No announcement yet.

Amenity Kit : SQ F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ LPP: I'm planning to take SQ602 which departs at 2350, so it's definitely a night flight I'm just praying to the gods that the equipment is a 744 as currently shown, not the dreaded 773 non-ER!

taipeiflyer: So I guess they don't load 1 male and 1 female per passenger so that s/he can choose? I was about to say "and anyway, how do they know whether you're male or female?" then realised... "duh!!!"

Obviously it's been far too long since I've last been on a flight...!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      I talked the crew. They said that probably SQ has more stock on M size. Thus, still loads the tan/mustard color for M, but dark brown for the rest. No need to wait till open it up. You can peek inside.
      I talked to the crew as well about this when given the dark brown PJs. The LSS told me this new colour was because of A380. I don't think she knows, but at least it sounds like something plausible to an average pax.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
        I talked to the crew as well about this when given the dark brown PJs. The LSS told me this new colour was because of A380. I don't think she knows, but at least it sounds like something plausible to an average pax.
        But I saw the Suite pax on A380 wearing the tan/mustard coloured ones, not the dark brown.

Comment

Got a pair of new Brown coloured PJ's for SIN-AKL then tan ones for SIN-FRA. So there is currently a mixture of both at the moment while they presumably phase the tan ones out.

Apologies if I've missed mention of this (likely !!) but has anyone else seen the 'new' F eye shades ?. They are brown ones, no idea if they have trickled down from the Suites or not, but they're better than the others. Got new ones for SIN-CMB then the blue for SIN-AKL-SIN and then gold ones for SIN-FRA, so again a mixture.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 7 April 2008, 05:56 AM. Reason: Colour blind..

Comment

If it is dark brown suede kind eyeshade, it was introduced at the inaugural 77W December 2006.

Comment

If it is dark brown suede kind eyeshade, it was introduced at the inaugural 77W December 2006.
              I think you meant velvet-kind?

Comment

Only Female kit available on SQ25 JFK-FRA on 30 Mar

Just took SQ26 SIN-FRA 28Mar, and this what I got, plus brown pajamas

And then from SQ25 JFK-FRA 30Mar, I got this red pouch, the Female version (and the whole male and female in the cabin got the red one, without any grey one being offered), and the LSS didn't say anything, just " This is your amenity kit, Sir". And this time I got a mustard colour pajamas (after I asked for it to LSS )

Now I have both set of them.....

Comment

If I am not mistaken, the previous set were dark brown for male and dark red for female.
                  The new set would be grey for male and tan/creme for female.

Thus, in the previous post picture, the grey is the newer version, and the red is the older version.

Note: The Suite pax gets different one.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, the previous set were dark brown for male and dark red for female.
                    The new set would be grey for male and tan/creme for female.

Thus, in the previous post picture, the grey is the newer version, and the red is the older version.

Note: The Suite pax gets different one.
                    hmmm...
                    So..... what I got are 1 new version of male kit (grey) and 1 old version of female kit (dark red)?
                    Thanks SQ LPP for the information....
                    BTW, on SQ637 NRT-SIN, will there any amenity kit or pajamas distributed?

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      hmmm...
                      So..... what I got are 1 new version of male kit (grey) and 1 old version of female kit (dark red)?
                      Thanks SQ LPP for the information....
                      BTW, on SQ637 NRT-SIN, will there any amenity kit or pajamas distributed?
                      Yes amenity kit and pajamas will be distributed on SQ 637.

Comment

If you are flying F from SIN-LAX will you get 2 kits and pajamas?
                        (1 from SIN-NRT, and 1 NRT-LAX?)

I'm flying this route in a couple of months.. can't wait to get my hands on those!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
                          If you are flying F from SIN-LAX will you get 2 kits and pajamas?
                          (1 from SIN-NRT, and 1 NRT-LAX?)

I'm flying this route in a couple of months.. can't wait to get my hands on those!
                          I think they'll only give you one. SIN-NRT may be considered a daytime flight, so no PJ's given the 6-hour duration. They might not even load them in SIN but rather wait to load them in NRT. Even if loaded on both, I don't think they'll give you two sets unless there are many extras available.

Comment

While I like the Ferragamo products, I think the liquid lip balm has a problem. They're undoubtedly manufactured at normal pressure, perhaps near sea level. When you unscrew the cap at altitude, the higher pressure in the vial relative to the pressurized cabin forces the liquid out, making a mess. You have to use up a fair amount of it until it will stop doing that.

At least, I think it's a pressure thing. Maybe someone has another explanation. In any case, it has come gushing out on me many times. Minor flaw.

Comment

Such an issue would indeed be caused by the reduction in pressure at altitude as you suggest (i.e. fixed higher pressure contained within the tube pushing against the contents and forcing them out into the lower pressure cabin environment) - especially because the contents will settle towards the cap end. I'd suggest upending the tube and tapping the cap sharply a couple of times to re-settle the contents towards the crimped end before unscrewing the cap. Either that, or hold the tube and give it a couple of sharp flicks of the wrist in the correct direction.

Albeit without specific F experience so far I've utilised this method with success in similar situations!

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                                I think they'll only give you one. SIN-NRT may be considered a daytime flight, so no PJ's given the 6-hour duration. They might not even load them in SIN but rather wait to load them in NRT. Even if loaded on both, I don't think they'll give you two sets unless there are many extras available.
                                Agree that one doesn't get two sets of PJ's on a two-sector flight.

However, I received PJ's on the daytime NRT-SIN on SQ 637, so it's likely that pax on SQ 12 should get them for the SIN-NRT sector.

Comment

Working...
                                X