BTC selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B727 View Post
    slacker, which flight are you going it for?
    I will be on J in SQ231 (SIN-SYD) I think only 1 meal will be served, supper or b'fast.

Other choices (not the updated ones i think) for BTC r available though.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
      I will be on J in SQ231 (SIN-SYD) I think only 1 meal will be served, supper or b'fast.

Other choices (not the updated ones i think) for BTC r available though.
      slacker, the last time I did SQ 231, I BTC'd Kyo Kaiseki I think, but I seem to recall looking at the F menu and seeing that they were serving only one meal (supper?) cuz it was a red-eye flight and they wanted people to get maximum sleep.

So, perhaps the BTC menu corresponds to the flight's departure time from SIN (late night/supper), hence making your wholegrain breakfast not available as an option. Have you tried verifying with the call center?
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

slacker, the last time I did SQ 231, I BTC'd Kyo Kaiseki I think, but I seem to recall looking at the F menu and seeing that they were serving only one meal (supper?) cuz it was a red-eye flight and they wanted people to get maximum sleep.

So, perhaps the BTC menu corresponds to the flight's departure time from SIN (late night/supper), hence making your wholegrain breakfast not available as an option. Have you tried verifying with the call center?
        Ya man, when selecting the meals, the website states that it is supper. I had thought the service gonna be supper/breakfast, as from what I read so far in this forum.

As someone who never flown J on such a long flight, and as someone who will not easily fall asleep on the plane, I do wished to be served 2 meals. I had wanted to order 2 BTC meals, Roasted Vegetable Salad and the Swedish Multigrain Bread if given a choice. Wondering if I consumed the BTC meal immediately after take off, will I still be able to get something to be served for b'fast? Not sure if it gonna be easy as I am a vegetarian as well.

Anyway, I am still not sure if the BTC had been updated , as I still see Slipper Lobster Thermidor as a choice. I had juz wrote them an email, to ask if it is possible to BTC the Swedish Bread as a b'fast item on that flight.

Comment

I had juz wrote them an email, to ask if it is possible to BTC the Swedish Bread as a b'fast item on that flight.
          Let us know what they say

The vegetarian meals for J-class should be pretty good too

Comment

Let us know what they say
            SQ had replied this:

With regard to booking reference XXXXXX, we noted that Roasted Vegetable
            may be suitable for vegetarians
            as the dish is made up of pan-fried roesti potatoes and served with a
            selection of roasted vegetables, avocado
            and orange marinated in truffle perfumed oil, parsley and chives. It is
            then topped with mesculin salad, freshly
            shaved parmesan cheese and drizzled with fine aged Xeres vinaigrette.

Informatively, we have checked and Swedish Whole-grain Crisp Bread is not
            on the Book the Cook menu
            list for SQ 231 departing 25 May 2012 from Singapore to Singapore.

We have append our Book the Cook menu list for your perusal.

Cater for supper : Singapore-Sydney SQ 231

1. - BEEF RENDANG
            2. - COD WITH FRIED RICE
            3. - CHICKEN CURRY
            4. - CHICKEN RICE
            5. - CHICKEN TIKKA KHURCHAN MASALA
            6. - CHILEAN BASS AND KALAMATA OLIVE POTATO
            7. - CURRY FISH BALLS
            8. - RED DUCK CURRY
            9. - DUCK WITH YAM RICE
            10. - FISH SOUFFLE AND SPICY MINCED CHICKEN
            11. - GYU DON
            12. - HERBAL CHICKEN IN BROTH
            13. - BAKED KING PRAWN
            14. - LONTONG CHICKEN RENDANG
            15. - PRAWN CHICKEN LAKSA
            16. - LAMB SHANK
            17. - CHARGRILLED SOYA BEEF
            18. - NONYA ASSAM FISH
            19. - NASI BIRYANI
            20. - NASI LEMAK
            21. - OVEN ROASTED CORN FED CHICKEN BREAST
            22. - PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN
            23. - ROAST LAMB CHOP
            24. - ROASTED VEGETABLES
            25. - STEAMED COD FISH
            26. - SLIPPER LOBSTER THERMIDOR
            27. - SIX OZ US RIB EYE STEAK
            28. - ASSORTED SUSHI
            29. - SEARED SALMON
            30. - CHICKEN LAMB SATAY
            31. - WILD MUSHROOM AND CHORIZO RISOTTO

We appreciate greatly if you can contact our Call Centre or send us an
            email at least 24 hours before your
            departure should you wish to request for Roasted Vegetables on your flight
            to Sydney.

Mr Yeo, once again thank you for writing to us. We await your response.

Yours Sincerely
            Wardiyana Jaafar (Ms)
            Priority Passenger Contact Centre

Hotline: (65) 62238888

-This email is classified as RESTRICTED unless stated otherwise-

(some gramamtical error in the email though)

The vegetarian meals for J-class should be pretty good too
            Had ordered VLML for my virgin J flight from TPE to SIN. Quite pleased with it. It came with vegetable skewers (to replace satay), some salads with masehd potato (as entree) and cream pasta with plenty of button mushrooms (for the mains). Quite happy with the generosity of the button mushromms though pasta was quite overcooked.

Comment

It is
              then topped with mesculin salad
              Can't wait to see how "mesculin" the mesclun greens turn out to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                The closer the flight date, the more tempted I am by the rack of lamb for the 'light' meal...the local options are better enjoyed in true local fashion me thinks.

I better start asking for 'carry off the plane' service...breakfast in Conrad, brunch in the TPR, followed by lunch and a light meal...looking forward to roll off board.
                Rack of Lamb is definitely a very good choice. Never yet been disappointed with it. Stay away from the lobster Thermidor and the chicken dish...not good at all as the BTC menu.

Comment

Stay away from 8oz steak too. It has no juice and looks like a japanese plastic food replica.

Comment

Can't wait to see how "mesculin" the mesclun greens turn out to be!
                    Hairy chest by the time you land?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      Hairy chest by the time you land?
                      I just hope they don't start substituting Popeye brand canned spinach on my eggs florentine breakie!

Comment

• So the C class menu says Lobster Thermidor (lobster tail) and the selection drop down says Slipper Lobster Thermidor. So what is it? Not that I want to order it as it hasn't great of late the few times I tried it, but talk about confusing customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                          So the C class menu says Lobster Thermidor (lobster tail) and the selection drop down says Slipper Lobster Thermidor. So what is it? Not that I want to order it as it hasn't great of late the few times I tried it, but talk about confusing customers.
                          I think the webdesigner was confused too..

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                            Rack of Lamb is definitely a very good choice. Never yet been disappointed with it
                            The BTC rack of lamb in the last month has been delicious! The lamb was juicy and it plated with a green salad with crunchy sliced radish yum!

Comment

• From the new BTC - BAKED KING PRAWN

So much rice, and so few prawns (four nos) - very stingy
                              but the sauce is good

I won't order again and I won't recommend it to anyone

[IMG][/IMG]
                              Last edited by SQueeze; 26 October 2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• I wanted to post a picture of the Chickenburger but a sloppy crew SIN-HND couldn't be bothered to get the burger done within the first 60 minutes after take-off and I just went to sleep without the burger...

Comment

Working...
                                X