Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB booking problems on SQ Bizclass

Dear friends,

I just tried to book 2 reward tickets in SQ Bizclass with my SK (sas) EBG card.
    OSL-SIN.

The woman on the SAS reservation call-centre here in Norway tried
    to book my seats through LHR, CDG, ZRH and FRA, but NO J-class available!
    Just 4 Y-class seats.
    She tried MANY different dates, but nothing available.
    Even dates in September 2011...

Doesn't SQ allow SK EB to book rewards seats in Biz-class on their flights??

Alex.

There's no J class award available by most *A carriers since SQ does not release J saver awards for its A380 and 77W. Only option you have is via FRA on the 747-400, then again, due to the number of award J seats available for the whole *A, 747 J *A award seats are very hard to come by too, esp for mid-long haul flights. There's already very limited availability if using Krisflyer miles, so I would expect even less availability for *A.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, this is rediculous!
      SQ is a member of the *A and should be commited to
      let partner airlines book rewards in all classes and aircraft.

If they cannot do this they should be excluded from the Star Alliance.

I will call SQ here in Norway and demand an answer, if they deny
      me an award booking on J-class on an A380/B77W, I will send a formal
      complaint to both SQ and Star Alliance in Frankfurt.

Comment

I wouldn't waste money on the call and start the letter now really.

Comment

I will make the call and write the letters if I get a negative response from SQ.

The *A website states:
          "...That's right, you can redeem the miles or points in your airline frequent flyer programme for award travel on any Star Alliance member airline."

It says NOTHING about not beeing able to book the SQ A380/77W J-class with partner bonuspoints.

Now, SQ is my favorite airline, but we should NOT allow them to get too cocky.

Comment

Good luck with the letter, alex_007. We here haven't been happy with the absence of savers on the 77W and A380 either.

Having said that, I'd be circumspect about citing the *A website as your source for your complaint. That statement is marketing guff. It doesn't say you can redeem your miles on the class and carrier of your choice (on the date of your choosing -- I know you've tried being flexible with your dates).

I don't mean to dampen your outrage, but I just don't think SQ will care, and I don't think FFs who are looking to redeem partner miles have much leverage in their decision.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

What you're after is I class seats, the ones which are generally "traded" amongst star alliance carriers. On these 77W/A380 flights, I is not available.

Redemption seats are available to Krisflyer members for much more miles, and these book into C (full) and D (standard) - if i recall correctly. Due to the lack of I class seats, Krisflyer members don't get to redeem at Saver rates either - so it's not a blockage aimed at any particular FFP, it's a systemwide lockout.

To echo other posters here, Alex_007 - I think you SHOULD write in, but I'd lower my expectations on the results. This has been going on for 4 years, 1 month and 12 days since the first SQ334 became a 77W flight.

You wouldn't be the first to complain and you won't be the last. Every single response I've seen so far is a bog standard computer generated reply.

Still, I do hope maybe one of these letters will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Comment

We support you, mate - go for it!

Comment

If i am Sq revenue management and i receive hundreds of letters/complaints asking me to release "I" seats and thereby "losing" money when im able to sell them and maintain my pride, how should i react?

I'm not complaining, I'm not being judgemental and i'm not singling out anyone. I'm just asking the question.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_007 View Post
                    Dear friends,

I just tried to book 2 reward tickets in SQ Bizclass with my SK (sas) EBG card.
                    OSL-SIN.

The woman on the SAS reservation call-centre here in Norway tried
                    to book my seats through LHR, CDG, ZRH and FRA, but NO J-class available!
                    Just 4 Y-class seats.
                    She tried MANY different dates, but nothing available.
                    Even dates in September 2011...

Doesn't SQ allow SK EB to book rewards seats in Biz-class on their flights??

Alex.
                    Heisann og velkommen til SQTalk!

Just a thought, if all else fails, why not try TG and do OSL-BKK-SIN? They are utilising the 772's on the OSL route for the winter season.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                      If i am Sq revenue management and i receive hundreds of letters/complaints asking me to release "I" seats and thereby "losing" money when im able to sell them and maintain my pride, how should i react?

I'm not complaining, I'm not being judgemental and i'm not singling out anyone. I'm just asking the question.
                      I'm sure "I" seats are readily available to other *A partners if they are willing to pay SQ's exorbitant rates for access to those seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        I'm sure "I" seats are readily available to other *A partners if they are willing to pay SQ's exorbitant rates for access to those seats.
                        Business Class Awards on LH to SIN from FRA are very hard to come by because biz class is extremely well booked, but it is pretty easy to score F-Class Seats on LH to SIN, i do it always for my wife...

Concerning the absence of saver awards on 77W and 380, I can understand if the planes are always full, which certainly applies to a lot of flights... but just e.g. last week flying SIN-FRA-SIN on SQ 3326/325 - on the way to FRA on Jan 4 we were 8 passengers out of 42 seats in Biz Class, and F-Class was completely empty, on the way back on Jan 12 10 seats were still available in Biz Class and in F-Class only 2 out of 8 were occupied, in particular F-Class on SQ 325/326 is always very empty when i fly.

Whilst I am Miles and More i do not understand SQ's policy not even to make short time redemption on saver awards at least available for their own frequents flyer, their standard awards amount and full amount awards, you cannot take them serious.

Comment

Working...
                        X