KIX lounge for SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIX lounge for SQ

I can't find any up-to-date info on the KIX lounge here and am getting conflicting info from the *A and SQ websites.

*A says that PPS pax flying Y have to use the Thai lounge but SQ's website says that their nominated lounge is JAL Sakura. Does anyone know which one has shower facilities and also if SQ's website info is correct wrt the Sakura lounge. Thanks.

SQ provide voucher, you may use it as 2000 yen voucher at appointed shop (sushi shop or cafe) or use it enter to JAL Sakura lounge.
    No shower facility in the Sakura lounge.
    Normally I pay 500 yen to use show facility after custom.

SQ flight depart from gate at south wing while ANA lounge located at north wing.
    It take about 20 ~ 30 min from ANA lounge to gate used by SQ.
    2 tram rides plus 10 min walk.

Thai lounge used to be at south wing but I think it is already re-allocated to north wing.
    Never check after it is re-allocated to north wing.

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
      SQ provide voucher, you may use it as 2000 yen voucher at appointed shop (sushi shop or cafe) or use it enter to JAL Sakura lounge.
      No shower facility in the Sakura lounge.
      Normally I pay 500 yen to use show facility after custom.

SQ flight depart from gate at south wing while ANA lounge located at north wing.
      It take about 20 ~ 30 min from ANA lounge to gate used by SQ.
      2 tram rides plus 10 min walk.

Thai lounge used to be at south wing but I think it is already re-allocated to north wing.
      Never check after it is re-allocated to north wing.
      Many thanks, jbflyer! Very helpful info. Clarification: are you saying that the voucher is good for entry to the JAL, ANA or TG lounges?

If the food is crappy in the lounges, I'll go get some real stuff from the restaurants instead with the voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Many thanks, jbflyer! Very helpful info. Clarification: are you saying that the voucher is good for entry to the JAL, ANA or TG lounges?

If the food is crappy in the lounges, I'll go get some real stuff from the restaurants instead with the voucher.
        I think the voucher is for JAL lounge. Have not try to go ANA lounge with KF gold card. Too far from the gate.

Nothing much food in JAL lounge, rice ball and breads.
        Alcohol choices are quite extensive.

Are you taking morning flight or midnight flight?
        Basically there is no shop open after 10pm in KIX.
        JAL lounge will be better choice at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
          I think the voucher is for JAL lounge. Have not try to go ANA lounge with KF gold card. Too far from the gate.

Nothing much food in JAL lounge, rice ball and breads.
          Alcohol choices are quite extensive.

Are you taking morning flight or midnight flight?
          Basically there is no shop open after 10pm in KIX.
          JAL lounge will be better choice at that time.
          Thanks, jbflyer. Am on the SQ615 at 2330. Now that I think about it, I'll probably not be eating at KIX after all but in Osaka before I jump into a train to KIX. I'll find out what the voucher can pay for and skip the lounge since it won't do much for me.

Comment

Are showers open after 22:00PM at KIX? Am on SQ615 shortly at 2330, and also wondering how much time to allow at the airport as I really do prefer to take a shower prior to flight. O'wise I'll beg IC Osaka to allow a very late check-out...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Are showers open after 22:00PM at KIX? Am on SQ615 shortly at 2330, and also wondering how much time to allow at the airport as I really do prefer to take a shower prior to flight. O'wise I'll beg IC Osaka to allow a very late check-out...
              Kyo, in the end, I managed to get a very late check-out from Hilton hence did not use showers at KIX. By the time I arrived at KIX it was already fairly deadish, though some usual duty-free and coffee shops were still open. The lounge is quite hopeless apart from the free internet. Hope someone can give you the hours for the shower facilities.

Comment

Would you say I can still buy souvenir Japanese Kit Kat boxes/duty free goodies of the nicely-presented Japanese variety at 10pm? Or are those shut...?

Comment

Yes. There is one after immigration.
                  KIX refresh cabin operate until 2400.
                  500 yen for 30 minutes, which is including shower and drinks.

More information..
                  http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/relax/

Basically almost all shops are closed after 930pm.
                  Only a few shops still open until midnight.

Comment

Very, very useful information - thank you jbflyer! I will re-plan to arrive and clear immigration by 9pm, in that case, then do last minute shopping, then hit the showers. 500 yen is really very, very reasonable.

Also have noted that PP only offers the KAL lounge (which closes after 1915 hours). No showers there either.

Comment

Very, very useful information - thank you jbflyer! I will re-plan to arrive and clear immigration by 9pm, in that case, then do last minute shopping, then hit the showers. 500 yen is really very, very reasonable.

Also have noted that PP only offers the KAL lounge (which closes after 1915 hours). No showers there either.
                      You welcome!

If you prefer to get Japanese goodies (food or souvenir), I will recommend you to do shopping before immigration at 3rd floor (check in counter located at 4th floor). There are more choices but price is slightly higher due to GST.

Comment

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration - it all depends on how late they open but if it's the same as inside, then that's okay

Comment

Kyo do take note SQ615 leaves from the international gates, which requires you to take the skytrain over. Do allocate at least 30minutes to 45minutes to get to the gate from the KIX lounge.

I nearly missed my flights twice due to me losing track of time at the KIX lounge (they have good massage chairs), then making the dash for the skytrain and then across the international gate building.

So much for having a nice bath at the lounge and then doing a 500m run. heh

Comment

Two shower facilities in KIX airport.

One landside on the second floor next to Mcdonalds (open 24 hours)

One airside as mentioned above.

I would go to the landside one and ask about showers first. Incase they are full they can always call the airside one for you.

Comment

Some seriously useful tips from everyone here, I really do appreciate it! The last time we did KIX was to fly domestic (pretty sure it was to NRT) some 3-4 years ago. I've forgotten everything since then

The airside showers seems as though they are in some 'Forest relaxation area' (with massage services for a fee). I would've thought it'd be nice to do it all in one place whilst having complimentary wifi and free drinks also. Is there any reason why the landside showers are better, fumitani?

Comment

Working...
                              X