[BKK] New SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Now, before anyone rightly points out that Ham and Cheese sandwiches are not worth getting excited about, they are excellent for getting something simple into you when you've had a heavy night out in Bangkok.
    Well I am someone who can get very excited about a ham and cheese sandwich. I good ham and cheese sandwich (which admitedly the ones in the SKL are not) is one of my favourite foods.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Well I am someone who can get very excited about a ham and cheese sandwich.

Same here!.

Comment

getting something simple into you when you've had a heavy night out in Bangkok.
        indeed

Comment

I'm sitting the in the BKK SKL now waiting for my delayed TG flt to LHR.

It's my first time here and I'm very pleasantly surprised. Tasteful decor and the seating layout gives an feeling of privacy. Decent reading selection - better than the TG main Royal Silk lounge which I was just at.

Only thing missing from the old BKK SKL is the great view of the aircraft aprons.

Comment

This lounge is at Concourse C? Or A? http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ges/skl_bk.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
              This lounge is at Concourse C? Or A? http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ges/skl_bk.jsp
              Concourse C

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=43

Comment

SKL use with a TG domestic boarding pass

Is it possible to enter the BKK SilverKris lounge with a domestic TG J class boarding pass after arriving on an International flight? I was too tired to look for the lounge so I just settled into one of the Royal Silk lounges before heading to the domestic area.

Comment

It should work.

Comment

If anyone has been here recently you may have noticed the walls opposite the entrance and the construction going on. This is another security check point for transfers to domestic flights apparently.

Comment

If anyone has been here recently you may have noticed the walls opposite the entrance and the construction going on. This is another security check point for transfers to domestic flights apparently.
                      AOT have made so many changes and redesigns to this airport in the short time that it has been open.

Perhaps they could make their job a little easier, and build the next airport out of Lego

Comment

Didn't see the lounge stocked with haagen daaz last week. Was I just unlucky or have they stopped offering them?

Comment

hmm i was there 2 wks ago and they had it

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                            Didn't see the lounge stocked with haagen daaz last week. Was I just unlucky or have they stopped offering them?
                            I can't say I noticed when I was in there just over a week ago, but I was first one in and I knackered the coffee machine so was otherwise occupied.

Comment

It would appear that they have made a few little changes in here and have more food offerings than before, which is strange in the current environment as it usually goes the other way.

They have got six hot dishes available on the left where the sandwiches used to be and the sandwiches have been moved to the (previously empty) square table in the middle next to the food where you could previously sit. There is now a special stand with all te sandwiches on as well as quite a selection of cakes. The wine has been moved there as well. Over where the wine used to be, and were the spirits still are, they have put a blind at the back to 'fence it off' from the open lounge. Looks pretty good.

There is also quite a number of ladies in red jackets running around serving, but I can't remember if they were here before.

Comment

It would appear that they have made a few little changes in here and have more food offerings than before, which is strange in the current environment as it usually goes the other way.

They have got six hot dishes available on the left where the sandwiches used to be and the sandwiches have been moved to the (previously empty) square table in the middle next to the food where you could previously sit. There is now a special stand with all te sandwiches on as well as quite a selection of cakes. The wine has been moved there as well. Over where the wine used to be, and were the spirits still are, they have put a blind at the back to 'fence it off' from the open lounge. Looks pretty good.
                                Also noted a few more flavours of ice cream. Chocolate and vanilla are still listed as being available, but sadly there was no chocolate in there yesterday. Had to make do with vanilla, macadamia (basically vanilla with pieces of macadamia nuts in it), cookies & caramel, and strawberry cheesecake.

There are now no less than two ice cream fridges - the original one over by the spirits, and a new one near the tea/coffee machine.

On the down side, there wasn't much of a selection of teas available yesterday - only English breakfast and Earl Grey.

Also the freshly cut fruit has gone. There are just pre-prepared plates of water melon, pineapple, and papaya covered in cling film, placed in the fridge, and looking quite sad. No more pomelo.

On the whole though, I would agree that the changes are an improvement.

There is also quite a number of ladies in red jackets running around serving, but I can't remember if they were here before.
                                They were young men when I was in there. Definitely new. They were constantly dashing around making sure that everything was kept in good shape.

One of the fellows spent an age laying out those small cakes in perfectly spaced lines. I (almost) felt guilty having to destroy his work by eating my way through it

Comment

Working...
                                X