• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZRH - Which Business Class Lounge?

SQ list 3 partner lounges at ZRH, namely:

Star Alliance Lounge (T2)
    Swiss Business Lounge (TE)
    Bellevue Lounge (TE).

I am totally unfamiliar with the airport as it is the first time flying out of ZRH in J in a couple of weeks time - morning SQ345 back to SIN.

Any recommendations on which lounge to hit? BTW - which terminal does SQ fly out of?

TIA.

I used Swiss Lounge when I travel out ZRH in SQ-Y.
    As KFG member, I can enter into First Class section of Swiss Lounge.

Hope this info helpful for you.

Comment

Another vote for the Swiss Lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        SQ list 3 partner lounges at ZRH, namely:

Star Alliance Lounge (T2)
        Swiss Business Lounge (TE)
        Bellevue Lounge (TE).

I am totally unfamiliar with the airport as it is the first time flying out of ZRH in J in a couple of weeks time - morning SQ345 back to SIN.

Any recommendations on which lounge to hit? BTW - which terminal does SQ fly out of?

TIA.
        Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
        I used Swiss Lounge when I travel out ZRH in SQ-Y.
        As KFG member, I can enter into First Class section of Swiss Lounge.

Hope this info helpful for you.
        KC*, SQ flies out of Gates E, the satellite terminal. The information on the SQ website seems to be out of date.

Closest lounge to the gate will be the Panaroma Lounge, there is no LX lounge in the satellite. The Panaroma Lounge is a contract lounge, very crowded, and nothing to write home about.

The LX lounges in transfer area A (main terminal) are better, but a train ride away. If you are *G, you can access the main LX SEN lounge (which is also the designated *A F lounge in ZRH). You will not have access to the LX F lounge. If you are just flying J, you can access the main LX J lounge.
        Last edited by Desert Traveller; 13 March 2013, 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling and link to the LX lounges in English
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys.

I do not have status, so it'd only be the LX Business lounge, I guess. How much time should I cater to get from the LX lounge to the departure gate?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
            Thanks for the info, guys.

I do not have status, so it'd only be the LX Business lounge, I guess. How much time should I cater to get from the LX lounge to the departure gate?
            If flying SQ, which means E gates/satellite, then you are sort of expected to use the Panaorama lounge over there. However, as stated above it is not particularly great and gets very crowded before the mid-morning to early afternoon bank of long hauls depart.

If you want to use the LX lounge in the main terminal then you will need to get the Heidi Train over to the satellite and that will take about 20 mins lounge to gate.

I wouldn't get to the airport any earlier than you need to. The LX lounges in the main terminal are not great and also get crowded like the crap Panorama one. I really don't get why LX don't have a lounge of their own in the satellite bearing in mind all their widebody flights leave from there. The dragons in ZRH can be funny if you try to use more than one lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              If flying SQ, which means E gates/satellite, then you are sort of expected to use the Panaorama lounge over there. However, as stated above it is not particularly great and gets very crowded before the mid-morning to early afternoon bank of long hauls depart.

If you want to use the LX lounge in the main terminal then you will need to get the Heidi Train over to the satellite and that will take about 20 mins lounge to gate.

I wouldn't get to the airport any earlier than you need to. The LX lounges in the main terminal are not great and also get crowded like the crap Panorama one. I really don't get why LX don't have a lounge of their own in the satellite bearing in mind all their widebody flights leave from there. The dragons in ZRH can be funny if you try to use more than one lounge.
              Thanks for the insight, MAN Flyer.

I think I will give all the lounges a miss and have a more leisurely breakfast at the hotel.

Comment

An update to what happened for the benefit of others.

At check-in, I was invited to one of the two lounges. I was given a pc of paper reminding me the time it takes to get to my gate (20 -40 min) and if I use the Swiss Business Lounge, to take this into consideration.

As the Swiss Business Lounge was immediately to the right on entry into the transit area, I headed there first.

At the Swiss Business Lounge, I was informed that I can ONLY use one of the two lounges (this or the Panorama). I decided to stay and they stamped onto my boarding pass that I have used my entitlement.

The Swiss Business Lounge is also BEFORE passport check although that was not an issue to clear within a couple of minutes.

As what MAN Flyer and Desert Traveller said, one needs to take the train to the boarding gate and that takes about 20min end-to-end. And the A380 does board quite early and you do get better champagne on-board.

Sorry - I have no pictures to share as I had only 10min there that I used to change out of my warm clothings at the loo apart from a quick look-around.

Verdict - don't bother with either. If I was not short of time, I may enjoy a hot chocolate at Springli instead. Proabably more enjoyable.

Comment

Panorama lounge is a joke. I was disgusted when I was transiting zrh recently. No shower either.
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I generally use the Swiss senator lounge with the long cocktail bar. It is very decent and the food served in the restaurant area is also very nice.

U can see pictures of the lounge on the following site:
                    http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...lounge-zurich/

Comment

The SEN lounge has the best croissants I have ever come across in a lounge, as good as those from my neighborhood boulangerie in Paris

Comment

Hi,

May I enquire when I fly from Zurich on SIA Suites, will I be able to use the SWISS Senator Lounge or SWISS Business Lounge when departing Zurich?

TIA!

Comment

Yes to both. SEN is the one you're after. Although I'm not sure if LX will allow F lounge entrance on an R boarding pass. One would think they *should*...

Comment

Thanks, got-it!

Btw, do they differentiate between paid F/R vs saver F/R for lounge access?

Cheers,

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Yes to both. SEN is the one you're after. Although I'm not sure if LX will allow F lounge entrance on an R boarding pass. One would think they *should*...

Comment

Shouldn't be any discrimination.

Comment

Working...
                              X