No announcement yet.

BTC selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be flying in J class from Tokyo-Singapore in December. I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendation for dinner on board. Is there a recommended/"must-try" BTC item? Is their standard meal on this sector better than BTC? Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Comment

• post deleted
      Originally posted by B727 View Post
      The BTC rack of lamb in the last month has been delicious! The lamb was juicy and it plated with a green salad with crunchy sliced radish yum!
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• BTC Soya Beef.. SIN - CGK

Beef quite tasty but hard enough to chew, rice is bad , dry and hard , vegetables around it pale and tasteless.

Overall not recommended

Comment

• [/IMG]

The Matt Moran Seared Lamb Loin.

And it was pink too yum!

[/IMG]

Comment

• I've BTC'd the Indian Lamb Shank a few times outta SIN and it is deelish. This is in part coz lamb shank is always braised/stewed, which makes it something that tends to work well reheated later.

Comment

• Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise'

I recently had the "Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise'" ex-SIN. Loved it! What the description on the SQ site does not state is that it is served on potatoes. The picture I took does not do it justice...not that I would know how to get it on here anyway at the moment.
              Last edited by Desert Traveller; 1 February 2013, 01:53 PM. Reason: added detail
              /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                I've BTC'd the Indian Lamb Shank a few times outta SIN and it is deelish. This is in part coz lamb shank is always braised/stewed, which makes it something that tends to work well reheated later.
                ex-MEL had to be one of the best I've had -- on the ground or in the air.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  I recently had the "Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise'" ex-SIN. Loved it! What the description on the SQ site does not state is that it is served on potatoes. The picture I took does not do it justice...not that I would know how to get it on here anyway at the moment.
                  I love that dish as well, it used to be Seared Chilean Sea Bass 'à la Niçoise' when it first came out. But they changed it since last October if I'm not mistaken.
                  Wise move, since black cod is similar in flavor and texture. Besides, Chilean seabass is being driven rapidly toward extinction.

Comment

• Originally posted by frolic View Post
                    I love that dish as well, it used to be Seared Chilean Sea Bass 'à la Niçoise' when it first came out. But they changed it since last October if I'm not mistaken.
                    Wise move, since black cod is similar in flavor and texture. Besides, Chilean seabass is being driven rapidly toward extinction.
                    They still have a seared Chilean seabass ex-SIN: "Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass with Bouillabaisse sauce". Never had that though. The black cod was introduced with the menu changes back in May last year.
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                      They still have a seared Chilean seabass ex-SIN: "Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass with Bouillabaisse sauce". Never had that though. The black cod was introduced with the menu changes back in May last year.
                      I already tried that since they changed the menu. the sea bass is lovely, tasted exactly the same as in Seared Chilean Sea Bass 'à la Niçoise'. The zucchini pasta however, I was expecting a pasta made from zucchini, but I was served a normal spaghetti with a few slices of zucchini.

Comment

• Wagyu Sirloin with Eringi Mushroom (ex SIN) and Portuguese-style beef curry (ex-HKG)

From SQ2 R class ex-SIN:

Wagyu Sirloin with Eringi Mushroom

Wagyu sirloin with baked eringi mushroom marinated with truffle, garlic and sake, yuzu and light soy sauce, accompanied by green beans and jalapeño salsa, served with steamed rice

One of the better meat-based BTC. It being wagyu is quite tender for something that is served onboard. The dressing is also quite interesting with a modern twist. I love this definitely.

From SQ2 R class ex-HKG:

Portuguese style beef curry with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and steamed rice

Decent in flavour but nothing spectacular

Comment

• Seared Black Cod Fillet a la Nicoise

Seared Black Cod Fillet 'à la Niçoise'
                          With haricot vert, olives, kalamata olives, cherry tomato and anchovy butter. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Suzanne Goin

One of the better BTCs so far. Had a low expectation as fish and meat dishes tend to dry out on board. But this fish was moist, and the skin was super crispy which provided a very nice contrast. The overall flavour was simple, and fresh. Really good. Will order again.

Comment

• Thanks SQueeze, very nearly ordered that on our ex-SIN two Thursdays ago. Decided to go for the fish on broth instead and the lamb shank. Then the wife decided not to have the BTC and try the tandoori lamb on 227, so didn't get a photo of that.

(Also thanks for reminding me about this thread, will upload a BTC later on. Really liking the variety of BTCs on offer, very refreshing)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              (Also thanks for reminding me about this thread, will upload a BTC later on. Really liking the variety of BTCs on offer, very refreshing)
                              Didn't we dump the pics here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935

and use this thread "selection help"?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Sounds like a (tedious) task for one of the mods to merge everything relevant (since Jan 2012) from this thread into that one.

It seems everyone has already forgotten about that unresurrected thread

Comment

Working...
                                X