BTC selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
    BTC'd the aforementioned dish in the past and was disappointed. Considering the BTC menu (ex-SIN) hasn't changed much in the last few years, I would say the on-board catering on this sector (SQ26 I presume) should suffice.
    As mentioned above, why not order it (or something else) for the crew?
    HUGE AL

Comment

i do not think its appropriate nor in our interest to go "treating" cabin crew. They are paid enough to afford rolex watches and branded suitcases, when various cabin crew are already losing their pensions.

To encourage this practice is to encourage expectation from the crew with nothing in return.

If the crew were to actually do something substantial such as giving away remainder champagne in the bottles or offering seating further upfront maybe. A smile or a flirt is something that customers have come to expect as a norm.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
        i do not think its appropriate nor in our interest to go "treating" cabin crew. They are paid enough to afford rolex watches and branded suitcases, when various cabin crew are already losing their pensions.

To encourage this practice is to encourage expectation from the crew with nothing in return.

If the crew were to actually do something substantial such as giving away remainder champagne in the bottles or offering seating further upfront maybe. A smile or a flirt is something that customers have come to expect as a norm.
        Why would this encourage 'an expectation' from the crew? If I prefer something off the menu, I pass on my BTC selection. If I do not, I stick with my BTC choice. My choice is surely not something the crew can expect? Or are you afraid crew will start denying that your BTC meal was loaded and just keep it for themselves? Seriously?
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
          Why would this encourage 'an expectation' from the crew?
          if enough people start ordering BTC and then use it to give to the crew, it will no doubt cause them to expect customers to order stuff such as lobsters etc for the crew....

It doesn't make sense to be nice to staff or others if there is wide chance the feedback you receive is negative such as what your criticism is. Pessimistic but its a real and tough love.

Comment

What planet do you live on???

So you only give when you can get something in return. Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. must be a ball with you!

if enough people start ordering BTC and then use it to give to the crew, it will no doubt cause them to expect customers to order stuff such as lobsters etc for the crew....
            I have NEVER come across this attitude from a single SQ crew member -- A Team or B Team.

It doesn't make sense to be nice to staff or others...
            Ahhh...I now sort of understand your posts...
            HUGE AL

Comment

I could take this apart but it's not worth the bother.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                I could take this apart but it's not worth the bother.
                As it was directed at me (and by association, CGK ) I did the work for you. You can thank me with the Krug later.
                HUGE AL

Comment

I think I might start ordering a BTC and then order off the menu on every flight just to make a point

Incidentally, is the Rack of Lamb still a good choice ex-SIN? Ever since the giant lobster ex-LHR, I'm hesitant to order it in case it's a disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    I think I might start ordering a BTC and then order off the menu on every flight just to make a point

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    Incidentally, is the Rack of Lamb still a good choice ex-SIN? Ever since the giant lobster ex-LHR, I'm hesitant to order it in case it's a disappointment
                    It's still good...but not nearly as good as the Lamb Shank ex-Australia.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

If you fly out of SIN in Suites/First Class, you can pick "Japanese Meal" as one of the special meals, even for breakfast, under the "choose your meal" option.

Anyone tried "Japanese Meal"? What do they offer?

Thanks

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/fl.../specialmeals/

Japanese Meal

(JPMLM)
                      Available only to Suites and First Class passengers, this meal is featured on flights from Singapore and other selected routes, with a flight duration of 2 hours or more. Please contact our Reservations Office to make the necessary arrangements for your flight.

Comment

BTC still not updated/uploaded

hmm.. wanted to order a BTC for Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread.

Retrieved my booking at singaporeair.com, and this selection cannot be seen when selecting my BTC choice.

(Oops, should I post this at singaporeair.com thread instead? )

Comment

Wait a second, wasn't there a post here after my last one with a link to the updated BTC Menu???

EDIT: Never mind...I see it was split off.

In any event, the Indian Lamb Shank is available ex-SIN. I HIGHLY recommend it! Best meal I've had SQ!

[Disclaimer: Flight was ex-MEL and I was solo in F.]
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                            hmm.. wanted to order a BTC for Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread.

Retrieved my booking at singaporeair.com, and this selection cannot be seen when selecting my BTC choice
                            slacker, which flight are you going it for?
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

I had the 8oz steak (F BTC) a few days back. That was the first and last. Truly Horrible. No juice.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                                I had the 8oz steak (F BTC) a few days back. That was the first and last. Truly Horrible. No juice.
                                I've never really cared for their BTC steak. It's supposed to be a juicy ribeye, but almost always ended up being this dry filet-like piece of meat.

The last great steak I had in SQ F was a wagyu ribeye that feature on the menu of SQ 308 sometime in August 2009. The following year, this had been replaced by strips of meat rolled in mushroom and overdoused with XO sauce. Very sad indeed.

Looking forward to tasting the selections from the new F BTC menu!
                                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X