Compensation for A380 change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation for A380 change.

I was really pleased, and to be honest very suprised, to get the following email, and see compensation miles credited back into my krisFlyer account recently.

Dear Mr Xxxxxxx,
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused when the Airbus 380 aircraft that was scheduled to operate SQ227 from Singapore to Melbourne was changed to a Boeing 744 aircraft on XX November 2010.
    We note that you have redeemed a standard upgrade award from Economy to Business class on this flight. We acknowledge that you had utilized more miles to redeem an upgrade on our A380 aircraft. As a gesture of goodwill, we will be crediting the difference in miles between a Standard and Saver award upgrade 29,750 miles for this flight into your account.
    Once again, please accept our apologies for the disappointment experienced as a result of the aircraft change. We look forward to serving you better in future.

Yours sincerely
    Xxxxx Xxxxxx
    Head KrisFlyer Contact Centre

good result, although I don't know whether the 'gesture of goodwill' should have come into it. you were clearly entitled to a refund IMO.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      good result, although I don't know whether the 'gesture of goodwill' should have come into it. you were clearly entitled to a refund IMO.
      I honestly thought I would have to wear the change of airplane. My first leg HKG-SIN was A380 and second leg SIN-MEL was substituted with the 747. I just assumed they would think along the lines that standard awards are avaiable on both aircraft so no compensation needed.

As I say, a pleasant suprise.

SQ238.

Comment

Very nice - that's the way it should be. Good on SQ.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

That is nice news!

Comment

Don't let hybridace101 get wind of this!

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              Absolutely. As long as they insist on keeping the Saver Award ban on the 380 and 77W they give themselves no choice other than to refund miles.

Comment

Nice gesture by SQ but it should be expected after the trent 900 debacle.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X