SIN T2 Lounges Undergoing Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I cannot for the life of me understand what made them think this was a good idea.
    The axiom, "new is better" !

Comment

I forgot but can Elite Gold member who are travelling in Silkair Economy use the SIA Elite Gold lounge in T2 or T3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        I have one good thing to say about the T2 SKL.

On Friday night, the food spread was awesome.
        Kyo, I always assumed that they served the same food in T3 and T2. Would you say that the spread is better in T2 now?

Is the new T2 J lounge better to hang out than T3, given the renovations? Most of my travels depart from T3 and I wonder if the trip is worth the effort.

Comment

I'd say it is too early to say that was anything more than a once-off. Give me a few more months of testing and I'll have a verdict

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I'd say it is too early to say that was anything more than a once-off. Give me a few more months of testing and I'll have a verdict
            Haha... do you need a few months? It may add a few feet to your waistline.

I'll check out the two lounges next week if I can get to the airport early enuf but time is so tight, sigh.

Comment

Have visited the new SKL J T2 several times, and happy to report that I think it is indeed a real enhancement.
              Nice ambience similar to SKL J T3, feeling of space. Much better food selection than before.
              A couple of SKL ladies going around the lounge to offer tea/coffee & snacks from the trolley during my visit.
              Restrooms are also enhanced to be similar to T3 style, but can be better (not a fan of separated toilet/shower).

Now looking forward to the new F side.

Comment

First visit to the new T2 SKL. Have to say that it's light years away from the dump it used to be. Wonder why it took CCS & his croonies years to bring it up to spec?

However when compared to the T3 SKL, it still feels tight and claustrophobic (low ceiling clearance of T2 in general). Can get a little stuffy once the place starts filling up as well.
                Last edited by Nick C; 12 September 2011, 07:56 AM. Reason: More thoughts.

Comment

I visited SKL in SIN on Aug 30.
                  Last edited by AC 777-200LR; 12 September 2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Typing this from one corner of the SKL t2 j = I will be the first to say it...... I don't like it because it does not feel like "home" the way the previous SKL used to feel to me. But that's just me

99% of the other people will say it's a really good enhancement because it really is (I'm just sounding like an old grumpy maid cause they took my smoking rooms away).

Comment

Some pics of the new SKL T2 for your enjoyment

Comment

Thanks for the pics! Looks somewhat like the SKL in Hong Kong.

Comment

Terminal 2's SKL renovations are now complete and have re-opened at noon today (i.e., Monday, 28 Nov 2011)

Comment

And it is incredibly nicer than the F section lounge in T3. Good job, SQ! There is a little section for dining as well and several meeting rooms inside.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                              And it is incredibly nicer than the F section lounge in T3. Good job, SQ! There is a little section for dining as well and several meeting rooms inside.
                              Now they just need to take out the trash in Customer Service...

Comment

Pics, please, UMD...

Comment

Working...
                                X