SIN T2 Lounges Undergoing Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    Now they just need to take out the trash in Customer Service...
    Agree....

By the way, there is no more slumberette room in this new lounge. That area now belongs to "Staff Only".

Gotta go board my delayed SQ408 now.
    Last edited by UMD; 28 November 2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics UMD.
      Seems like they do listen to some of the customers feedback (re the lounge).
      Do I see more natural lights there near the buffet? Also, good to see facing armchairs in the new lounge.

Comment

I am in the new J lounge at T2 now. Feels very much similar to the T3 J lounge. The interior design is almost identical. I still prefer the lounge in T3 though. More spacious.

With the re- opening of the J lounge, there goes the "un-deserved" perk of having F class lounge food when flying J.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          And it is incredibly nicer than the F section lounge in T3. Good job, SQ! There is a little section for dining as well and several meeting rooms inside.
          In here now and would agree with this. A big improvement, which granted wasn't hard such was the way they had just let it slide prior to the refurb. Still, I am quick enough to criticise them so fairs fair, this is a very nice place now.

Having said that.........., it is a bit disappointing to see the quiet corner at the far side has now gone and even though we still have a manned bar here he goes at 9pm. I could have sworn it used to be 21:30 but he said it was always 21:00.

Oh for the good old days, sat in here until well after 22:00 being served Krug or Dom prior to getting SQ328 home.....

Comment

Well I am here now, and its nice and all but at 5pm the dining area is too full.
            Some of the lights are broken and flickering on/off and they "have noted" my feedback.

The food trays are mostly empty, they can't keep up with the consumption. In the 45 minutes I have been here they have removed several items and the menu is getting ever smaller. I can only imagine they are switching to an evening menu?! What is left is cold already...very poor catering for SKL I think.

And the coffee is dreadful. All the nice wallpaper in the world doesn't make up for poor coffee...

Comment

Is that the J or F lounge? They're probably gearing up to serve dinner...

Comment

Its Awful

I was in the T2F class lounge last week. I seldom go because I try to arrive at the airport late, but was transiting and had an hour to spare.

My basis for comparison, not unreasonably I think, are CX HK lounges, BA LHR and QF's Syd/Mel. All have table service for food, all have a wide selection of wines/beers, all have designed by interior designers who have a sense of what frequent travelers are after and a sense of style (although I admit, this is in in the eye of the beholder.

in T2 the decor looks like it has been designed by the marketing department. Red vinyl chairs from the 50's, carpet designed to hide the dirt and plenty of low cost marble.

Don't they realize people carry PC's. If so, why on earth put power plugs under the faux wood tables? And there are no printers.

The food was cold and looked like it came straight from Newton Circus. And half of it was not there. have a beer, if its tiger, or wine is a warm white for $20 per bottle at Cold Storage.

The QR J lounge in Doha is streets ahead.

Comment

Renovated Silver Kris Lounge in Changi T2

Hello All,

I am wondering, with the completed Silver Kris lounge renovations in Changi Airport's T2, what do you guys think? Pictures appreciated and of course, comments too!

Apologies Mods, I appear to have posted in the wrong thread. If you could shift it to the lounge discussion thread that would be good!
                  Last edited by coffeeblack; 23 December 2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                    Apologies Mods, I appear to have posted in the wrong thread. If you could shift it to the lounge discussion thread that would be good!
                    Done.

Comment

Originally posted by sqkiwi View Post
                      The QR J lounge in Doha is streets ahead.
                      While I have long maintained SKL's are poor for the standard of the airline itself, I can't agree with that. While I accept that there are a number of lounges better than the SKL F's, the QR J lounge is definitely not one of them.

Comment

Was in the T2 SKL J lounge around breakfast time the other day.

Seating near the buffet was packed like a wedding banquet

And like a wedding banquet, ended up taking my plate of food further inside the cavern.
                        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I'm here now. Not many people and it's rather cozy. Decor wise, I prefer this then the dull plasticky and cheap appearance of the newer CX lounges. But then it's a matter of taste.

Comment

Thinking of going in Thursday night for dinner before heading into town.

Haven't been in there for ages so I'm wondering how extensive the food selection is, compared to the T3 one

MTIA

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              Haven't been in there for ages so I'm wondering how extensive the food selection is, compared to the T3 one

MTIA
                              It's the same.

Comment

I visited both T3 and T2 SKF lounges about same time last week evening and T2 was packed.

I find the layout a wee bit too claustrophobic and there was this errr... smell. T3 for me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X