has its privileges.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    I don't know what time they start clearing up. You might have to arrive earlier if you want to eat. The regulars would be able to tell you the exact time.

When I stayed overnight in Changi, I remember staff clearing up the food. But I did not take note of the time.
                    O.K. good advice...maybe I'll ask at the desk when I arrive at Changi before heading into the city...

I head read somewhere that "TPR" says open until about 2 am as there is a 2:30 am departure...

Comment

O.K. good advice...maybe I'll ask at the desk when I arrive at Changi before heading into the city...

I head read somewhere that "TPR" says open until about 2 am as there is a 2:30 am departure...
                      Yes, only on certain days of the week when SQ62 (to Moscow/Houston) operates, the TPR will close around 2am. Which day of the week is your NRT-LAX flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                        Yes, only on certain days of the week when SQ62 (to Moscow/Houston) operates, the TPR will close around 2am. Which day of the week is your NRT-LAX flight?
                        I'm on SQ12 that leaves SIN at 9:40 am on April 15th.

According to www.singaporeair.com SQ62 leaves SIN at 2:25 am on Thursday April 15... So "TPR" will be open late? Will they still be serving food/dinner that late?
                        Last edited by Burj; 31 March 2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I'm on SQ12 that leaves SIN at 9:40 am on April 15th.

According to www.singaporeair.com SQ62 leaves SIN at 2:25 am on Thursday April 15... So "TPR" will be open late? Will they still be serving food/dinner that late?
                          I was being informed by TPR staff that they will close at 2am, yes, food will still be served, but during that time, it may be supper, not dinner. I will let other SQ Talkers here confirm as I have not entered the TPR at such a late hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                            I was being informed by TPR staff that they will close at 2am, yes, food will still be served, but during that time, it may be supper, not dinner. I will let other SQ Talkers here confirm as I have not entered the TPR at such a late hour.
                            Is there a difference between supper and dinner? I've seen pictures of the dinner menu, the beef with foie grass and quail egg, lobster, etc... I assume that is the dinner menu... would the supper menu be smaller/lighter?

I went back and looked at an earlier post:
                            http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=288

And photo shows that the "Chef Station Special" is only available from 6:00 pm to 10:45 pm...which would hopefully mean that rest of the menu is available at other times.

I would hope that if they keep "TPR" open until 2 am they would still have the normal menu...otherwise what would be the point? Without the normal (full) menu than "TPR" really isn't any better than the normal F lounge...

(Hmm...maybe this is wishful thinking....)
                            Last edited by Burj; 31 March 2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• *delete*

Merged this with the above post...thanks MAN Flyer for explaining what happened with trying to put a link in my post...
                              Last edited by Burj; 31 March 2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I think I managed to delete my last post by mistake...
                                You didn't, you got caught in the anti-spam filter that now requires a minimum number of posts by new members before they can put links in their posts. It's been cleared now.

Comment

Working...
                                X