Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise'
    With haricot vert, olives, kalamata olives, cherry tomato and anchovy butter. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Suzanne Goin

One of the better BTCs so far. Had a low expectation as fish and meat dishes tend to dry out on board. But this fish was moist, and the skin was super crispy which provided a very nice contrast. The overall flavour was simple, and fresh. Really good. Will order again.
    SQueeze, nice photo!
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Hey guys

I have a flight in a few days CAI-SIN in J. I heard the quality of the catering varies a lot by country and also if the route is high yielding or otherwise. Would you recommend using BTC on this route?

The BTC options given were quite different from what was recently posted too. They were:
      Breast of chicken with avacado
      Grilled scallops with dill pesto
      Hamour fish wrapped in veal bacon
      Iranian chicken and lamb kofta
      Pan fried salmon with jasmin rice
      Prawn machbous

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        Hey guys

I have a flight in a few days CAI-SIN in J. I heard the quality of the catering varies a lot by country and also if the route is high yielding or otherwise. Would you recommend using BTC on this route?

The BTC options given were quite different from what was recently posted too. They were:
        Breast of chicken with avacado
        Grilled scallops with dill pesto
        Hamour fish wrapped in veal bacon
        Iranian chicken and lamb kofta
        Pan fried salmon with jasmin rice
        Prawn machbous
        for CAIDXB you will get a choice of Seared tournedoes of Beef (ICP dish) or Panfried perch fillet or braised chicken w mushroom in oyster sauce.

Strangely enough
        DXBSIN will also net you the Seared Tournedos of Beef as well, or braised chicken w spring onion and gigner, or pan roasted grouper w tomato caper sauce or lamb and vegetable salona for dinner

Breakfast will be braised egg noodle or egg fritata or pancakes

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
          for CAIDXB you will get a choice of Seared tournedoes of Beef (ICP dish) or Panfried perch fillet or braised chicken w mushroom in oyster sauce.

Strangely enough
          DXBSIN will also net you the Seared Tournedos of Beef as well, or braised chicken w spring onion and gigner, or pan roasted grouper w tomato caper sauce or lamb and vegetable salona for dinner

Breakfast will be braised egg noodle or egg fritata or pancakes
          Thanks for sharing.
          I think I'll go with the onboard menu instead of BTCing

Comment

• Steamed Chinese Herbal Chicken

I was hoping that this would be served in a big bowl with the chicken swimming in the goodness of nourishing herb-infused soup, but I was wrong.

Chicken was tender and de-boned, which was a really thoughtful touch.

Comment

• Does anyone have any experience with BTC Kyo Kaiseki for breakfast? From other posters, it seems that there should be four courses for lunch/dinner/supper. However, IIRC it seems to be an abbreviated version for breakfast (two courses). Anyone tried it before? Thanks!

Comment

• It's abbreviated, yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose View Post
                  Steamed Chinese Herbal Chicken

I was hoping that this would be served in a big bowl with the chicken swimming in the goodness of nourishing herb-infused soup, but I was wrong.

Chicken was tender and de-boned, which was a really thoughtful touch.
                  Other than tender and de-boned, most importantly, is it tasty?
                  Thinking of booking this for grandma.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    Other than tender and de-boned, most importantly, is it tasty?
                    Thinking of booking this for grandma.
                    You know what they say about one man's meat is one man's poison. I had it once and I polished the plate. It's standard herbal chicken with a good dose of thickish gravy rather than soupy. The mushroom sides were nice and fresh. To me it's one of the better Asian dishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      It's abbreviated, yup.
                      Thanks for the info. So for say lunch in F, Kyo Kaiseki > Japanese Meal (JPMLM)?

Comment

• Haven't ordered JPMLM but would expect so

Comment

• New menu item added:
                          Confit of Chicken (from 1 December 2013)
                          Slow cooked marinated chicken thigh with mushroom risotto and shaved parmesan cheese

Comment

New menu item added:
                            Confit of Chicken (from 1 December 2013)
                            Slow cooked marinated chicken thigh with mushroom risotto and shaved parmesan cheese
                            And the F version is Confit of Duck Leg with mushroom risotto and shaved parmesan cheese.

Comment

• Thanks! I've BTC-ed the Confit next Tues-Weds

Comment

Thanks! I've BTC-ed the Confit next Tues-Weds
                                Looking forward to your review / pictures :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X