[SIN T3] SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    That's the TPP's grumbling about the poor F lounge...

On a second thought, that makes more sense than aircraft landing noise.

Posting from NH F lounge in NRT where they have windows and good views of the tarmac.

Comment

Used the showers last nite on raffles side last nite before catching the 325 to Brizzie.
      Lukewarm. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        No! I had the Ipoh hor fun first. Popped over to check-out SKL C. Decided that although SKL C has a wider variety to choose from, the quality in SKL F was much better. So back into SKL F for more cooked on demand hor fun.

Why not pasta? Can cook that easily at home lah!
        I saw last night they offered pasta and beef brisket noodles.

And they had replaced the area that used to be the flower decoration to be the F podium. So after the entrance, when you go to the right, now you can see the F greeters before turning left towards the old podium.

Comment

Went to the new SQL F lounge in T3 twice on my birthday - once enroute to KUL, and secondly later on that day going to AKL.

Didn't stay long on either occasion - the bar was closed!!! On my brithday!!! There was a small selection of booze around the corner, Champagne being one of the Heidsieck NVs.

Have they stopped serving premium Champagne in the F lounges?

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
            Went to the new SQL F lounge in T3 twice on my birthday - once enroute to KUL, and secondly later on that day going to AKL.

Didn't stay long on either occasion - the bar was closed!!! On my brithday!!! There was a small selection of booze around the corner, Champagne being one of the Heidsieck NVs.

Have they stopped serving premium Champagne in the F lounges?

Howard
            The bar now seems to have been closed for 4 or 5 weeks. And you're right, no Dom in the T3 F lounge.

BC

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              no Dom in the T3 F lounge.

BC
              No Dom at SKL since last year!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                The bar now seems to have been closed for 4 or 5 weeks. And you're right, no Dom in the T3 F lounge.

BC
                I was there a few days ago and spent almost the entire night at the T3 F lounge as my flight from LAX/NRT arrived at approx 1:15AM and my flight out to BKK was at 8:30AM.........the bar was closed the whole night however they did have some bottles near the food area.

I had a quick shower, had some chef prepared cook to order pasta along with other food items love the Ben & Jerrys ice cream) and whisked away the night on emails using my laptop as it was early afternoon the day prior in North America.

There was no Dom that night......

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                  There was no Dom that night......
                  Dom has not been served at SKL F in Changi since early July 2007.
                  See this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736

Comment

Easter Sunday, 23 March 2008

Comment

Comment

i was wondering if you can invite a passenger in to the F lounge, if you yourself are but you are not a *Gold or PPS and the passenger is traveling on Economy?

Comment

Passengers travelling in F can bring one guest into the lounge. Officially, the rule is that the guest needs to be also travelling on Star Alliance, but in practice the enforcement of this rule varies (since quite often the lounge attendant will not check the guest's boarding pass)

Comment

My very brief visit on 8APR...

The entrance with the greeters...

I rushed to take a shower first - I needed it after LHR-SIN in whY!!

The wash basin in the shower room

Some shots of the lounge area

The non-operational bar...!! Apparently it opens for a whopping 2 and half hours every day (2100-2330). Even the SKL at ICN manages to have an open bar in the J section from 3pm onwards...

The dining area

Some of the food offerings - the salmon and some cold hams

Fried rice and pasta (if memory serves correctly)

The chef station where fresh egg dishes are prepared

Comment

========================

Some comments:

1. Generally, I was not particularly wowed by it. It struck me as just an ordinary lounge with each part slightly upgraded, for example the food offering slightly improved compared to other normal lounges. There was no innovation of any sort, a-la-VS CH or FRA FCT etc, or even the HKG Wing F section (gosh, how old is that lounge?)

2. I did witness some degree of the "eager attendants" syndrome, although nowhere near as bad as some others have indicated. However, I found it striking that they really spoke no English at all - couldn't they have paid a bit more for attendants who could also actually help you find things like such as a fork?

3. The shower room was pretty good, though I had a feeling of deja-vu from lounges as old as the circa-2000 "new" UA RCC at NRT. Thankfully the temperature and water pressure was fine despite some reports to the contrary.

As a lounge, it's fine - I mean, there's nothing really to "fault" it as such. However, considering that this is the year 2008, and the SKL F at T2 opened eons ago, it seems to me that nothing has improved in real terms at all - in fact, I would go as far as to say the new SKL is far behind the current generation of lounges, whereas the SKL T2 at the time of opening was probably quite ground-breaking.

Obviously SQ has quite a number of F passengers and TPPs ex-SIN so you can't really have LH-style FCT without it getting totally ridiculous, but you would have thought that the VS CH at LHR would have been a viable model to aim for...

Comment

SQ ! Stingy Quack

Really SQ....

There are NO printers connected to any of the numerous PCs because SQ feels that many people were printing uneccessarily and thus wasting paper.

So one or a few people have spoiled it for the rest of us who genuinely need one.

Somehow I am not wowed by any of it . In the F or the C lounge. SQ had the perfect opportunity to emulate BA/QF at T1, and it failed miserably.

Comment

Working...
                                X