No announcement yet.

BTC in F on SQ227, 863 and 318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - I shall try to add to the library of photos when I get back in a couple of months. It's like football stickers - you have loads of lobster thermidor but no laksa at all.

Comment

I have too many photos from my flights. Not all of them are uploaded here.

I know I have the picture of laksa somewhere from one of my flights, but have to do a bit of digging.

But here is laksa from SKL!

Comment

The December 2008 menu for SQ318 has been posted here.

Comment

You certainly won't get hungry on SQ flight even though it's light meal before landing. SQ really feeds you well!

Comment

That's a lot of food. I have decided to go for laksa instead, although the picture of the laksa from the lounge looked alarmingly as though it has an egg in it. That may prompt a rethink.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
              That's a lot of food. I have decided to go for laksa instead, although the picture of the laksa from the lounge looked alarmingly as though it has an egg in it. That may prompt a rethink.
              It is made up in front of you so you can just ask for no egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                Actually the Japanese meals are not that a lot! I usually do a pick and choose among those dishes.
                Laksa alone is very very light. Two bowls for my breakfast at SKL.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                It is made up in front of you so you can just ask for no egg.
                Almost six months passes since last time I was at T2 SKL. Hope the cook is still that gentleman... He always wondered why I did not want normal serving for the noodles in the laksa.

Comment

Two bowls for BF? If I was in the mood for lunch I probably would go for two. But for BF, two bowls of SKL Laksa is too heavy for me. I usually just settle for one. But again some people have bigger appetite for BF than I do.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I BTCed the chilean seabass with rice on SQ863. However chilean seabass also appeared in the onboard menu. The BTCed sea bass was nice but it was quite unusual eating it with rice and the other sides tasted funny. The one on the onboard menu seems to have better accompaniments. In any case it's not worth BTCing something that'd appear on the onboard menu.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 10 December 2008, 05:10 PM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                      Two bowls for BF? If I was in the mood for lunch I probably would go for two. But for BF, two bowls of SKL Laksa is too heavy for me. I usually just settle for one. But again some people have bigger appetite for BF than I do.
                      Well, breakfast time in Singapore is about a dinner time in north america. So it fits well with my body clock!

Comment

I just did the BTC for phaleesy for SQ318.

The first agent I spoke to BTC'ed for the first meal but said that the second meal is a light snack only.

The second agent I spoke to BTC'ed for the first meal but said that the second meal is a light meal. OK, I replied, but can I BTC for the "light meal" ? She said yes but when she then tried, the system wouldn't take the details. I was put on hold and she came back to say that the BTC for the second meal had been entered.

Comment

I am glad it works out for you!
                          Yes, it seems the agent always thinks that the BTC are only for lunch and dinner, but not light meals nor supper sometimes.
                          Does she order heavy meals for the light meals prior to land at LHR? Or the one she wants to keep in tupperware?

Comment

Thanks for the tips - back now and contemplating how I will manage for the rest of my life back in economy...

Anyway - the flights:

SQ405 DEL-SIN - no book the cook so I had to go with what was on offer. Following a heavily delayed train from Agra, I had had only 40 minutes of sleep, so was far from my best. The food seemed rather plain for SQ First:

Basically just chicken noodle soup after some pretty standard breakfast fare.

Comment

After a journey out to the temporary Tekka Market for this:

I returned for SQ227 SIN-MEL - overnight. I had intended to try to sleep straight away and if I failed, I would have had Yu Pian Mi Fen for breakfast. However, I decided on board to have the caviar as the opportunity didn't come along very often (but in the event it had no flavour) and claypot rice which was fantastic. The observant will notice the new crockery aboard the 744:

After this, I slept like a baby all the way to Australia. And here's me looking festive in the Christmas 744 F Cabin just before I got off:

That's all for now - I'll report back on the other flights in due course.

Comment

Shi Quan Shi Mei (ex HKG)

Comment

Working...
                                X