[IST] TK Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IST] TK Lounge

I couldn't find any comments on this much raved about place so apologies if there already is a thread...

I was in there for the first time last weekend and while it is undoubtedly an impressive looking facility it was absolutely heaving. I read that is has recently been extended, if so it would appear it is still not big enough. Still, a nice enough please to while away the time if it isn't busy.

YAWN.... What a boring thread...

Comment

Listen here, stalker, when you start posting pictures so will I.

Comment

Oh, challenge laid down - c'mon 9V-JKL!

Comment

I've posted 3 pictorial TRs. Where's yours?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            I've posted 3 pictorial TRs. Where's yours?
            Wasn't the last one from 2009?
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I've posted 3 pictorial TRs.
              They're that old I can only assume you've must have done them before digital camera's were invented.

I'll start posting pictures after your Bali TR is up.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 12 June 2014, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I think this thread is going nowhere. I suggest we delete the last few post, we can continue pissing each other over a beer next day

Comment

Okay let me try a sensible contribution As far as the TK IST lounge goes it is definitely still my favourite *G lounge around. Yes, as MAN Flyer mentioned, even after expansion it is still crowded at times, but overall the space and the offerings (food / drinks / amenities) are very good. The catering is Do&Co and pretty tasty. Last time I visited the cakes were actually brought in from Austria from Demel which is one of the top places in Vienna (yes touristy, but still when it comes to pastries. Of course Demel is owned by the same Turkish owner that runs Do&Co. But I digress.

The space issue and cleaned out buffets is especially bad around times when loads of flights to the Central Asian Republics depart (9PM onwards) - sorry but that is when I have observed the worst situations. It turns into mayhem and I have never seen a buffet cleaned out in such a short amount of time with people literally carrying plates stacked 10cm high with food. As if they were famished. The Turkish chef making the tasty 'Pide' (kind of a Turkish pizza version) almost lost it when 2 women loaded up food that would have fed 10-12 people normally.

Showeres are good, but the few restig rooms on offer are super hard to come by and tied to certain restrictions (IIRC transfer over 4hrs and under 7 or 8hrs). Okay that's it. Enjoy and carry on ...

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                    The Turkish chef making the tasty 'Pide' (kind of a Turkish pizza version) almost lost it when 2 women loaded up food that would have fed 10-12 people normally.
                    The queue for 'Turkish Pizza' was 12-15 pax long all the time we were in there so we didn't bother. It is a great lounge, but ruined by the volume of people in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      The queue for 'Turkish Pizza' was 12-15 pax long all the time we were in there so we didn't bother. It is a great lounge, but ruined by the volume of people in there.
                      I hear you. We were there around lunch time coming in from FCO (got the fancy TK C seat on this A321) and connecting to the TK SIN flight (A330 fully flat) at midnight. Hence we had no queue around that time and plenty of freshly made tasty treats. Had lunch, then coffee / tea and nice cakes.

Then we locked our bags in the lockers (good feature) and headed into town (via subway) for a quick spin around some areas we know in IST and had a nice dinner before heading back. Luckily we just got back to the lounge before the mayhem started and had a good seating area plus were on top of the shower list.

We were stuffed already and couldn't eat anymore to preserve some space in our tummies as TK inflight meals in C are really good in my book (best C food all around I have had so far). So the impact on us was not that bad, but the scenes playing out weren't that funny if you tried to grab a bite and a bit of rest before the next flight.

Comment

Working...
                      X