Clear All

Lunch box...

Children's headphones and sockettes...

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Lunch box...

Children's headphones and sockettes...

More on these on SQ website:
      Singapore Airlines Introduces Cartoon Network Lunch Boxes For Junior Travellers
      30 September 2008

From 1 October 2008, in conjunction with Children’s Day, Singapore Airlines will be serving children’s meals with specially designed lunch boxes adorned with highly popular characters from Cartoon Network shows such as PowerPuff Girls and Ben 10. Our junior travellers will also be able to take their lunch boxes home with them at the end of their flight.

Available on all flights with a duration of 7 hours or more, the special lunch box will contain all-time children’s favourites such as burgers, chicken nuggets and spaghetti with meatballs, which are available on Singapore Airlines children’s “Book-The-Cook” programme, Yummy. In addition, drinks will be served in an attractive, children-friendly paper cup, also dressed in Cartoon Network livery. The lunch box will be introduced on flights departing from Singapore from 1 October and for flights departing from all other destinations from 1 November.

Other junior-oriented options that will be introduced on selected flights include children-size sockettes, and, from later on in the year, colourful children-size headphones.

Children will also continue to enjoy the much-loved Cartoon Network giveaways available on all Singapore Airlines flights (with the exception of the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur vv services). The giveaways, which include activity kits and plush toys, are catered to various age groups and are regularly refreshed to provide our junior travellers with the “latest” in the market.

Further enhancing their inflight experience is the wide range of entertainment options available on the new KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines’ inflight entertainment system. This includes the specially dedicated Young Ones section, featuring Cartoon Network shows such as Ben 10, Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi and many others.

Junior flyers can also tune in to the children’s audio channel and listen to audio stories as well as the latest selection of children’s music, which include albums such as Camp Rock and The Jonas Brothers. They can also watch the most current children’s movies such as Speed Racer and Kung Fu Panda. In addition, they can enjoy one of the largest games selections in the sky, which include popular games such as Bookworm Deluxe! and Mojo Muncho.
      Next: kids PJs in F?

Comment

My favourite toys which were distributed by SQ was about 6/7 years ago when they used to hand out dark blue boxes which first contained a simple assembly 747 toy. They also had 777-200. I used to love those but I found them hard to assemble and often ended up with a scratch or 2 on my hands.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Any chance of my picking up 4 bears for the grandkids in coming F long-haul flights? I've been living in my ignorant adult world and had no idea the treasure behind me. I'd gladly give up those extra bottles of Ferragamo. How pitiful does one have to be?

Comment

A warm welcome to SQTalk to you, cnxj.

No pitiful looks on your part is necessary, cnxj, if that's what you meant. The cabin crew will try their best, from my experience. But I'm not sure about 4 bears. That might depend on the demand for them from other pax, and on how many were loaded. I've received up to 2 (in J on LHR-SIN, in F on SIN-MNL).
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by cnxj View Post
              Any chance of my picking up 4 bears for the grandkids in coming F long-haul flights? I've been living in my ignorant adult world and had no idea the treasure behind me. I'd gladly give up those extra bottles of Ferragamo. How pitiful does one have to be?
              Hi cnxj, 4 is probably not a number the crew can work with. There aren't many to begin with. They'll be wondering what this passenger wants with 4 teddies.

But it helps to let them know nicely at the begining of the flight ( when they're not busy with their duties of course) that you'll really appreciate it should they have any stock left. Flights into Sin do not need to keep remaining stock and they'll be more than happy to oblige if you're bringing a few home for the grandkids.
              www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Thanks.. (and for the welcome)... Please pardon the enthusiasm. I have enough SQ trips ahead to accommodate the brood without appearing too greedy.... given a little forethought and perhaps less attention to the beverage menu.

Great fun to discover this site.

Comment

What Kind of Toys or Stuffed Animals do they have now on SQ.

I know what Snoopy is and remember the old Peanuts Cartoons too.It would be a dark day If they dropped those instead for Southpark Characters

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                    What Kind of Toys or Stuffed Animals do they have now on SQ.

I know what Snoopy is and remember the old Peanuts Cartoons too.It would be a dark day If they dropped those instead for Southpark Characters
                    I haven't seen Snoopy for a while.

At present:
                    SQ Teddy Bears with blue or white shirts.
                    Kids Next Door soft toys and activity packs

Comment

Ben10 watch & (dont knw wat) plush toy my boy received on SQ227 SIN-MEL 26 Nov. Was also offered on rtn SQ238 but turned these down [only found time to do this now]

close up of watch, and back-face
                      Last edited by jammed; 10 December 2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Cartoon Network is vulgar and teaches children repulsive slang terms. Has anyone actually listened in?
                        Serious dumbing-downage, even for cartoons.
                        Most of our friends won't allow their children to watch it, full stop.

I don't understand why an ASIAN airline needs to use completely western-themed cartoons. How about some cartoon characters from Japan, Taiwan, Korea?

At least Snoopy and Peanuts are child-themed.

Hello Kitty and family?
                        Doraemon?
                        Even Siao Mi Fong (yes, I'm showing my age here) would be nice!
                        Last edited by flyingfox; 11 December 2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

my boy - he's comin 3 - didnt bother with the toys at all, cant stir up his interest, hence we didnt take up the same offer on the return flight. Boy's more interested in a A380 model wife and i bot him sometime ago, and i thot SQ wld have been more spot-on giving - at least for boys - a model plane in SQ livery for the occasion, even a cheapo one.

agree with you on cartoon network - my boy's on Thomas, Vegetales, Bob the builder, at least for now

Comment

On SQ327 (MAN-SIN) yesterday they had the teddy bears with the SQ T-shirts as well as the Ben10 watch...
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

c class right? we were in Y for personal holiday la

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                                c class right? we were in Y for personal holiday la
                                Sorry just saw this.... Yup was in C...
                                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                                X