Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation to TPR

Attention:

It is confirmed that TPR is only for paid $$$ pax in First Class and Suites only. Award ticket or upgrade award pax will be invited into SKL F only. Look carefully your boarding pass when check-in at Changi. Your BP will show whether you get invited to TPR or just SKL F. Here is the picture:

Have a wonderful travel on Singapore Airlines!

Comment

• I was in the Private Room this morning. I'm in ICN, about to jump back on SQ16 for the long hop to SFO.

Here's one photo for you...the chairs that seem to resemble the First Class seats on the 747s.

Gotta run and board!

Comment

• whoa..... nice pic getonline - but can you resize into something more manageable please?

Comment

• Sorry..i'll do that going forward.

Comment

• So ... i'm reading conflicting info on this thread:

Does a departure ex T2 in paid F get entry into the TPR?

Comment

• Mrs. Getonline and I were invited to the TPR during our short transit upon arriving from MLE and before continuing on to ICN/SFO.

As others have said, it's really tucked away. It's like a speakeasy, hidden in the back of the FC SKL. The entrance is cool. This large, frosted glass wall of a door lifts open (up or to the side..can't remember) to reveal the room. We were reminded that this was a new facility.

We sat down for some breakfast. I ordered the Belgium waffles, and Mrs. Getonline ordered eggs and sausage. The food was ok, nothing spectacular. What was odd, and made us uncomfortable, was how we had one or two servers hanging on our every word and action. I like to be left alone to eat, and not have someone standing nearby, ready to pick up a fork or napkin should I drop one. Perhaps the extrememly wealthy (who can afford to regularly buy first class airfares) are accustomed to this service/treatment. It was too much.

Sure, the lounge was nice, but honestly, our favorite lounge on our entire three week trip (transiting Frankfurt, Singapore, SFO and ICN, and visiting Vegas, Bali, Maldives and Napa) was the SKL in T2. It was clean, showers were available on demand (no lines like in that hellhole *A SEN lounge in FRA), and I could plug in and use my laptop wirelessly.

Anyway..a few photos from TPR:

Here's the buffet area in the dining room:

The Dining Room

Bathroom

Plasma TV Sitting Area

Soft, supple chair

Mrs. Getonline Getting her Relax On

Comment

• getonline, awesome pics and descriptions to match! I loved this turn of phrase:
                Originally posted by getonline View Post
                It's like a speakeasy, hidden in the back of the FC SKL.

Reminded me of the Village in NYC or else Berkeley.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Hi to all,
                  Just wanted to provide a short update to my short stay in the TPR Friday evening.
                  At Check in, staff provide you with an invitation card, golden color. Once you arrive in the First class lounge, you are taken directly to the TPR room. You are then handed over to TPR staff which take you to a seat and offer you drinks/ menu, etc...I tried to keep the invitation card as to scan it here, however, they would not let me keep it. Although I insisted that this was only a piece of paper and that it could not be re-used another time since the date was on it, they advised it was policy to keep it.. Guess its to avoid passing it to someone else. Quite disappointing.
                  Once In the TPR, had some drinks quietly and there was an italian passenger screaming in his phone for a while. Many people were complaining and asked the staff to speak to the loud/upset customer. But it appears as non went, to afraid to disturb the angry man..
                  So experience was just alright. No Dom or Krug in the TPR only Heidseck.
                  The rest of the flight to CDG was ok, bumpy, full, but good service.
                  Only issue once again was when arriving in Paris with a lousy organization of the immigration, which took about an hour as all the flights come in around the same time.
                  Here is for a little update!

Comment

• There's a dining room in the Private Room ????

I got there all huffed and puffed having just gotten off the MRT from town. Yes I know, sad isn't it? Flying R Suites and took the MRT to the airport !

I basically had an hour to shower , change and get refreshed before my flight.

Now why can't SQ install a toilet in the shower cabins? CX's lounges in HKG certainly know that people need to "go" usually before a shower...

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                      There's a dining room in the Private Room ????
                      Can I assume that you are disappointed with the dining room in TPR?

Now why can't SQ install a toilet in the shower cabins? CX's lounges in HKG certainly know that people need to "go" usually before a shower...
                      I know. I always wonder about this as well. Well, I guess whoever SQ sent for sampling the best lounges worldwide did not test the shower facility either.

Even the AA lounge at LAX has nice toilet in the shower room.

Comment

Tell me about it. One of my pet peeves of SKL.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post

I know. I always wonder about this as well. Well, I guess whoever SQ sent for sampling the best lounges worldwide did not test the shower facility either.
                          I can't understand it either. I know they weren't in T2 SKL's but many presumed that they would rectify this at T3. Alas it's another item on the 'missed opportunity' list.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot
                            Hmmm, how about a number 2 then?!
                            I heard that was one of the reasons. Pax taking 5-10 min for a dump would hold up a shower room for an extra 5-10 min, thus possibly increasing wait times for the showers, if the toilets were in the shower rooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              I heard that was one of the reasons. Pax taking 5-10 min for a dump would hold up a shower room for an extra 5-10 min, thus possibly increasing wait times for the showers, if the toilets were in the shower rooms.
                              Good point and sometimes works both ways - for example the EK lounge at HKG has only 2 male and 2 female toilets, both of which double up as shower cubicles - I had to wait 10 minutes to use the toilet because both were tied up with people showering.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                I can't understand it either. I know they weren't in T2 SKL's but many presumed that they would rectify this at T3. Alas it's another item on the 'missed opportunity' list.
                                Actually IIRC the toilets were inside the shower rooms before the last renovation at T2.
                                While I agree that it is perhaps more efficient in the current configuration, it is less convenient for pax. I think they should at least keep the toilets in the shower rooms for First Class / TPR.

Comment

Working...
                                X