X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    How about SQ318 SIN-LHR?
    I may be wrong. It should have it.
    But, all my menu collections are in the box after moving. So, can't refer to it.

Comment

SQ308 SIN-LHR has satay (see menu). The only SQ satay I've had for 12 months

Comment

Thanks Kiwi Mmmm, I can almost taste it now!!

Comment

The menu I posted was for SQ308 not 318, but hopefully it is the same lunch service.

Comment

My offer still stands : Any SQTalker who comes by KUL shall avail of the finest satay this side of Uranus, courtesy of SQFlyergirl.

Then we won't miss SQ satay all that much

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              The menu I posted was for SQ308 not 318, but hopefully it is the same lunch service.
              Yep, noted that thanks Kiwi And sorry,...a belated welcome to SQTalk

Originally posted by SQflyergirl
              My offer still stands : Any SQTalker who comes by KUL shall avail of the finest satay this side of Uranus, courtesy of SQFlyergirl.
              Next trip SQflyergirl!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Uh...the use of food and "uranus" in the same sentence is not recommended

Btw, where in KUL can I find this satay? Will be there this Tue and Wed.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post

Btw, where in KUL can I find this satay? Will be there this Tue and Wed.
                  Oh gosh, heaps of places........ YGPM (you will in a sec anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Hey I was in KUL a couple of times last month... sorry I didn't see this post earlier!

But I do agree, Malaysian satay overall beats Singaporean satay. Both in taste and definitely the $$ factor. In fact, I find satay served on MH plumper and juicier than SQ's equivalent. Plus the peanut sauce really is made with fresh crushed peanuts.

I'm salivating as I write this from Calary !

Comment

Satay is 'poor' food - which is not a slight against it at all, but to me means that it suffers when made 'high end' with better cuts of meat and upsized into larger portions. Good satay for me is bite sized, fatty (thus jucier), accompanied with cukes, onions, ketupat and a soupy peanut gravy/sauce. SQ's is good, but not classic 'brings back memories' stuff.

Best satay I've had is in M'sia as well. A colleague whisked me from my hotel in PJ and we did a late night run to Kajang just for satay. Delish!

Comment

Best satay I have ever had is still in Indonesia and worst satay I ever had is at Newton Circle in Singapore (blame me for eating my satay there). In Indonesia, best satays come from the food cart and not those served in the restaurant.

Talking about "poor" food, in Indonesia you do get them in very small bite pieces with different types of sauces of your choice from the Madura peanut sauce (Java and other islands), the Malay peanut sauce (cooked & soupy - mostly in North Sumatra and Riau), the Padangnese curry sauce, as well as just a simple onion and chile in kecap manis.

And yes, ketupat or lontong is a must for satay or it won't be a satisfying meal.

And yes, MH satay is way better than SQ satay in terms of juiciness and the consistency of the sauce.
                        Last edited by UMD; 12 July 2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          And yes, ketupat or lontong is a must for satay or it won't be a satisfying meal.
                          Someone should tell SQ that.

And yes, MH satay is way better than SQ satay in terms of juiciness and the consistency of the sauce.
                          Definitely! For those who haven't been lucky yet to try, here's a pic from Quik!:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...69&postcount=2

Comment

Thanks for you lot, you've decided what I'm having for lunch today.... just somehow got the hankering for satay now

Comment

Best satay I have ever had is still in Indonesia and worst satay I ever had is at Newton Circle in Singapore (blame me for eating my satay there).
                              It's not THAT bad, the satay at Newton Circus. I just had some over the weekend and it was fine. But then my friend knew which stall to order from. I love being able to dip the whole skewer into the peanut sauce and eat it up in a bite!

I'll need a redo when I get back in SG in 10days. Trying to make a trip up to KL but my schedule doesn't look promising

Comment

I smell a SIN Satay DO

Comment

Working...
                                X