No announcement yet.

[SIN T3] SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printers have been gone from SIN SKL for a long time - a couple of years at least. One time when they had trouble bringing up my eticket the check in staff had to come around to get the booking reference from my email since I couldn't print it out for them.

Comment

Welcome all to the reality of SQ Lounges at Changi...

Comment

Dear Singapore Airlines:

It should be a good idea to have a refreshing course for your SKL staff hired prior to the SKL T3 opening. For example, basic rules for lounge access based on PPS as well as Star Alliance loyalty. Not to forget, being courteous to all, even pax who fly in Y, is the key for success. And, remembering a flyer who had an interaction from previous day or so, would be a good assets to have.

Comment

They are downright rude when using the T3 lounge on a T2 departing boarding pass. I was hassled when I had a 4 hour connection for going to the T3 lounge. It's not like the place was busy, AT ALL, yet I felt like I was just a massive inconvenience to them. I was told 'you really should go to the T2 lounge' and then they tried to tell me its a 20 to 30 minute trip to T2. What a load of rubbish, you can go from SKL T3 to most gates in T2 within 10 minutes.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I used the SKL F on a Silkair Economy Class boarding pass to KUL two weeks ago. The dragon was exceptionally receptive and siad 'Welcome in Mr. XX'

Comment

They were very nice to me in the T3 SKL F as well when I entered with a LH F bordkarte (LH uses T2) last month. The lounge is very nice, except for lack of tarmac views. Clean, with high ceilings. Unfortunately no printers (apparently they were too difficult to maintain) but an attendant overheard my conversation and said if I had a thumbdrive he could take it into the office and print any documents I need.

It's a perfectly civilized lounge if you aren't spending too much time in it. But the lack of tarmac views and natural sunlight would probably drive me nuts for a long transit.

Comment

Noticed that there's a new "trolley" service in the First Class lounge yesterday morning.

2 attendants were rolling a trolley with breakfast stuffs (orange juice, dim sum, breads, etc) going around asking passengers if they'd like to have anything and serving the pax. Its almost like a trolley service you find inflight, except its offered in the lounge. Many pax were pleasantly surprised.

Anyone noticed this before ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                  Noticed that there's a new "trolley" service in the First Class lounge yesterday morning.

2 attendants were rolling a trolley with breakfast stuffs (orange juice, dim sum, breads, etc) going around asking passengers if they'd like to have anything and serving the pax. Its almost like a trolley service you find inflight, except its offered in the lounge. Many pax were pleasantly surprised.

Anyone noticed this before ?
                  Noticed this last week, although in the evening - it was teas, and special welcome drinks.

Comment

Is it just me, or this lounge nothing special?? I was here for first time last week for the evening flight to FRA and was actually expecting more. I found food offerings to be minimal, both in terms of diversity and “quality” (i.e. was expecting more luxurious products for F lounge as actual quality is off course fine).

Also thought it was rather small and the lounge was actually very busy, given number of departing evening/night flights. To be honest, I probably think I like the business lounge better....

Anyway just some thoughts of mine.

Comment

Ya Kun Kaya Toast - November 14 - 20

For 7 days SKL F is serving this from 05:30 - 10:00. Kyo+, can you run over there, document with the RX100, and report on the quality?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

You have got to be kidding...

Am doing a short hop over to KUL tmrw for the weekend, and therefore not have access to SKL F, unless someone wants to guest

I guess it *is* rather Singaporean, and Ya Kun is my favourite, but surprised to hear they would serve this in F..!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          but surprised to hear they would serve this in F..!
                          Especially when the kaya toast outlets in Changi like Ya Kun and Toast Box sell them for $2?

Comment

I would laugh if I heard someone ordering a 'Set A' in an SKL F lounge... it's just that absurd. But, in all fairness, it is delicious!

Maybe 'Set A' with Foie Gras...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              You have got to be kidding...

Am doing a short hop over to KUL tmrw for the weekend, and therefore not have access to SKL F, unless someone wants to guest

I guess it *is* rather Singaporean, and Ya Kun is my favourite, but surprised to hear they would serve this in F..!
                              I did give you the . Now...get hopping with that ridiculously expensive point and shoot!

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                              Especially when the kaya toast outlets in Changi like Ya Kun and Toast Box sell them for $2?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                For 7 days SKL F is serving this from 05:30 - 10:00. Kyo+, can you run over there, document with the RX100, and report on the quality?
                                The quality will never be the same when its not with SQT buddies..

Comment

Working...
                                X