Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saver Tickets Redemption Unavailable on A330?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver Tickets Redemption Unavailable on A330?

Hi,

I am looking at the Redemption Calculator on the SQ website.

I have tried to make a calculation on the site for a J saver ticket for AMS > BNE It says on the second leg SIN > BNE saver tickets are not applicable for this route. It also does it if i do it for an upgrade to J from Y.

I though that Saver tickets where available on the A330? From my understanding i though saver tickets where only blocked on 777-300ER, A380 + A340 flights.

Can anyone explain this please? Is it just a glitch?

Thanks

It could have been either a glitch, or it could have been that saver seats are simply out. Sometimes these things do happen.

I've redeemed Saver to Brisbane before so hope that helps.
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

When is this for? Is it for all dates in that month?

Call up KF and tell them the website doesn't let you click the radar Saver button, then ask for the Saver and the 15% discount to be applied.

Comment

this is a glitch that has been going on for awhile now.

it happens on the enquiry page. try doing a dummy redemption with your account. It should come up with savers if available.

Comment

J Savers are usually available from BNE all the time. At the moment there is only a shortage due to the high demand over the University/Christmas holiday period.

Comment

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
            this is a glitch that has been going on for awhile now.

it happens on the enquiry page. try doing a dummy redemption with your account. It should come up with savers if available.
            I second this, used to search SIN - LAX, which turns out with only 1 way "available" for saver redemption, but dummy search turns up waitlist available, at least on certain days.

Comment

Im using this and you cant specify a date - http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...sp?v=40816668&

If i log into my account and make a dummy one its ok. Shall i send a quick e-mail to SQ and let them know?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
                  Yep, my advice also. If I look up BKK-MEL in the redemption calculator area as the op did it always tells me savers are not available, which of course they are on one flight into MEL from SIN.

Much better doing a dummy booking and then ringing KrisFlyer if savers show up as a continual waitlist.

Always tell them your trouble and they SHOULD (or make sure they do, as it their computer website having the trouble) honor the 15% discount if flights are available.

SQ238.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Hi,

I am looking at the Redemption Calculator on the SQ website.

I have tried to make a calculation on the site for a J saver ticket for AMS > BNE It says on the second leg SIN > BNE saver tickets are not applicable for this route. It also does it if i do it for an upgrade to J from Y.

I though that Saver tickets where available on the A330? From my understanding i though saver tickets where only blocked on 777-300ER, A380 + A340 flights.

Can anyone explain this please? Is it just a glitch?

Thanks

I just done a dummy booking to see if my advice above held true, it does.

A one-way AME-BNE J Saver Award on 17/02/11 comes out as 63,750 miles.

Airport/Government Taxes EUR 49.17
                    Carrier Surcharges EUR 164.29

I think those taxes work out less than MEL-BKK

SQ238
                    Last edited by SQ238; 11 January 2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I agree with others go on online redemptions. Sometimes flights are shown as waitlisted and the waitlist is removed at the time before paying. PAX can also book a flight that is waitlisted. No points are deducted until the waitlisted is removed and upon payment is made.

Comment

It's a glitch and has been there for a while now. Same when you try to look at KIX, NGO, FUK, NRT (one A330 flight) etc. As long as you can book it ignore the redemption calculator.

Comment

Working...
                        X