Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainanese Chicken Rice

Comment

• Since Peranakan Meals seem to have been permanent BTC pictures, will start posting here instead on the Peranakan thread.

Itek Siow

Verdict
      Great flavour, but I wish there was more sauce ....

Comment

• Nonya Nasi Padang

Verdict
        Every part of it is really delicious except for the slightly-dried out mutton. The chilli is exceptionally shiok. It's the same one for the keropoks in the Peranakan selection. I wish they would sell it!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyneurone View Post
          Beef Sukiyaki with steamed rice

Have seen various presentations posted online: swimming in sauce, rolled up, ... mine came braised/stew style with just enough sauce. Rice seemed to be of Japanese short-grain variety - good even on its own. Beef was tender though streaked with fats.
          That's the strangest presentation I've seen. My how things have changed!

Originally posted by BerryFusion View Post
          Grilled Beef Steak with Baked Potatoes

BTC-ed ex ZRH on September 30, 2015
          Is it me or are the platings getting sadder and sadder?
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            That's the strangest presentation I've seen. My how things have changed!

Is it me or are the platings getting sadder and sadder?
            It isn't just you . I was also missing the young vegetables that come along with this BTC dish - ok, one piece of baby asparagus and half a cherry tomato were underneath..

Comment

• October / SIN-SFO-SIN

Itek Siow (BTC ex-SIN-SFO)

As SQueeze posted, this dish had great flavor and it was a tasty and authentic meal. Strangely I didn't get the crackers though which SQueeze had ...

Grilled Beef with Chimichurri and Roasted Potatoes (menu ex-ICN-SFO)

Why oh why did I order a steak when I knew better from past experiences ... enough said.

At least I made up for the disappointing steak with good ole IN-N-OUT

Selection of Dim Sum (menu ex-HKG-SIN)

I was thinking I can't go wrong with dim sum catering ex-HKG and I was right. Delicious! Prawn dumpling, pork dumpling, asparagus dumpling, steamed glutinous rice with dried shrimp and chicken. Chilli was nice and spicy but too salty for me.

Comment

• Worst BTC I ever had

On SQ 11 LAX-NRT , Steamed crab ravioli in creamy lobster sauce with mixed vegetables:

I ended up with an additional order of Hanakoireki:

Comment

• Thanks for this @SilverKrisSRG!

Wanted to order the crab ravioli. What do you recommend for BTC ex-LAX? The sea bass?

Comment

• Going on my first J ticket to NRT soon! Any recommendations for BTC Ex-Sin? I doubt i will be craving Nasi padang or the like when I leave Sin...

What about recommendations ex-HND? Or shld i just stick with the default menu?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                      Thanks for this @SilverKrisSRG!

Wanted to order the crab ravioli. What do you recommend for BTC ex-LAX? The sea bass?
                      Dude, recommendations were given here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6011

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
                      Going on my first J ticket to NRT soon! Any recommendations for BTC Ex-Sin? I doubt i will be craving Nasi padang or the like when I leave Sin...

What about recommendations ex-HND? Or shld i just stick with the default menu?

Thanks!
                      Likewise. Have peek: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6011 There's some good info there.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                        Thanks for this @SilverKrisSRG!

Definitely don't order crab ravioli, I would suggest Beef Sukiyaki ... very tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                          Definitely don't order crab ravioli, I would suggest Beef Sukiyaki ... very tasty.
                          Else you can just drop your BTC order and choose from the menu on board, they had Seared Lamb Loi, Roast Duck Cantonese Style and Sautéed Seafood... and of course The Hanakoireki.

I alse ordered for the delectables The Vegetarian noodles in between , also nice to have. The Kitsune Udon was finished when I requested

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                            Else you can just drop your BTC order and choose from the menu on board, they had Seared Lamb Loi, Roast Duck Cantonese Style and Sautéed Seafood... and of course The Hanakoireki.

I alse ordered for the delectables The Vegetarian noodles in between , also nice to have. The Kitsune Udon was finished when I requested

Thanks Silverkris!

Comment

• Grilled Chilean Seabass
                              On New England style clam and mussel chowder, served with ciabatta crouton

Verdict
                              Fish was a bit on the small size but fresh and moist. Clams and mussels were very rich and flavourful, which some may like but I am not a fan. The sauce was thick and rich. Overall a really heavy dish, I wish there were more carbs to reduce the intensity of the dish. Crouton was missing in my dish.

Comment

• Seared Chilean bass with creamy saffron sauce, baby vegetables and wild rice ex-LAX; SQ 11.

Too little sauce.

Comment

Working...
                                X