Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's known as the "glass half full strategy"

Comment

Flew SQ 11 last month and got 2 amenity kits, 1 LAX-NRT and 1 NRT-SIN, also received 2 PJs.

Flew SQ 602 as well and received both amenity kit and PJs.

Comment

I like the look of this one StarG. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by indo79 View Post
          Flew SQ 11 last month and got 2 amenity kits, 1 LAX-NRT and 1 NRT-SIN, also received 2 PJs.
          Keep one, sell the other on ebay?

--mcz

Comment

I am glad to know. So the tradition on SQ 11 still does exist and continue.

Originally posted by mczlaw View Post
            Keep one, sell the other on ebay?
            --mcz
            Keep one set, and the other set will be the gift for fellow SQTalkers or friends ...

Comment

Flew SQ 602 as well and received both amenity kit and PJs.
              I thought the rule is one kit but two PJs for a two sector flight with the same number? We only received one kit per pax for SQ12 SIN-LAX.
              You were lucky to get two kits for SQ11!

Oh, by the way, welcome to SQTalk, indo79.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

Keep one set, and the other set will be the gift for fellow SQTalkers or friends ...

hmm, 1 set went to my dad, 1 went to my mom, and 1 I kept

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                I thought the rule is one kit but two PJs for a two sector flight with the same number? We only received one kit per pax for SQ12 SIN-LAX.
                Hmm not sure, LAX-NRT was 6/12 and 5 of us continued on to SIN and all 5 of us got a 2nd kit. My buddy who flew the same route 1 week later also got 2 kits. Did something change?

The menu did not feature caviar though

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  For SQ12, the SIN-NRT sector does not offer sleeper suit or toiletry kit, as it's a day flight of around 6 hours only. (I just got off that flight today, and the crew would not provide either of the 2 items, which they claim are only loaded at NRT for the NRT-LAX sector. On this flight, Kris World did not work in my and several other F seats, and they did not get my special meal right. Not one of my better SQ flights...)

For SQ11, both sectors, LAX-NRT & NRT-SIN offer sleeper suit and toiletry kit. That's why one could get two sets if flying both sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                    For SQ12, the SIN-NRT sector does not offer sleeper suit or toiletry kit, as it's a day flight of around 6 hours only. (I just got off that flight today, and the crew would not provide either of the 2 items, which they claim are only loaded at NRT for the NRT-LAX sector. On this flight, Kris World did not work in my and several other F seats, and they did not get my special meal right. Not one of my better SQ flights...)

For SQ11, both sectors, LAX-NRT & NRT-SIN offer sleeper suit and toiletry kit. That's why one could get two sets if flying both sectors.
                    We actually received our kits SIN-NRT. The family sitting in front of us, going only SIN-NRT, also received their kits then. I don't know why they didn't give you one.

Comment

My mom is blur like a sotong so my facts might not be straight.

According to her, no PJs on SQ12. A kit might have been given to her but we're not sure. It's a white pouch with bottles? Is that the kit? Anyway, she says she has left the white pouch with bottles on the plane because 1) the FA did not tell her it was for her, and 2) she has no use for them and 3) we do not need any more little bottles in the house! I told her she could have some use for the perfume at least!

Anyway, even if PJs were issued, she would not have taken it. She and my brother think PJs are the airlines' properties and taking them would be the same as stealing!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        My mom is blur like a sotong so my facts might not be straight.

According to her, no PJs on SQ12. A kit might have been given to her but we're not sure. It's a white pouch with bottles? Is that the kit? Anyway, she says she has left the white pouch with bottles on the plane because 1) the FA did not tell her it was for her, and 2) she has no use for them and 3) we do not need any more little bottles in the house! I told her she could have some use for the perfume at least!

Anyway, even if PJs were issued, she would not have taken it. She and my brother think PJs are the airlines' properties and taking them would be the same as stealing!
                        Phaleesy darling....

After seeing your post....i agree that you mum is a sotong... or maybe not....or she is driving you to become one as well

Yes, the ladies F kit is a white pouch. Based on what you have written....yes its the amenity kit. If she think its not for her, she shouldnt have opened the kit bag in the first place. But having said that...she opened it and saw bottles.....and didnt take that bag coz of (2) she has no use for them and (3) we do not need any more bottles in the house. So she KNEW she can take it, but chose not to. So you have answered your own question actually

Try showing her this picture....

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=64

You will get your answer.

PJ should be issued on that flight as ascertained by the regular flyers on that route (and as posted here). If she thinks its airlines' property, then its not surprising that they took NOTHING off that flight.

Hope thay had enjoyed their F experience beside the part on PJ and amenity kits..

Rgds
                        J777
                        Last edited by Jubilee777; 28 December 2008, 03:07 AM.

Comment

She's all set to fly NH and JL, then.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                            After seeing your post....i agree that you mum is a sotong... or maybe not....or she is driving you to become one as well

Yes, the ladies F kit is a white pouch. Based on what you have written....yes its the amenity kit. If she think its not for her, she shouldnt have opened the kit bag in the first place....

Hope thay had enjoyed their F experience beside the part on PJ and amenity kits..
                            J777, you've assumed too much from what I've written. My brother was not travelling with us. He's not impressed with SQ F from previous flights. He's a NH guy.

My mom did not touch or open the kit. She guessed that there would be bottles of goodies inside because my brother and I had briefed her prior to the flight. I am guessing that she was given the kit (with the bottles of goodies) based on what she told me - a cream bag placed on the side (near the screen or somewhere?). Mom is not very specific when she speaks (and so am I ).

The truth is she was not sure if she could take the kit. Based on what she's told me, the FA just 'dumped' it at the side without addressing her. Personally I think a comment such as 'Ms XXX/Mdm XXX, this kit is for you' would be more polite and would suffice. But apparently, there was no verbal exchange between them. Sounds like the pile of work your work colleagues would dump at your side at work, expecting you to know it's for you. Unimpressed.

As for PJs, they were definitely not distributed to the passengers SIN-NRT. Mom heard a gentleman asking for them specifically. Anyway, mom reckons that PJs are only necessary for the NRT-LAX passengers. (SQ should really employ her since she's so penny pinching on behalf of SQ!) She and my brother share the NH mentality, so no 'stealing' PJs!

Well, I never said I was particularly bright. Girls take after their mothers after all, so ...

OT comment, I was eavesdropping to a Japanese lady and her male (gaijin) companion over lunch this afternoon. She was telling her male friend what a good mother she would be (she takes after her mother, mother was very good with kids, etc etc), then in the next sentence she asked him if he loves her! Silly woman, how could she be such an embarrassment to women?!

Comment

Old kits were provided on SQ218 (13/12) and SQ227 (14/12), SQ218 (26/12) and SQ217 (28/12)

Got a new black kit on SQ15 (27/12). No kit on SQ16 (26/12).

Comment

J777, you've assumed too much from what I've written.
                                I would like to know what have I assumed??

Comment

Working...
                                X