No announcement yet.

You be the judge! Unacceptable SQ F class vegetarian meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately SQ really needs to buck up their SPML department and teach them (really) a thing or two about special meals.

I stopped ordering SPML for myself out of SIN cos they're usually crap. My last SPML was when I was travelling with a friend who is celiac and it was also a F flight ex-SIN to BKK.

Everything was boiled ! Boiled fish, boiled potatoes, boiled beans. It was absolutely tasteless. They gave us bread.. and there was nothing indicating that it was gluten free bread so we gave it a miss. They even included salad dressing with big bold letters on it that says "Contains Gluten".

At least in BKK and HKG, it is stated that the bread is gluten free and made of rice! And its yummy! But alas for SATS, they're just clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
      I seldom come across good food from the SATS catering, but this time round, they were indeed going a little too far .
      Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Unfortunately SQ really needs to buck up their SPML department and teach them (really) a thing or two about special meals.

I stopped ordering SPML for myself out of SIN cos they're usually crap. My last SPML was when I was travelling with a friend who is celiac and it was also a F flight ex-SIN to BKK.

Everything was boiled ! Boiled fish, boiled potatoes, boiled beans. It was absolutely tasteless. They gave us bread.. and there was nothing indicating that it was gluten free bread so we gave it a miss. They even included salad dressing with big bold letters on it that says "Contains Gluten".

At least in BKK and HKG, it is stated that the bread is gluten free and made of rice! And its yummy! But alas for SATS, they're just clueless.
      I agree with both of you. I've never had good food from SATS - opposite is to be said for HKG and NRT...

Comment

Not to be too harsh, but you were given a great opportunity to complain to the Flight Attendants there and then, and you chose not to utilise it? If the meal really was so bad, if you had told them there and then, perhaps something could be worked out?

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
          Not to be too harsh, but you were given a great opportunity to complain to the Flight Attendants there and then, and you chose not to utilise it? If the meal really was so bad, if you had told them there and then, perhaps something could be worked out?
          Cabin crew really can't do anything other than apologise and try to find something.. but SQ doesn't really offer a vegetarian choice automatically.

SATS is the problem here. They really have no imagination beyond what is the norm... and they have a problem understanding what is vegetarian and what is for example, gluten! Sometimes cabin crew doesn't even know the word 'gluten'. They think its anything carbohyrdate like !

Comment

Update: From experience, do not order VLML. Try VOML - Vegetarian Oriental Meal... even ex-SIN , the meals are quite decent.

I ordered VOML on SGN-SIN in J and it was quite nice (catered from SIN) .... sorry , no pics. But it was a pleasant chinese/bak choi rice dish as main course, and tofu salad for starter.

Comment

SATS recently revamped the SPML menu in May, so you should expect better selections....

Comment

I've ordered my usual VOML for my SYD-SIN flight next week. Will see how that pans out ...

PS - don't order VGML / GFML in one go from BKK. TG's caterers think all I want are raw salads and steam vegetables!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  TG's caterers think all I want are raw salads and steam vegetables!!
                  You must have shown them the bunny ears I lent you!

Comment

Working...
                  X