Booking of Hanakoireki on SIN-FUK ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking of Hanakoireki on SIN-FUK ??

Can anyone advise if booking of above meal is required? But it is probably not under BTC since I cannot find it there.

Or would it falls under the standard meal category (available on board, no booking required)?

Originally posted by travelhappies View Post
    Can anyone advise if booking of above meal is required? But it is probably not under BTC since I cannot find it there.

Or would it falls under the standard meal category (available on board, no booking required)?

Hanakoireiki is (IIRC) always offered as the alternative to the western/chinese mix of main courses on SIN-NRT and SIN-KIX. THe hanakoireiki is not a main course-only meal - it comprises the starter and dessert as well. No booking required (or allowed)

guess this shd be the case for SIN-FUK too

Comment

I was in SQ656 (SIN-FUK) on 19 May. I did not recall to see Hanakoireki in the menu as it departed 1 am (it usually departs around that time, as you know).

Although I have never tried Hanakoireki before and even it is on the menue, I think it would be a bit too big as a breakfast unless you are happy to eat it as a very late/early morning supper.

If you are flying back in SQ 655 (FUK-SIN), it would definitely have Hanakoireki as a regular menu. But if you are sitting in F or K, I would suggest you to contact to the local office to arrange it before your departure.
      Hanakoireki is relatively new to this sector and many Japanese would be in this flight. So when the FA would come to take your order, it would be easily run out. This is what I was advised twice by FA.

Hope it would be of some help.

Comment

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
        I was in SQ656 (SIN-FUK) on 19 May. I did not recall to see Hanakoireki in the menu as it departed 1 am (it usually departs around that time, as you know).

Although I have never tried Hanakoireki before and even it is on the menue, I think it would be a bit too big as a breakfast unless you are happy to eat it as a very late/early morning supper.

If you are flying back in SQ 655 (FUK-SIN), it would definitely have Hanakoireki as a regular menu. But if you are sitting in F or K, I would suggest you to contact to the local office to arrange it before your departure.
        Hanakoireki is relatively new to this sector and many Japanese would be in this flight. So when the FA would come to take your order, it would be easily run out. This is what I was advised twice by FA.

Hope it would be of some help.
        Originally posted by christophercheangsl View Post
        Hanakoireiki is (IIRC) always offered as the alternative to the western/chinese mix of main courses on SIN-NRT and SIN-KIX. THe hanakoireiki is not a main course-only meal - it comprises the starter and dessert as well. No booking required (or allowed)

guess this shd be the case for SIN-FUK too
        Thank you both for your comments. I will try and call SQ SG office to see if they can arrange it on my SIN-FUK leg.

Comment

Originally posted by travelhappies View Post
          Thank you both for your comments. I will try and call SQ SG office to see if they can arrange it on my SIN-FUK leg.

SIN-NRT SQ638 sleeper service also offered a hanakoireki (just one bento, instead of the usual 2 bentos for a full lunch/dinner)

Comment

I called SQ and told them I am requesting for Hanakoireki for both legs of my JP trip (SIN-FUK-SIN) in Sep.

Today i called again to see if they are serving me Hanakoireki or just putting my request in a remark section. They told me they have "log in" my order and it has been send to the catering side. So, I will be served that for meals.

But still, "Fingers crossed"

Edit,
            didn't ask if it will be a full set or half set.

Comment

i don't think you can order it. There is absolutely no way SQ has a function to allow one to prebook meals (except for BTC). If not, everyone will be requesting for a particular kind of meal

FYI, About 40% of the main courses catered on that sleeper service will be loaded with the Hanakoireki. Hence, if you want to ensure you get your choice, you could inform the stewardess upon boarding that you would like to place your order for that meal.

They usually come around taking your order later, but if you are afraid that choice runs out, let them know the moment you board. #beingkiasu

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                i don't think you can order it. There is absolutely no way SQ has a function to allow one to prebook meals (except for BTC). If not, everyone will be requesting for a particular kind of meal

FYI, About 40% of the main courses catered on that sleeper service will be loaded with the Hanakoireki. Hence, if you want to ensure you get your choice, you could inform the stewardess upon boarding that you would like to place your order for that meal.

They usually come around taking your order later, but if you are afraid that choice runs out, let them know the moment you board. #beingkiasu
                Well I do not know about how red eye flight service works for Hanakoireki, as I would not be interested in having it, the day flight service worked for me.

I rang to local office (Tokyo) before flying FUK - SIN on June 1, the agent happily confirmed it. On boarding, shortly after serving pre-flight drink, FA approached to me to confirm my pre-order meal (Hanakoireki) on the phone.

Maybe it depends on the route you fly & the food you order on the phone is available on the flight menu?

Comment

So if I'm getting this right, Hanakoireki is a meal (duh) in itself? So I can't BTC another? =D Greedy me..

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                    So if I'm getting this right, Hanakoireki is a meal (duh) in itself? So I can't BTC another? =D Greedy me..
                    actually if u order a JPML for your flights, you will be getting either the Hanakoireki or Kaiseki set - identical to that of the set being served on board. So if u want to 'gaurantee' your hanakoireki, just go ahead and place an order for JPML ex-SIN.

i'm not too sure abt ex-station though.

Comment

Thanks Bent!

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                        Thanks Bent!
                        do update here after your flight and let me know if i am right!

Comment

Working...
                        X