LHR SKL Raffles side to be refurbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHR SKL Raffles side to be refurbed

Nothing major as they are moving terminals within the next two years but it could do with a lick of paint up there.

Wot? Moving terminals? I might just miss T3 almost as much as the 744...

Comment

All they need to change is the same old chicken tikka masala they serve for dinner.

Comment

The seats are also dirty

Comment

Just saw this. Do you know when this is happening and whether the whole lounge will be closed?

The SAS lounge is ok (faster wifi), but SQ lounge is (usually) more peaceful and nicer food, although it hasn't been the same since the room was halved to make way for the upper floor arrival passage

Comment

Deleted by user
            Last edited by gookia2000; 26 October 2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gookia2000 View Post
              BUT please don't take away the showers!!!
              Agreed!!!

Comment

Facebook tells me the lounge will be closed from June 18 until July 15, and check-in staff will "advise at check-in on the alternative facilities available". VS Clubhouse, anyone? (wishful thinking, I know, I know..)

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                  . VS Clubhouse, anyone? (wishful thinking, I know, I know..)
                  Very wishful, unfortunately. The alternative lounges are the SK/London Lounge down the hall and the No. 1 Traveller lounge.

Comment

SQ's interim lounge will be ... drumroll.... No1 Traveller.

Comment

Deleted by user
                      Last edited by gookia2000; 26 October 2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

FYI: Singapore Airlines closes Heathrow lounge "for aesthetic facelift"

"The London Heathrow First and Business Class SilverKris Lounges in Terminal 3 are scheduled to undergo refurbishment from 18 June, which are expected to be completed by 15 July 2012," a Singapore Airlines spokesperson explained to Australian Business Traveller.

The SQ rep promised that "the lounge is currently scheduled to reopen on 16 July. Both lounges will get an aesthetic face-lift, including minor changes to the layout and replacement of furniture."

While the SilverKris lounges get their refurb, SQ's business and first class passengers and high-tier frequent flyers will have access to the No 1 Traveller lounge, which we rate as perhaps the worst lounge in T3.

Comment

Why not the SK London Lounge?

Comment

Am on SQ319 now waiting for departure. Was directed to the SAS London lounge by the check in agent. (although she did ask her collegue which lounge should I be instructed to) at the entry to the lounge there was a tally sheet showing about 30 passengers entered on each SQ flight, so I guess it's divided between it and No1 travellers.

Comment

As I seem to recall seeing up thread, the alternative lounges are the SK Lounge and No 1 Traveller.

Comment

Working...
                              X